Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Paper Back Swap Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  08:18:28 AM  Show Profile
Have you all heard of www.paperbackswap.com ? I have been a member of the site for two years now and have gotten so many books off my wish list that I have wanted. Books like "Organic Housekeeping" (brand new!) and others that I have wanted but didn't care to buy brand new. Basically, you list ten books that you no longer want and once someone orders it you mail it out. Once they receive it you get a credit to pick out any book you want from the site. So you are getting a book for practically postage. You can search the site and if the book you are looking for isn't there you can put it on your wish list and they will contact you when it is available. I urge you all to check it out - it is a great way to get books!
-Elizabeth

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  10:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for listing this, I will definitely be listing some today. Again, thanks so much

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://KentuckyBackwoods.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  11:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for listing this site! I just joined last night. I have tons of books laying around that I didn't want anymore. This site is great!

BTW- Elizabeth- I tagged you on the topic "tag your it" in Across the Fence. :)
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  4:46:42 PM  Show Profile
I joined today!! Woohoo!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  1:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Wow this is a dangerous site. Thank you for letting us know of this great site. I definitely need to winnow my book collection. It is nice to know people still read books.Thank you, Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  2:09:33 PM  Show Profile
I just joined, thanks so much! I have already listed over 20 books and I keep going back to my bookshelves and finding more. I am having too much fun. Thanks again, Elizabeth!
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  4:23:49 PM  Show Profile
What are your names on papperbackswap? I want to check out your bookshelves! :) I am girlwithasword there.....
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  7:13:09 PM  Show Profile
I probably should have put my user name so that I would have gotten referal credits for you all joining!! lol You can check out my bookshelf with user name babys_mama1 (I think). I only have a few paper backs listed though...I need to go through my shelves and thin out the books again.
Glad you are all enjoying that site, it is addicting and so fun to get different books for practically nothing!!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  03:34:36 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking the same thing for you when I joined...I wonder if I can go back and put you in. It's probably too late now, but I'll try.
I put about 10 books in and got 2 free credits. All ready used them and have two books coming. I have an e-mail this morning stating that one of my books has been requested, so I'll figure that part of it out this afternoon and get it in the mail.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  05:55:21 AM  Show Profile
This is so much fun! I listed 23 books the other night, and I already have to send out 12 of them! Yay! I am going to try to go back and put you as the referral, too, I hope it works. You certainly deserve alot of credits, Elizabeth! Thanks so much for helping me de-clutter my bookshelves! I haven't set up a nickname or profile yet, but I tried to look up Maggie's and couldn't get anything. Maybe I am a dunce.
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  06:54:55 AM  Show Profile
aha! Okay i just set up my profile. I am the dunce, not you! lol. Got to girlwithasword.paperbackswap.com. I hope that works.....
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  09:38:34 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Maggie, I don't feel so dumb now! I just set up my profile, I am lovelady over there, too. Mybe not dumb, but definately not creative. :)
Go to Top of Page

Mizsuzee
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Susan
Washington State
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  4:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Mizsuzee a Yahoo! Message
Elizabeth, thank you SO MUCH for sharing this website! I joined a couple of weeks ago and have already sent off 8 books and have requested 2. It is a fabulous way to share good reads! I love it!

www.mizsuzee.wordpress.com
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter - that tells what sort of life you've lived.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  4:59:32 PM  Show Profile
I will be doing this too..how fun!!! I have alot of books and keep getting more!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  5:06:35 PM  Show Profile
I just signed up..will list my books later tonight when the kids are in bed and I can think clearly...haha this sounds like fun!
I am AuntJenny there too

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Feb 23 2008 5:07:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  8:53:16 PM  Show Profile
Too much fun, I listed ten books, got requests for five the next day, mailed them off yesterday, and requested two books. This is such a good idea, thanks for passing it along. Karin
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  08:36:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Aunt Jenny! i added you as a buddy. :) Karin and Susan what are your names over there? i will check out your lists! :)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  10:50:14 PM  Show Profile
I am spending way too much time at that site..haha. I listed 11 books and had 2 of them already requested and will send them on their way tomorrow. I found two books I "needed" already too!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  3:58:44 PM  Show Profile
I've done really well there myself...gotten rid of three books, received two and have 3 credits!! Lots of fun

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  9:47:18 PM  Show Profile
I have sent off two now and have three more ready to send off tomorrow..woohoo!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  10:36:41 AM  Show Profile
I just posted a couple of books that might interest farmgirls - some on herbs, knitting, and wildflowers :)
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Paper Back Swap Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page