Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Did you hair get curlier...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Did you hair get curlier... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  12:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
or even wavier after you had a baby? Mine is now very wavy. I used to have some body but was mostly stick straight. Now I can actually put gel in it while it is wet and get quite a bit of waviness. I have heard of this happening after having a child....or is it the start of menopause...or something else...like I am nuts ??

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  1:21:14 PM  Show Profile
I swear mine got curlier and I had really, really curly hair to begin with. Now I have to use a relaxer just to get it to resemble "curly" instead of "kinky".

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  2:37:14 PM  Show Profile
mine got twice as long after I had my first child.
it's now to my rear..when I first was married it was shoulder length.that's about the only thing that I noticed..and probably a bit thicker.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  3:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Mine gets curlier the older I get for some reason...the longer it gets the curlier too. It is really wavy.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  5:00:08 PM  Show Profile
I have REALLY curly hair, which got almost straight right after each baby! I also noticed some thinning. My auntie had the same experience. It must be a hormonal change that causes it. It always went back to it's kinky self when each babe was a few months old.

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  5:03:42 PM  Show Profile
My hair gets curlier the longer it gets too. When I was pregnant with my first, my hair fell out during pregnancy. With the second it started falling out after I had him, and even now, a year later, it's still falling out pretty badly. About every 2 weeks I have to get out the baking soda and vinegar to unclog the drain in the shower.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl1
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Robin
Douglasville GA
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  5:21:23 PM  Show Profile
Mine didn't get curlier after pregnancy, it stayed just as straight. But I had really bad migraines that they put on steroids for and my hair started falling out and it came back in very curly and keeps getting curlier.

Farm Girl Sister #28
#1 prissy farmgirl.
Oh, I want a pink John Deere Tractor.
http://fonvillefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  03:32:01 AM  Show Profile
Wow, no one believes me but my hair has gotten way curlier...it was pin straight! My hormones kicked up at age 32 and that's when my hair texture changed too!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  04:35:42 AM  Show Profile
Mine was very fine and straight. Now it has several really good kinks in it and some waves too. At first I thought it was just a bad haircut, but it wasn't. Now I have to come up with all new hairstyles that never worked on my hair before.

Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  05:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Oh good! I thought I was losing my mind! I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I was younger, my hair also was stick straight and stringy. I used to spend 100's of bucks to make it really curly. Even through two children. But once I hit 40 and the "peri-menopause" kicked it, it grows like a weed and so curly that it practically forms its own dredlocks!

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  08:18:39 AM  Show Profile
Mine did after having my daughter, only I didn't know it right away. It was a very short pixie style then. A few years later, when I grew it out a bit, I noticed it was almost curly. Not quite curly enough to be cute-or lovely ringlets, but enough to be a pain in the tukus.
I did turn out if I had it layered and thinned out (I have A LOT of baby-fine hair) I didn't have to do much other than blow dry it, and put a little water wax in it, and it was darn cute.
In the summer though, if I put it up, I would get little curly ringlets that would fall down around my neck.

My Aunt's sister had cancer, her hair fell out from the Chemo. Once it grew back in it was curly.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  08:24:46 AM  Show Profile
Mine got more curly with each baby...isn't that weird?

Dalyn
Muckboots 'N Aprons Chapter
~Hick Chicks Soap Barn~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com
Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  11:49:45 AM  Show Profile
Mine now has a wave on my 'under' hair, down close the nape of my neck. My hair has lightened too, not just gray but also lightened. I color it to even out the color and to give it more texture. Also, use a great shampoo/conditioner to help the texture. It's always been straighter than straight.

Winona :-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  08:05:11 AM  Show Profile
I'm with Jenny on this one. I started growing out my hair and the longer and grayer it gets the curlier it gets. Right out of the shower it looks like I have had a spiral perm.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

If both of our troubles were hung on a line--You would take yours and I would take mine.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Did you hair get curlier... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page