Jes
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

jes
whitefield me
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  3:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Just saying hello! I'm brand new to this forum and decided to come and visit because I have been slowly reading AND ENJOYING MaryJanes idea*cookbook*lifebook.

We live in an old farmhouse here in Maine. Though we have 3 pets we do not have farm animals....can't talk Hubby into Chickens or anything, so the old chicken coop makes a cute gardening shed! I DO love to garden...my favorites are my herbs that I use everyday! I am also a perennial enthusiast.

I have worked as an artist for years....mostly painting yardsale furniture....using my flower gardens as inspiration. I have decided to move into another direction working in mixed media and smaller pieces. The barn was getting to full of furniture!

ANYHOO....I have a blog and have made many good friends through it and hope to meet some others with similar interests. Myself and 6 other BLOGGY friends are meeting up in NYC....and when I found out about "The Get Creative NYC"....I instantly bought us all tickets! WOO~HOO! I can't wait to meet MaryJane!

I think she should just do a cookbook on garlic scapes! I love to grow garlic and I WANT MORE RECIPES! LOL

Just a Maine Girl

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  3:43:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jes, It sounds like you've got your hands full. I, as well as others, would love to see some of your art work if you could post some pics. Have fun on this site. Jan
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  3:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jes! Welcome! I'm also from Maine. I'm envious that you get to meet Mary Jane.

I have a friend who owns a store in Calais. Most of what she does is painted furniture. She takes items on commission. If you decide to sell pices I'd be happy to give you her phone number.

What's the address of your blog?

There are garlic recipes here: http://forums.farm-garden.com/viewtopic.php?id=677

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com

Edited by - ThymeForEweFarm on Aug 27 2005 3:50:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  8:36:39 PM  Show Profile
hi jes-welcome!

i'm from the sw corner of missouri-what is maine like?

there are a lot of very talented artists on the board-you should fit right in!

glad to have you.

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Jes
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

jes
whitefield me
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  05:52:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Robin...thanks for the offer of a meetup with your friend....but I had all I could do to keep up here. I always had about a 6 months waiting list for the furniture to come out, plus special orders. I just woke up one day ans thought "I need a break". So I have been basically goofing off this summer...but it's time to get making again. I think it's the new crisp air...always gets the creative juices flowing!

My site is http://sweetpeas.motime.com

I went to visit yours....sounds LOVELY and boy you are WAY up there! I am 15 minutes from RT. 1 Wiscasset.

Karen....Maine is lovely, even in the winter. I wouldn't give up living here for the world. I enjoy outdoor activities....kayaking, hiking, SNOWSHOEING, fishing, boating & gardening. And it seems I can do all of this with a lovely view here in Maine!

Just a Maine Girl
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Maine! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page