Gina
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Gina
WV
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  2:36:52 PM  Show Profile
I have been reading these boards for about a week or so and I have decided it was time to join up so that I can join in the fun.

We live on a 3 acre mini farm, but have hopes of owning a much bigger farm some day soon. We have Horses, Chickens, Rabbits, Dogs, Cats, Parakeets and a Guinea pig, for now. I am looking for a donkey right now, I have hopes of breeding and raising donkeys. So if anyone else here has done this or are doing this, I would love to hear about it.

We also love to garden. We have many flower beds and a pretty big vegetable garden. We live right outside of the city limits, which is way too close to the City for me. LOL But I grew up in this area and this is where my parents still live, and this is where we work. We have looked for the past 3 years for just the right farm, but so far we have had no luck. But we do know the area we want to move to now, so that is one step closer. The country is getting farther and farther away from here, and it is looking like we are going to have to go at least an hour away for what we want. Which mean we will have to drive that far to work, but we think it will be worth it.

My DH and I have 5 children, all girls, between the two of us. We are a yours, mine and ours family. Our Children range in age from 19 to 5. So between the kids, the farm, and the animals, our life is pretty busy.

I am so looking forward to getting to know all of you. Living this close to the city, I don't get to talk to many people that feel the same way I do about farming. But when I do come across farm people I always feel like I am at home.

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  3:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to our farm girl site. You fit right in and you are a busy farm girl. We are a friendly bunch, so start reading and post as soon as you would like.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  4:05:32 PM  Show Profile
welcome-welcome! warning-this site is addictive-i have to set the oven timer or i'm reading and writing when i should be studying!!!

love all the smileys as well.

just jump on in-everyone is great here!

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Gina
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Gina
WV
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  10:32:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Linda and Showmemom for the wonderful welcome.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello everyone! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page