Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 new story on the bunnystale............
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic new story on the bunnystale............ Next Topic
Page: of 16

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  6:05:55 PM  Show Profile
Your bunnies are so delightful, I have enjoyed reading this wonderful chronicles of bunny adventures. You are such a talented and sweet person. I am so sorry to hear of your health problems and obstreperous health care people are just what you don't need. I have health problems that maie me almost non functional sometimes, so I know how you feel, well I sympathize anyway. I hope you find some answers to your health issues, and that purple bunny is so sweet, what a lovely creature to look at when you are feeling down. I feel better looking at those bunnies, and I thank you for that!
Aren't the women on here amazing? I feel so lucky to have discovered this online community of strong, inspirational, creative and generous women...whoops I just tend to blather on and on. Take good care , I'll be sending good thoughts your way..

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  6:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
oh, janice it would be so great to make a trip to kentucky and actually meet all of you gals in person. and what a group you have there,, wilmas girls. each of you are so cute and fun, i can just feel the connection you have when i read your post to each other. it would really be a dream come true to take a trip there, well jonni would have to tell you that we would have to keep it a secret from george clooney, cause he is very sweet on me and if he knew i was in kentucky he would probably show up and ruin our girl time...or try to.
(i am pretty foolish about mr clooney, just ask jonni)
karin, it is good to know someone else blathers, my dh accuses me of this sometimes, and i try to act offended but i do blather, (just read some of my posts, and well i think storytellin and blatherin is a noble and lost art!....so blather here anytime.
thanks for all the sweet words about the bunnies, they are a labor of love and have about taken over the farm...and my heart. i am glad that other folks enjoy them as well.
i appreciate the girlfriends here so much, my part of the world is a little isolating at times, although most would say i impose that on myself, but really how many times can you go to walmart, and well, the farm is a wonderful place to me, and i love being here. but i KNOW that without you farmgirls, and my local galpals that i would be a lot lonelier.
you all are so eager to jump in and send hugs, thoughts and prayers and i for one do believe in the power of all three.
so a big bunny hug to all, and keep us here in your thoughts as we keep you in our thoughts and hearts.

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  9:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i have posted a new story on the bunny blog and hope you will take the time to read it. i think you might just recognize someone.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  9:58:26 PM  Show Profile
I absolutely loved the story Frannie!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  10:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thank you tina, you were one of my inspirations, cause you are a farmgirl who sees, hears and speaks from the heart.
thanks so much for the care you give to others in your life. you have really cheered me up this week.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  05:47:27 AM  Show Profile
YAY, Frannie!!! I love the updated bunnies tale blog, though I loved the other, too...anyway I get to read about their sweet antics, I'm there. You'll be keen on knowing this, I think for sure--mom went to a funeral of a friend's parent yesterday, in Augusta (home of Nick and Nina, former home of Georgie-boy) and Nick and Nina attended the service :) I know it's not George, but it's close, right? :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  06:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks for reading the blog on the bunnies, jonni, these stories are so funny to me, they dont come they dont come and then they are there.
and of course sometimes the blog, no matter which site it is doesnt want to cooperate.(ormaybe its my computer skills....nay)
any news about george or george related is good.
when i was at the blood bank the other day trying to give blood, they had an article about lake como in italy where george has two villas. it was a great article and had pics and everything. my dh had to tease me about reading about the villas, why doesnt he have a home in ireland, isnt he an irish boy? (ans., because he's george, can live whereever he wants, etc)
any way this area around lake como is beautiful and known as a fine silk area, so i'm wonderin, do you think they have any scrap silk i could get to craft with? do you think my dh would be suspicious if i went all the way to italy to get scrap silk? heheh
hope you are having a great day and thanks again for reading the new post on the bunnies.
YOU of course were a big inspiratin for my story about being a good friend. thank you so much jonni for your wonderful friendship.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  06:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Well, frannie, if George Clooney shows up, I don't think any of us would fight him off! LOL! He can join in any time! He's a cutie, for sure! Almost as 'cute as a bunny'. ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  07:11:41 AM  Show Profile
The stories are hysterial, and poignant, and loving and they make me sooo very happy. I'm so glad that you've felt a little better to pen one.

I figured you'd like the little story about George's kin...it brings him a little closer. Lake Cuomo is SOOO beautiful, isn't it? I mean, I've not been, but it's supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in Italy. I didn't know they were prominent silk manufacturers. That's pretty cool. So, I bet George has nice pj bottoms :) Now, if I were George, and I could live anywhere I wanted, I think I'd live there, or Provence. Both similar in climate and terrain. I mean, as opposed to L.A. or NYC. He's pretty private from what I understand, and not too many photo stalkers would make the effort to go to Italy. I sure wish I was off work when he was in Maysville...I would have LOVED to have gotten you some good photos. Darn this job!

You are very dear to me, Frannie, and I hope you know that. I'm flattered that I inspire you, and you should know that you inspire me, too...one day, I will have a bakery and I'll call it "Table Talk" which is what I picture when I think of you, Frannie, and your kitchen table...sitting with a cuppa and some sweets, talking the day away.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  08:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
it occurs to me jonni, that no matter what the topic, george is apropos and all roads ultimately lead back to him
or at least it seems that way to me.
today, i will venture out of the house, i have to take some pics of goats that may be going to live with one of our very own farmgirls, erin aka bluewren. she will officially be the first farmgirl that i will meet in person.
we are trading goats for bunnies, yes the farm will have some NEW bunnies, and i hope that the bonnebunnies will treat them nicely.
so i got out my camera last night to make sure the battery would co-operate and took a few shots of the farm . i was shocked to see in print that i would even consider leaving the farm,but dh and i have talkied bout it lately. although they are fuzzy here are 2 pics of my little sharecropper chic farm, and hope you can see thru the fuzzy photos and see why i love this place so much. it is such a really funky shelter, that i think most folks would have just scraped it off the earth and started over. but i love the old funny boards and the unfinished rustic look of the whole structure.

the bedroom turns into the guest room whenever any one comes for a visit. so when you come to visit, you and jus will have your own room.
that is until we get our guest houses finished, then you will have your own house to stay in, i will ask you to help advise me on the gardens.
have a good day, i am off on a tour of the farm, to remind myself what a lucky farmgirl i am.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  09:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
okay, i know this is just a blatant plea to read my newest story, but it is really a thank you offering to all who have been so kind to me in my most recent "woe is me" journey.
i hope everyone will recognize themselves in the tale as many here have become dear friends.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  1:15:52 PM  Show Profile
oh Frannie I am very flattered that you find me a bit of an inspiration I do you too and a lot of the other gals here as well..sometimes we do not see ourselves thus..and when you said that I was..well along with that sweet story I had a tear in my eye. yes I do try to speak from the heart and speak truthfully..that's just who I am and what I'm about.:0) I'm glad that I can be a cheer to you and others..that makes my heart happy.
I really hope that you are able to get some blood drawn soon or at least some kind of blood thinner meds that will work in conjunction with the other meds you have to take.
Used to dr.s would prescribe the baby aspirin those little pink baby chewables..remember those? I don't even know if they sell those anymore.
I wonder if the doc can just refer you over to the hospital lab for them to draw and dispose of the blood if it is not o.k. for donation ..or at least they could draw it and save it for you for later use if ever you needed it.
I'd think anyhow that he could refer you to the lab for them to do the work if the other place is being so stubborn about it.
what a bunch of rig-a-ma-roll huh? (that's the word we always used to use for a bunch of bunk,baloney,hooplah,and otherwise unnecessary headache...ha)
I really hope and pray it all gets sorted out real soon.
In the meantime..keep that chin up and keep laughing with those bunnies.:0)
love ya and a big hug to ya.

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  02:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi tina, it is about 4:00am and i guess i am up for the day.
yesterday, i took a nap at 5:00 and i guess i just never woke up.
anyway, found your post here.
i am already on aspirin, because of the heart attack, so i wish that would help, but the way i understand it my blood is too thick because i am making too many red blood cells.
sometimes they can figure out why, usually a bone cancer or a leukemia of some kind, or sometimes it is not a disease process at all, it is unknown. but the folks from my hometown that have this problem have it because we were all exposed to too much benzene. a chemical that is used in making plastics. among other things.
the town that i grew up in was the largest petrochemical complex at that time. i dont know if it still is, but in the 50s,60s, and 70s, it was. every chemical company that you can name was there, carbide, monsanto, dow, shell, to name just a few. at night the plants looked like a giant city all lit up. in addition to the plants we also had one of the few tin smelters in the country, and we were lucky enough to have been the site where most of the dioxin was made for the viet nam war. dioxin is used to make agent orange. well if that isnt enough, we were also the site for motco, the most dangerous toxic waste dump in texas, i think it is in the top 5 in the united states. even as children, we all knew that something was wrong in our town, we really hated living in a refinery town. the parents who worked at the plants, made really great money, but the smell in the community was bad, alot like rotten eggs(sulphur).
if your parent worked at the plant, most of the time your house would end up smelling like the plant, because it would get in your clothes, and honestly you could be next to someone in the store and know that they worked at the plant cause they would smell like the plant as well.
all of us knew that we could get sick from living there, but we were kids and had no control over where we lived. the adults were being told that there were no hazards, but really the petrochemical companies didnt keep records on those things, so the hazards to their workers were at best unknown.
i say all this because i heard today that about 75% of the country is now ready to turn drilling back to the oil companies because they are so discouraged with the high price of oil.
it really frightens me because i think that the petrochemical industry has proven that their main and maybe only motivation is greed. i dont think they can be relied on to protect people from their industry, and i for one dont think that is speculation i got to live with it every day for the first 20 years of my life.
i have absolutely no trust in them.
so, i dont know yet why my body is making too many red blood cells, that will be determined by the hematologist i guess when i go there.
i looked up this malady on the computer the other night. polycythemia vera, just a long word that means you make too many red blood cells.
there was a long list of reasons, including benzene exposure, which is what caused this in my mom. also heavy metal exposure. modern living through chemistry!
i thought it was interesting that the internet says it is a rare condition that occurs in 0.6-1.6 people /million. cause i could name about 6 folks i know from a town with a population of 12,000.
whether folks believe in global warming or not, i dont really care, what i do believe is that the verdict is already in the petrochemial industry proved to me a long time ago that they are not good stewards of the earth....and hiring a marketing firm to make a slick commercial to prove otherwise doesnt really fool or placate me one bit. the number of folks i know from my hometown who have illness with no known disease process, aka, toxic exposure is all i need to know.
sorry to be so negative in this post, and i probably am preaching to the choir here, but i just think we have to speak out sometime. people who dont have this in their face all the time, just pick up that plastic product and put it in their cart and never look back, and somewhere in this world right now i am sure their is a little child in a refinery town, breathing in benzene. and so it goes.
thanks for your hugs and thoughts, tina, and thanks for letting me vent.
on my bucket list one of my items is i want to live long enough to see us resolve this nasty business of energy and let all the petro folks retire.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Frannie-

I am so sorry you have been struggling. I wonder if drawing blood and then giving you plasma would help?

It's so scary the life changing effects that just the place that we live can cause Like you said- You were a kid and had no choice about where you lived. Do you think that living in such a toxic town makes you love the farm even more now?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  06:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
alee, yes, yes, and yes.
i dont know what the remedy will be yet, i guess the dr. will have to decide that.
how are things going in montana, i bet sweet nora is keeping you busy!
have ya had your visit yet with sherri?

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Frannie!

Things are going great in Montana! Lots of fresh air and gardening! Nora is doing great. She loves our neighbors. They are a really nice 40 something couple that are restarting their lives. Sherri will be here sometime in the next week or so! I am sooo excited!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
sounds wonderful, and i bet it isnt hot. please keep us posted on your visit with sherri and tell her hi for me.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It's hot, but probably not as hot as Texas! Luckily for the very worst days, we do have a little air conditioner, though I try not to run it most days. We also play outside in the water a lot and they have a lot of splash parks all over Billings.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  09:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, rant away...I agree..I have never liked towns that have the mills that spew smells/pollutants into the air, I have often wondered what that does to a person over time.I know exactly what you mean about a change in air quality too...we can leave the city and visit a friends land up the road about an hour drive where he owns 600 acres of wooded land..and oh my what a huge difference in air quality..a huge, huge difference.
Speaking of mill towns..up the road from us used to be a small mill town..with huge paper mill and so forth..they removed the paper mill in recent years, but there was a controversy about the land not being fit for homes to be built on due to all the chemicals leeched into the soil and what not.
The town had big plans to build homes and so forth on part of the land, and even some of the previous workers had homes next to the mill spoke out about some of the health issues and so forth.
Currently the land is just cleared off, nothing built there at all..I do not know what they will wind up doing with all the land there.
Anyhow....I sincerely hope that you get to feeling lots better.
hugs,
Tina

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  2:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi tina, very interesting about the paper mill site, and i think there are countless examples across the country that people have where companies have caused them to be sick.
very disturbing.
i had a sleep filled day again today. boy i hope i am getting my beauty rest.
i woke up at 4:20 and stayed up till about 12:00 and i just couldnt stay awake any longer. slept till 3:00.
on a more interesting bunny note. i saw this scene when i woke up and had to laugh.

it seems that jonni's little bunnies have started dining formally.
they love to eat and the really like a zucchini cake i made a couple of wees ago.
so they set up a table and chairs and have started setting their table with their china to eat. i think they are very formal and cute.
they tell me they are very fond of pie, and i have it on good authority that jonni is a pie maker supreme, and overall a great cook. i havent let them know that yet i think that will be a great surprise for them when they get to kentucky.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  2:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Just look at them! They ARE very formal bunnies...and I adore them! Are they not just the most dapper? I, too, love zuchini cake, so at least we'll have that in common as well. Glad to know they like pie, because that is here in this house in abundance! I know Justin will share with them :)

Mostly, Frannie, I'm thrilled that you slept your day away. You need it for sure. I have been worried about you (obviously)....

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  3:02:08 PM  Show Profile
Frannie that is the sweetest story, yes Jonnie could get lots of blue ribbons with her pies, now can you imagine just how chubby those little bunnies will be a year from now

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  4:28:00 PM  Show Profile
oh Frannie you are not the only one that slept in a bit today..hubby let me sleep quite late today. I had been up and down on the ladder painting our entry way and hall way half the day yesterday and just when I woke up this morning my sinuses were bothering me a bit and I was a bit off color..I felt pale too..and just wore out..so I went back to bed and hubby kept the kids quiet for a while..I needed it too today for some reason..guess we all have days like that every now and again.
and not to mention as you know it has been very hot out lately.
We aren't that far from Texas so a lot of what you all feel there..we do too here in North Florida.
------------
back to the bunnies...they are absolutely adorable! I love that they set up a little table for dinner. how precious. they shall be quite spoiled at Jonni's house.
....but then the little gal destined to come live here is going to have center stage in our dining room..she shall have an area to call her own up on our buffet...but somehow I only think that will be where she will sleep at night..as I get the feeling my little gal..of course she won't exactly be "owned" as more likely she'll own me...but anyhow..I think she is going to enjoy looking at the cottage garden and exploring all the things she can in her new Florida home.
She will have several other farm girl dollies to keep her company so she won't be all alone here.
And...since the dining room is rather close to the kitchen area..I think she'll enjoy helping me cook and bake from time to time too.
I must not let her help with the painting as much as I'm sure she is quite the little helper..she must not soil her pretty clothes.
...but I do wonder how she will behave when I tell her that on those certain things she just can't help with..as well... getting paint out of fur just is not much fun.
I truly think that she will absolutely adore flowers though and watching the birdies and so forth..and...me thinks that she won't be one bit shy about helping me with taking pictures either.
Somehow I think she just might be a bit of a shutterbug too...ha.
And I think she probably isn't afraid to have her picture taken either...ha
As you know I am rather excited for her to come live here.:0)

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  9:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks girls for checking in on the me and the bunnies. i think they are very cute when they are dining together. they are a sweet couple and will fit in well at jonnis house with her and jus.
by the way, i did receive your pics, jonni they are so beautiful, and i started working on them today before the great sleep set in. your girl bunny was so excited to see them, and she says that in her day she could cut a rug. i wonder if she is really a mind dancer like me or a real one like you.
miss wilma, thanks so much for checkin out the bunnies. i have had such a good time this week checking on you kentucky girls gatherin at your house, it seems like yall have such a good time.
tina, i will try and post some pics for you of your bunny.
next week i have to go into town to get some dental work done. my hubby has taken the whole week off to visit with his brother and then to take care of me since i am a little puny,i know he will take me into town to mail some bunnies off. we will have to have a big party for them when they leave.
i cant believe i could possibly be sleepy, but i think i am, and i think i may get to bed. i just hope i dont wake up at 4:00 again, although it is awfully peaceful and quiet out here at that time of the night. bye to all.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  5:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sweet Ladies, I am just joining up with the conversation. Gee, and here I'm thinking I am having a crazy summer and now I have to shut my mouth! Miss Frannie!! I didn't know about your illness, and I am sooo sorry! I am sending you big hugs, feel free to take it easy as you can!

I am also in love with the pics of Jonni's bunnies. I sense they are very formal little rascals :)

Hope all is going well for everyone

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Marketplace: Previous Topic new story on the bunnystale............ Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page