Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 A tornado in Greenville, KY (Muhlenburg Co)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic A tornado in Greenville, KY (Muhlenburg Co) Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  8:34:01 PM  Show Profile
Hope none of the Kentucky farmgirls are near there...don't think so, but oh so sad. Don't know much about it, the news here only talks about Cincinnati stuff, but I'm thinking about them. STRANGE days are these!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  8:38:54 PM  Show Profile
I'm with ya Jonni....down here in northwest Mississippi at Memphis, Tennessee..I just posted pictures I took and put it into a slideshow of the tornado that I watched form this afternoon..there has been 5-6 touch down so far and it's going on all night...You stay safe! I'm sure I'll be awake most of the night.

Stephanie

"Idealists…foolish enough to throw caution to the winds…have advanced mankind and enriched the world." ~ emma goldman
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  8:41:13 PM  Show Profile
SPOOKY. I'm really thinking about you, Stephanie. So crazy this weather...We have warnings, and I understand it's moving our way, should be here by 2 am or so. Our German Shepherd is terrified of storms and she's lying by the door (which is rare) in a heavy pant. Obviously, she knows more than I do :(

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  9:52:51 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, my dog Lizzie is acting really nervous right now and is following me all over the house. She's really scared of storms, well I am too actually, and she can sense when the weather will be bad. She will be the first one down to the basement if the sirens go off and she always goes and gets under the same workdesk down there.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  10:19:19 PM  Show Profile
Rose has started pacing now, Lainey...they really are intune with nature. I'm hoping you guys are alright where you are....it's raining to beat the bands here, and we're expecting hail. The sirens finally stopped (for which I'm grateful...spooky)
Be safe, and follow your girl down to the basement! My mom has a "Lizzie" too :)

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  10:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh..what I'd give for a basement right now!!! Glad y'all are alright..hang in there and let me know how your night turns out. I'm thinking we are out of the woods now..there is alot of air traffic again and the rain that's moving out of Arkansas right now is not severe (yet)....not letting my guard down..just don't want to hear those sirens going off again.

Stephanie

"Idealists…foolish enough to throw caution to the winds…have advanced mankind and enriched the world." ~ emma goldman
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic A tornado in Greenville, KY (Muhlenburg Co) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page