Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Introducing myself! :) Next Topic  

Nikki
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nikki
Ohio
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  10:56:29 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I happened upon this board by way of Googling "primitive sayings", and am tickled beyond belief to find a forum where people actually talk about creative ideas!! This is truly up my alley, and I hope to participate in many conversations in the near future!

My name is Nikki (I bet that surprises you! LOL) and I am a 30 yr old mother of two - a three year old son and a thirty-six year old husband ;)

I love all aspects of crafting...if it involves a needle, a glue gun, or pretty paper - it's fair game! I mostly enjoy doing needle-arts such as primitive stitcheries and primitive doll-making.

Primitive style Christmas Ornaments are an obsession of mine right now, and I've just started making patterns to sell in my small online webshop! Oh! And just this week I've found the thrilling excitement of selling creations on EBAY! :) (that can get addictive! It makes you look at everything in your house and wonder how much you can get out of it on the 'bay!) LOLOL

This is why I don't have garage sales - I'd be hauling the pots and pans out to the garage with a dollar price sticker on them -- just for the thrill of the sell! LOL :)

Anywho, I truly look forward to making new crafting friends! :)

Nikki

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  11:05:33 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, welcome, Nikki. Please let us know where to find your online webshop!
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  11:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Welcome Nikki, you sound like our kind of gal!! Although how Google pointed you here from "primitive sayings" I think might remain a mystery..LOL but we are glad you found us. I am a new ebay seller too, I know what you mean. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Nikki
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nikki
Ohio
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:21:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for the welcomes!! :) I just remembered that I forgot-ed to say where I was from! LOL

I live in rural West Central Ohio, and since building our home two years ago, I've discovered my love for bird-watching. We've got muchas acreage behind our house, with a borderline of trees and two ponds... so we get ALL kinds of wildlife - mainly buzzards and hawks! LOL

So, when thinking of a name for my webshop - BUZZARD CREEK CREATIONS just seemed about perfect! Also because it's a fun theme to play with! LOL

My web address is www.buzzardcreek.com in case you're curious about my latest obsessions! ;)

That reminds me - I need to play around with my Html and get my ebay button on my website... pffft - this could be an all-day event...

:)
Nikki
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  1:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Nikki, thanks for the link, your stitcheries are very, very cute.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  2:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Great site! Are the "cozies" like coasters?

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  2:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Nikki, Your items on your website are really cute!! What category are your crafts under on ebay? I have trouble finding things in there. Good luck to you.
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  4:07:23 PM  Show Profile
hi nikki-welcome, welcome!

have you thought about posting your stitchings here on this board?
there's even a barter board to trade stuff that's pretty cool.

glad to have you.

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  4:21:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nikki -- I like your designs. Consider adding tabletop tree skirts for Christmas -- I think that would complement your other designs well. Also, your cozies are like coasters? What about designing a tea cozy pattern? Just an insulated dome to put over the teapot to keep it hot -- and your primitive designs would be way cute on that. (Why am I telling you what to do? Sorry -- just thinking outloud!) Anyway, welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Nikki
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Nikki
Ohio
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  5:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Why, thank you all so very much for the compliments! You've made my evening! :)

Actually, the cozy patterns are for candles, bowls, vases, or whatever your heart desires! I'm so glad that you asked that, because I think I forgot to write in the descriptions that they're 8" in diameter - so thanks for pointing that out! I'll have to add that to the descriptions!

I'm having a blast designing the candle mats! I just got two huge orders on Wednesday for a total of 10 mats, 8 coasters, and 2 framed stitcheries! WHEW! I was ecstatic beyond belief, but am stitching my fingers to the bone! LOL I think I'll end up stitching the hoop 'n all to my hip before it's all said and done! :)

KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING! Seriously! I love to hear everyone's ideas, and truth be told, most of my patterns have been suggestions from others about what they'd love to see. The tea cozy would be magnificent - and I could easily do the stitchery pattern for it - but I'm not a very experienced sewer yet! Oh! And the tabletop tree skirt!!! WONDERFUL IDEA! THANK YOU!

Believe it or not - until Christmas of '03, I had NEVER even touched a sewing machine!!! I had previously made all my dolls by hand, and the big projects still intimidate me. I've made a few block quilts (one each for my parents) but even they scare me! LOL I did sign up for a quilting class in the area, but the week that it began was right around Easter this past year, and my son and I were so sick with a pesky bronchial infection, there's no way I could have made it... but as soon as I get a little practice under my belt - EVERYTHING will be up for creation! LOL

I have designed a stitchery mat to go on the back of a toilet - but haven't had the chance to stitch it up yet... and coasters are my next project du jour, i think! :)

On Ebay, I believe I'm under the category of handmade needlearts - but if you do a search for "Primitive Stitchery", you're sure to come across some of my creations! :) Also, if you click the link to my webpage, there's a button for Ebay on there as well - and that will take you directly to what I've got up for auction!

Now this may sound silly - but if I wanted to share pics of my creations in the future...what category/forum do I post them under?

Thank you gals so much - I'm thrilled to pieces over how welcome you're all making me feel! Us Country folk gotta stick together, tho, huh? LOL

Nikki
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  5:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Nikki....love your stuff too...really cute and my taste for sure!!
You could place your stuff under the Farmgirl marketplace heading....please do!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  9:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Glad to have you Nikki! Looking forward to checking out your site. If you want creative ideas you have come to the right place. These girls are incredible! Simply,Julia

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Introducing myself! :) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page