Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Western Mini Apron's in the mail!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Western Mini Apron's in the mail! Next Topic
Page: of 14

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  3:39:30 PM  Show Profile
mini aprons are in the mail.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  05:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
oh my God...what wild stories.....the crib with the sign! I guess we should be careful or a few of us could be wearing signs! LOL LOL

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  7:00:26 PM  Show Profile
What was the song in the 60's about "Don't ----- put beans in your ears beans in your ears.....that is all I can remember.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  06:57:05 AM  Show Profile
I don't recall the beans in your ears song Carol Sue.. Sing it for us...

Jeez.. thinking about having to wear a sign..
Can you just imagine what each of ours would be...
If someone else were to decided what it would read? Wow..I shudder to think of the possibilities.

Now.. THERE's an old song Carol Sue..
Signs.. Signs.. everwhere signs.. hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm.. who sang that..?

Oh.. I'm still pretty medicated & hopeed up on cold stuff in case you had any doubts..
This conversation probably cynched it for ya..
I think I actually slept solid for nearly 3 days.... rearly left the bed room..
Didn't even want to..
My husband said lets get you out of the house some.. So took me for dinner last nite..
(He had already call all the kids & told them to not come over for Sunday so no one would get sick.)I guess he figured getting me out & exposing total strangers to what I have was ok though.
So about half way to the restraunt he looks over at me for like the 10th time & finally says.. "Are you ok..? I hope this wasn't too soon.. You look awfully pale.."
I said "What are you trying to say? do I look that bad?"
He said "No..! You just look..... uh.. you just look.. sick.."
I said "I AM sick dummy.." As he pulls in to the parking lot..
He said well lets go in..
Like now were here.. can't turn back.. I'm not sure what he was thinking really..
So he came around to get me out of the truck.. I swear.. it was making me look so much worse then it was.. So we made it inside.. there was a bit of a wait.. & when we got seated..He says.. "i think you need some red meat".. So.. I ordered my steak..
He was too funny though.. Like getting me out was what I needed.. then actually having me out of the house was sort of freaking him out..!

I'll tell ya what though girls.. This was supposed to be just Bronchitis.. But it really did kick my butt.. I can't remember the last time i was so weak over something like this..
Still am.. I still can't do the simplest of things with out loosing my breath & having to rest a bit .. making the bed.. doing a laundry switch.. everything wears me out..
AND I'm still coughing.. & YES I DID finish all of My Antibiotics Thank You Very Much!
I still haven't gone back to work yet either.. Now I've been out long enough that I'll have to have a Dr.s note to go back.. So.. I'm calling my Dr. this morning.. I think I need to go back to see him again anyway..

So.. I'll keep ya posted..
Hey.. These Couple of packages of Western Mini's I have here are awfully lonely..

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  08:20:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm a sickie chickie but I'll have them to you as soon as I can...

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  08:25:55 AM  Show Profile
yes me too

i thought i was sick for one day and bounced back but instead i have this dulll ache everywhere and a headache, and sore throat and a fever adn it keeps coming and going..ugh..now i have kids home sick too

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yuk! sure hope you feel better soon, Jess, and others who are sick.

I've had the chest and throat stuff for a couple weeks now...sweats and chills, etc. I just want to go back to bed.
I think this is going around all over the country.

by the way, Kathie...I put my minis in the mail today! Priority..so they shouldn't be too late. Tell me what ya think! Each of these little apron swaps get more fun than the last.....today I bought some little "things" to put on the garden spring ones... :-D big smile!

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  12:38:44 PM  Show Profile
Mine are getting sent today( did I post this already..dunno)

sorry everyone has been sick! I've been lucky enough to escape that junk this year(knock on wood) and so I've decided...I'll Lysol all the minis off when they come in.....rofl...j/k

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  12:42:47 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking the same thing Naomi! LOL Get out the Lysol.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  2:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh crap.. never thought about that!
Here we're probably just swapping out more then Mini's.. Probably sending lovely little germs back & forth too! Great! Well.. I'll make sure I breath all over each one for ya!

MAIL CALL~!!!~

Two Packages came in the mail today!!

1st one was from our Dear Linda (Arose!)
UGH!!!!! She does the funnest things with Flannel.. & yes.. As crappy as I'm felling right now Girls.. i'm going to have to take a nap with all of these little sweeties strown all over my pillow! Soft & fluffy little Flannel Mini's! But Rootin' Tootin' Western Themed of Course!
Great job as Usual Girl!

AND the other Package is from our BRAND New Mini Apronista!! Karin (Electricdunce)!!!
All I can say is.. QUILTS!! I LOVE QUILTS KARiN!! AND Mini Apron QUILTS!!!
Oh MY!! Are these the cutest little things!!! You Girls are going to just have a fit over these!!! SO pretty!! Unbelievable work Woman!! I'm SO glad you decided to join in!!

ok.. I'm back from the Dr.s.. & I have to say.. I am NOT happy with Fred at the moment..
& Bev.. I DON'T want to hear it..
He sent me for a chest Ex-Ray.. results to come tomorrow..
Yes.. of course..
Couldn't JUST be a simple cold.. or JUST Bronchitis could it??
No.. He had to threaten me with Pneumonia too.. So.. we'll see..
I'll let ya know when I hear anything.. But I'm sure Fred's full of crap of course.. He just wants to be the voice of doom.. Still no work for me now though.... I told him he needs to start paying ME to come to see HIM then!

Edited by - Kathie on Mar 03 2008 2:29:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  2:29:32 PM  Show Profile
oh well kathie the docs usually are...(sorry Bev). good luck on the pneumonia thing. i am so sick i am about to crawl into a cave and just have some one wake me in the summer.

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  2:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Poor Pumpkin.. You have been doing too much.. & now with all this & driving to be with your Dad.. loosing all that sleep.. you've exhausted yourself out now.. You were bound to get sick.. you better be careful yours doesn't turn into something worse baby..

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  3:00:34 PM  Show Profile
ha!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  4:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey Miss Jess,
Serious girls, take care of yourselfs because this cold crazy crappy cold stuff is turning into pnuemonia and it is quick. Hubby was in hospital overnight and it is a slow slow process getting better. All you that are sick, really really take care of yourselfs.

Yes Miss Jess and Kathie that means both of you.

I have to caught dh's junk and do not plan on it. I will be at the hospital from 8pm tonight until that sweet baby boy is born. She will be induced then. All prayers and good wishes gratefully accepted.

Speaking of taking care of oneself, I gotta go grab a nap.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  4:14:06 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, I'm glad to hear that you think my aprons are okay. And sorry to hear you are feeling so lousy. Perhaps spreading the germs will help. My daughter was just geting over the flu and decided to go visit friends for the weekend. She feels much better today. I'm sure being with her friends helped, but it's always good to get out in the air and let those cooties blow away.
When I went to pick up my daughter today I went to Jo Ann's but i couldn't find any fabulous embellishments for spring mini aprons. When is the sign up ( Yes, I am already addicted to this) ? and what exactly are the things we should be thinking about, anything related to spring ok? I have some ideas rolling around my few remaining brain cells. I have got to finish my spring blocks first. Only six to go, What fun.
I don't know if you use any homeopathic remedies, but I have found that kali bichromicum is a big help with sinus and bronchitis related problems. My son has asthma, he had pnumonia five times before he was sixteen, but oncve he started using the remedy, he hasn't had very many problems. Just a thought. Feel better! Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  06:05:16 AM  Show Profile
I mailed mine off yesterday.

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  07:41:16 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I called my doc and it took a half an hour not to get a busy signal. They said she couldn't see me (hey, she's on chemo, makes sense to me) and referred me to someone else. On my way to the doc this morning they said THAT doc called in sick. So had to go to a third doc. crazy stuff :-)

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  07:43:14 AM  Show Profile
ugh

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  07:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh My Gosh ! Carol Sue!!
I can't wait for this Baby to get here!!!

Let us know when she's had him please!!! I feel like I'M Sitting on pins & needles here!
Hugs & Love to Teresa please!!

Karin Yours are SO cute i Just love them!!!
The girls all will too.. Clare is a really great quilter too.. well.. actualy quite a few of the girls are.. Carol Sue.. Sheryl-Lyn.. Jess... Grace.. I can't remember who else quilts alot.. But there are alot right here in the Mini Apron's that do.. But Yours really remind me of Clare's work.. You'll just love Clare.. She's been M.I.A. for awhile.. well.. not really missing.. we all knew where she went to.. she's had a nice long lovley vacation to stay with her Family In Florida.. So you'll meet her when she comes back.. She's SUCH a Sweetie!!! & She is a Quilting girl for sure!

Oh.. & as far as the Spring Blocks.. No.. i haven't started a Thread yet.. But anything you want to do with them is entirely up to you! Spring/Garden.. anything that you create with be great!

How ya feeling today Jessie Poo?
Any better?

I actually feel a little better.. I can walk from one end of the house to the other with out having to sit down to rest.. So i think I am going to sneak into the sewing room!!! tee hee!!

( I just have to make sure I'm back in bed by lunch time in case hubby decides to come home & check on me! Party Pooper.. always trying to rain on my parade..)

Ok.. hang in there Girls..

NO one else get sick please!!

Edited by - Kathie on Mar 04 2008 07:47:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  08:20:15 AM  Show Profile
oh jeez..yeah a little better..i am functioning today. I got up, made my bed, got dressed in more than a sweat suit. I have done 2 loads of dishes, and one load of laundry, swept one room, made breakfast, cleaned up from breakfast and now i am getting ready to start lunch. So I guess that is okay. Only one kid home from school sick today! Now I have to start packing for spring break..we are going to Atlanta..bet you could not guess that. So my felt pins, and spring blocks will come with me and I will be on the look out fopr spring embellishmennts. oh and I noticed that my lily of the valley, daffodils, hyacinths, lilys, and crocuses are all pushing up throughthe leaves.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  09:48:44 AM  Show Profile
so i watch my 3 yr old nephew everyday all day...he is a very odd little child. He cannot seem to do anything right. I think he has some sensory disorder but his mother, my sister cannot even go there. So I get to sit here everyday in some sort of fun hell. Ha! NOt really fun. He does not play with my kids, nor do they play with him. And it is not like they dont include him, he just chooses to be alone and cannot even realize others are around hiim. Anyhow today we are having a nice little lunch of pork chops, applesauce, mashed potatoes, and peas...guess who fills their nose up with peas...yep you guessed it. And he does not know how to blow so i cannot even get him to blow it out. And no a bulb syringe did not work. I can see green up in there, but i cannot get to it. If it were one of my kids, I would maybe consider tweezers..but this kid is so unpredictable...jeez...why would you do this?

Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  11:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like he may need an evaluation. sooner the better. Waiting just makes it harder for the kid to really be helped.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  11:44:27 AM  Show Profile
i know!!!! drives me crazy... she insists that he is normal..even when she cannot run the washer and dryer when he is home. they actually have to leave or he goes crazy. I finally got her to address some of his issues..baby steps I suppose.

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  1:59:30 PM  Show Profile
Wow.. As if you don't have enough going on Jess.. you WILLINGLY take on yet ANOTHER one!
You are a trip woman..

Can you try to swab it out?
( I know Deb.. try not to think about it..)
But maybe you can reach in there a bit with a Q-tip & get some of that gook out..?

Hhmmmm..well at least the pea I stuck in my nose was raw & came out in one solid piece I guess..

ok.. The Dr. called.. My Ex-Ray came back clear.. So all i have is just a bad case of Bronchitis! So i'm going to try to go back to work on Thursday!

Yes.. you can only imagine how thrilled I am.. Can't you? yeah.. I'm THAT Thrilled..!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  2:02:36 PM  Show Profile
good luck going back to work. okay got one pea out others are up too high to use tweezers..so we are gonna do your favorite thing....irrigate with saline! YAY!!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Western Mini Apron's in the mail! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page