Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 What is your kid's bedtime?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic What is your kid's bedtime? Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  9:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora's bedtime used to be 6:30, but she started fighting it and having bad afternoons, so now she goes to bed around 8pm, but we have added an afternoon nap.

So what time do you put your little ones to bed, and what bedtime routine do you do?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  9:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee,

I put my little ones (4 years and 18 months) down at 6pm. They don't exactly go to SLEEP at 6pm, of course -- they are just in their room with the light off. They fool around a little bit, and I don't worry about it too much. The 18 month old still naps during the day, but not the 4 year old -- she "plays quietly" which means sometimes she falls asleep must mostly she doesn't.

Best,

Robin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  10:06:08 PM  Show Profile
8:30pm for my three 11 year olds and 9pm for my 13 year old right now...later in summertime of course. They have had that bedtime (the 8:30) for a few years now..before that it was 8pm forever! If I put my kids to bed any earlier..even when they were real small...they were up too early for me. 6:30 is plenty early..haha. For a bedtime routine we get jammies on at 8:30 and then they have 30 min to do what they need to do..oldest daughter has a little longer..and takes all her extra time with her "routine"..she is a crack up...and family prayer and then lights out at 9pm. Of course sometimes we have to be flexible..but that is always the goal.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  10:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
7:30 for my 2 year old. Charlie gets up around 7-7:30 in the morning. We sometimes push bed back to 8 on the weekends so we can have pizza/movie night. We turn off the tv, sing, play quietly, read, say prayers and on Wednesday and Sunday, it is bath night. He takes about 45 minutes to wind down in bed, so he is usually completely out by 8:15 or so. He naps anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3, depending if he is in daycare or at home.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  01:01:07 AM  Show Profile
well I dont know about the kids, but my 66 year old kid is asleep about 8 every night on the couch LOL
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  04:41:44 AM  Show Profile
Shirley that sounds like my dad!

Wyatt is 12 months old and his bedtime is 8:00. Well, that is the time we go upstairs and he is typically asleep by 8:30. He does not get a bath every night, but we usually try to read a book up in his room, though we only usually get about halfway through before he is squirming too much. Then it is lights out and into the crib. He will start to wake up around 5:30 but doesn't fully wake up until 6:00. We have tried keeping him up later hoping that he would sleep a bit later, but that makes no difference, he is up at 6:00 no matter what. He takes a morning nap of maybe an hour, and usually an afternoon nap. Sometimes an hour, but usually more like 30 minutes.

My friend has a 20-month old who has always gotten up at 4:30 AM, even if he stays up late. How would you like that? But, his mom gets a lot done in the mornings now!
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  05:20:00 AM  Show Profile
My boys, who are 3 and 1, go to bed at 8:00. Unless we have had a long day and they haven't napped well, then it's 7:00.
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  05:35:20 AM  Show Profile
My 4 year old and 6 year old go to bed around 8:45. I've never had the heart to put them to bed while it's still light outside! My 4 year old wakes up super-early though so if I put her to bed any earlier, she'd be raring to go at 4 am.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  08:15:53 AM  Show Profile
When my girls were a little younger(now they are 10 &7) I would put them to bed at 7 pm, now it is 7:30 pm but we read for about 20 minutes first, then it is lights out unless it is the weekend Friday & Saturday nights they are allowed to stay up in their rooms until 8:30.
Laura
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  08:25:51 AM  Show Profile
My 4.5 year old son goes to bed at 8 p.m. Just before that time we have him clean up his toys before heading upstairs to brush his teeth. We read him the book of his choice, then tell him a story we make up. Then it's bed! He has to be up by 7 a.m. for early childhood development school. I have found it best not to let him nap, otherwise he is too full of energy to go to bed at the regular time. Each child is different, you have to find what will work best for yours. As they get older, their schedule will need to change a bit.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  10:01:56 AM  Show Profile
My 4 and 7 year old take a bath at 7:30 and are in bed by 8. the 7 yr old plays his gameboy for about 30 minutes or so before lights out. the older kids get to stay up until 10pm. the baby who is almost 2 goes to bed between 7 and 9pm depending on what time he was down for a nap..

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  6:27:16 PM  Show Profile
Mine are 3, 5, and 7 and bedtime is 7:00. They wake up at the same time every morning, pretty much, no matter how late they go to bed. . .they're just more miserable if they stay up late!
Go to Top of Page

HFox
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Laura
Parkesburg PA
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  07:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Send HFox a Yahoo! Message
My kids (ages 8,7 and 4) are in bed at 7:30. Usually asleep by eight.
Baby Sally, on the other hand.. has other ideas.. usually she's asleep by 9:30. Not too shabby for a one month old
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  08:47:17 AM  Show Profile
I am the voice of dissent as usual...my kids don't really have a bed time. They sleep when they are tired, just like they eat when they are hungry. They dont stay up all hours, though sometimes it's later than others. I don't view sleep as a habit, but a need therefore I don't feel it is something that should be regulated to an exact time.

[size=1]
~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://womonandsprout.wordpress.com
http://youtube.com/profile?user=GaiasRose
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  12:22:04 PM  Show Profile
Mine are older.
My soon to be 12 year old goes to bed at nine. She sings to herself or fools around until 10-10:30 in her bed-in the dark.
For a LONG time she went to bed at 8-8:30. This year she graduated up until nine after a couple of test runs.
She has NEVER napped a day in her life, so I had to be more rigid on bed time when she was really little.
My son is 17, goes to bed whenever. I took his bed time away last year because he is level headed enough to put him self to bed when he is tired, AND he gets himself up in the morning with no problem.

He naps in the car too, if I take him with me somewhere. He has always done that. IF I back out of the driveway, he is out like a light. It is so cute.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  7:35:53 PM  Show Profile
Our schedule is much like Robin's (sometimes Jack even goes to sleep around 5:30)- and if they stay up later they are just miserable and still get up at the crack of dawn (6 or so). It seems like that later they stay up the less they want to sleep...and then they are constantly overtired. Jack still naps twice a day but Bella just has a quiet rest time. We aren't naturally dogmatic about sleep times, the kids showed us what they needed and it is just so obvious that they are tired by 6 that it is lights out. Bella is 4 and a half and can occasionally stay up a bit later but not too often.
Warmly, Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

yasmine
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

yasmine
wappingers falls ny
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  6:20:25 PM  Show Profile
hey, my kids bed down around 8:30 9:00. If I put them to bed any earlier they will be up , destroying the home for an hour before I hear them, then I'll come down and find Asher and Isaac eating hidden sour patch kids or gumballs that I make sure are hidden: my husband's. HAHAA

At night , they will be in bed and just to get me in there again, they will scream.".can you come in and pray for me!!"
or " can you read the bible, mommy!!"

they are so cute, my other two keep coming down asking for water, apple, bananna, or what ever else they can think of as an excuse to get out of bed and come downstairs for..

Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  6:34:54 PM  Show Profile
My Daughter has 4 children, ages 3 1/2,5,7,9. The 2 youngest go to bed at 7:30. The 7 yr old goes to bed at 8:30 and the oldest goes to bed at 9.....they all get up at 6:30 for school. Seems to work for her.

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic What is your kid's bedtime? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page