Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Are these shoes appropriate?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are these shoes appropriate? Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  8:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I found a beautiful pair of pewter, open toe dress pumps on sale and I fell in love. Question- can I wear open toe to work? Here is a pic...

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/shopbyheel/3_314in/womens/PRD~319969/apt+9+Glance+OpenToe+Dress+Pumps++Pewter.jsp

I see so many women so casual but I wear a lot of business suits. What do you think?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Feb 19 2008 8:24:39 PM

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  8:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think open toe is fine for work.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  8:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Technically, an open toe is not appropriate for a business casual environment. If you can get away with it, GO FOR IT. Those are beautiful! Before my life as a SAHM, I had office jobs. If you have on a really nice outfit, and it goes really well, and your HR manager is a fashionista, you can get away with it. If you are looking to really go by the book, check your HR manual first.

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  8:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I wear really nice pant suits and mostly flats, but once in awhile, a gal just has to have a pretty shoe. I figure I can wear it around to parties too. I have seen bare legs and some other with remain nameless fashions at work. I haven't been in an office environment for years, so I am lost!! LOL

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  9:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Bare legs are ok...in summer, sometimes. You gotta get those shoes girl. Put em on your coffee table and just look at em. Or wear em out to get the mail and feel fabulous. You go! I married a short guy and am not allowed to wear heels. I am 5'9"

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  11:00:38 PM  Show Profile
They are sure pretty. You could WORK in those? Wow. I am SOOOO not a high heels kinda gal. Never really was. Good thing I can wear my Nikes or crocs to work..haha. They are so pretty though...you will feel so good in them!!
Hey Patricia...my husband and I are both the same height (he SAYS he is an inch taller but isn't) so I don't wear heels either. That is my excuse..probably wouldn't anyhow.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  05:44:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm not a high heels person anyone, but my job doesn't require it, luckily! Those are really pretty Heather! Try to see if they'll let you wear them!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:

www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com

www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  05:49:09 AM  Show Profile
Open toe is fine for warmer weather, at least in our office environment. I'm a paralegal at a smaller law firm, so we can be a little more casual...Unfortunately, you should probably also wear sandal foot knee highs with them. I'm not a stockings girl, so I wouldn't (which is why I'd only wear them in the hot summer :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  06:04:41 AM  Show Profile
I love those shoes. Please, please don't wear hose with them though! :)

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  06:06:54 AM  Show Profile
I'm totally in agreement Jennifer--I hate hose, but often times, in larger corporations stockings are required...so open toe wouldn't be a shoe I'd go for if I worked in one of those :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  06:16:01 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, if stockings are required than save those gorgeous shoes for something fun!

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are these shoes appropriate? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page