Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Western Mini Apron's in the mail!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Western Mini Apron's in the mail! Next Topic
Page: of 14

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  12:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Great Idea Bonne.. Your Labels ALWAYS send my Post Office people into a tizzy.. coures is really doesn't take much at all there ya know!!!!!

ANYWAY!!

yes Karin.. your in then Girl.. I'd make 20.. can't imagine we'll have any more late sign ups.. but at least you'll be more then ready!!
The theme THIS time IS WESTERN Sweet Linda..
Next one will be Spring/garden themed.. i know.. I have a hard time keeping up too!!!!!!

so.. the deadline to get the Western ones into me i think was the 1st week of March.. the 4th i think.. Something like that anyway..!!
The spring one hasn't been set yet.. We'll get further into the Western one before I get more Confused!! THEN I'll post a New Thread!!
Whew !

You Girls Are amazing!!!

ok.. off to the Post Office for me..
I'm actually off work today.. i opted out of my OT today.. But am stuck doing it till 9pm a couple days this week.. ( 'Required' Mandatory OT!! ) nice isn't it??

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 25 2008 12:49:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  6:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for yr tips on the mini aprons. I made ten of them this evening! Well i haven't got the ties on yet, but I'm going to hop right on it tonight. I might even get these in by the deadline, what fun!! Karin
Go to Top of Page

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  7:24:55 PM  Show Profile
Yikes... haven't even started mine yet. I do have all my stuff though. Hopefully this weekend I can get started. Can't wait to see what everyone is creatin'
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  06:37:23 AM  Show Profile
cheryl yours are always perfect

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  08:29:34 AM  Show Profile
Well, well. I cranked out ten more mini aprons this morning, still haven't got all the ties on, but I had to change my plan. I had a piece of cowboy fabric I'd gotten very recently and I figured that would be just the ticket, but then it is only a fat quarter and the print is too big (Only a couple of people would have gotten the horse's ass, I didn't want to disappoint anyone) so I'm doing patchwork ones with a Western theme. I think it is a western theme, we shall see.It always amazes me what results I get. I measure everything very carefully, slice as best I can, but things come out a bit haywire none the less. This must be why my heart belongs to scrap quilts, they are very forgiving. Right, well enough of this blather, back to the grindstone, Karin
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  10:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Karin,
I can't wait to see it!

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  2:17:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh Karin!! Sounds REALLY pretty!!

Never know quite what to expect from a brand new Girl!!
Seems as if some of them turn out to be some of the Masterpieces!!

However they are.. they are ALL originals..! & ALL treasured!!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  5:07:53 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
only a few would have gotten the Horses a-double-s s.... haha! tooo funny!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 26 2008 5:10:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  9:05:46 PM  Show Profile
I made a few extras just in case it went over 20 , using a different fabric from the rest~a corduroy embroidered with horsies, and a couple show just the horse's arse! Doesn't look like I'll be sending them out though~LOL

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  08:05:12 AM  Show Profile
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  08:22:32 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Top ten excuses for not mailing my aprons in yet:

1. My sidewalk is too icy...
2. my sidewalk is VERY long
3. Weatherman is warning about dangerous road conditions
4. I have bronchitis and don't feel well
5. School delayed or cancelled because of weather
6. I've put it off for so long that time got away from me
7. (the best one) I have had them hanging up for so long I think they "belong" there
----yet I owe ya 3 more----
! how's that, Kathie??

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  08:37:33 AM  Show Profile
ha ha!

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  09:12:34 AM  Show Profile
the time it took to type up those excuses, you could have had a couple more aprons sewn!!
LOL!! Start on those Spring minis!

Yippeee!! Mine arrived in FL today!

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP

Edited by - Bonne on Feb 27 2008 7:34:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  12:21:40 AM  Show Profile
Stop giving me a heart attack, I had it written down they weren't due to you till March 14th, yes went back and read
MARCH 14th in black and white!!!!!!!!
Hey we are on baby watch here, dd hubby got a new job pays better but he is out of town most nights, guess who that leaves, yep that would be me, dh in hospital overnight has pneumonia, come on this girl needs a break dang it. Yes, I have all my supplies, no I haven't cut them out yet, yes I will but I neeeeeeedddddddd some sleep.
Yes, I am on my way to bed........night....zzzzzzzz.......

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  06:40:21 AM  Show Profile
YEAH!!!!! Bonne's Have arrived!!!

Giddyup Girls!! You just aren't going to BELIEVE how awesome these are!!
Bonne has done THE most clever little things to hers too!!!
Her waste bands & Apron strinds.. Wheeew Whhooo..!
& Bonne! did you KNOW that I Love Coopper? I Do..! My Kitchen is filled with it..
It's like yet ANOTHER mental illness i have!!
Truly.. & have all of these goofy Fish/Jello molds hanging EVERYWHERE in my Kitchen.. & seem to collect ANYTHING copper.. it's rediculous..! TOO FUNNY!!
Now that I've given away some hints.. enough to make everyones Mouth water a bit..
Yes..! Bonnes are Too Adorable..
&listen... She has ALREADY mailed in her Spring ones too!! Oh ME.. Oh MY!!
Yet ANOTHER Over Acheiver!! They are precious too.. but I'll have to wait to 'officially' make a fuss over them!

Listen to this.. di you all hear about us loosing Powere here in Florida Tuesday?
Yeah.. werid huh..? Well My office went to automatic generator back up..
( Of course.. of God Forbid anything should happen & they should have to send someone home!)
Anyway.. we were on limited powere so the air wasn't doing quite what it should be..There for just not circulating.. & I'm in a Huge office..
Now I had come to work Tuesday not feeling so hot anyway.. Just coughing a bit.. moreso as if i felt like i had to continually clear my throat.. But when we lost power.. forget it.. I juist wasn't breathing.. had to use someone elses inhaler.. yes.. how gross was that.. cough drops.. everything.. I stayed at work from 9am to 5:30.. (Was supposed to be there till 9pm)
overtime.. but I just couldn't! I felt so awful.. and as the day went on.. it was just getting worse! So.. I called out sick yesterday.. went to my Dr. & he started to give me all kinds of grief about procrastinating coming in.. & why did I wait so long .. Asked me if I was trying to get pnuemonia..? !! Jerk.. I said you can stop giving me crap right now FRED this just started YESTERDAY!.. he said REALLY?? i said yes..! he said well you have Bronchitis now!
So.. home from work Yesterday AND today!!
& feel like complete crud.. Agrevated that I can't be home & enjoy myself..!
Snuck in here to do this now!!!

I can't believe how much you can sleep when your sick though! What a waist of time!!!
I Hate it!!

ok.. you all behave yourselves..
Talk to ya soon..

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 28 2008 06:41:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  07:33:10 AM  Show Profile
Ok.. funny story,, I have a crazy Sister.. ok.. well I call her crazy.. & yes.. being my sister.. it's safe to say that she HAS to be insane .. right?
Anyway.. ding bat is the biggest Hypocondrich that I think I've ever seen.. what's bad is.. that she ususally DOES have some huge things going on too.. so it's hard to tell if she's sick.. or just really crazy..

Anyway.. she's always had ear problems.. you know ear aches.. So.. yet again.. had one last week.. went to her Dr... he was checking her ears.. & told her there was something in there..
Flushed her ear a couple time.. & out came a BEAD!! a FREAKING bead!!
I mean She is a Grown Woman!! WHO DOES THIS??
Of Course she had no Idea How this got in there!
So I was telling My Dr. about this & then he was telling me a story about his own daughter that kept telling him that she keeps hearing a noise everytime she moves her head...
He looked but couldn't find anything..So he took her to an ear nose & throat Dr. Friend of his.. He looked, & then used a long tweezer & ended up pulling out a teeny little eye from a Doll!!
You know the kind that has the little black eye thing that rattles around in it?
THAT was what she was hearing moving around...!

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 28 2008 07:36:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  07:36:16 AM  Show Profile
how freakin weird..okay off to battle the chihuahua's!

Go to Top of Page

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile
Ha Ha Ha .. Kathy, I just love your stories. All of them!! You are hilarious. These stories make me think about all those stories you hear about stuff being up peoples noses. Ewww. I sure hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Ok... I will fess up. When I was about 8 my best friend Michelle and I were playing. I was the patient and she was the doctor. She had one of those Fisher Price doctor bags and of course we added some of our authentic pieces.. band-aids and q-tips. Well anyway, I really got very sick. Kept getting dizzy and headaches and stuff. Well I had to go to the dr... one thing leads to another... I'm now in the hospital... all kinds of tests going on. Brain scans (wires stuck to your head.& spinal tap) We didn't have the scans that we have today. Well next thing you know the drs are telling my mom that I have spinal menengitis..yeah the kind you die from. Everyone that visits me has to be gowned up and stuff so they don't catch it. Finally I don't know how they found it, but the dr found out that I had a piece of cotton jammed in my ear and it caused an absess on my brain. He had to pull it out. It came from my friend and I playing dr and patient and she stuck the q-tip in my ear and the cotton fell off. I ended up being in the hospital for a month. To this day I am scared of q-tips... don't even go near them in the grocery. Never used on on any of my 3 kids. I am totally fine except for my fear of things with cotton on the ends of them. Weird story .. but true. Ok, that is enough of me. Just thought I would share a weird story too. Not as talented as Kathie though.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  11:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, cotton from the q-tip, yikes Cheryl. I love my stories Kathie.
Does this mean I get a good nights sleep cause I read my bedtime story!!!!!
Girl you take good care of yourself, seriously, what I call the creeping crude
does exactly what it did to you and can into pneumonia within 2 days of the starting cough.
Hey sleep and get better sweetie....thinking of ya...
CS

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  08:43:17 AM  Show Profile
I have finished my twenty aprons and was going to post them today, when I get Kathie;s address, because we're expecting a huge snowstorm tonight. I read over all the posts again and now I'm worried mine will be a bit deadbeat , all the embellishments, etc. sound great. Well I guess I'll just have to wait until I get some back and maybe when I do the spring ones I'll be inspired to really gussy them up. ;My daughter still has the flu , I cracked a couple ribs last week and then two days ago I broke a toe, we are just falling apart around here. But I can still sew! Karin
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  08:45:35 AM  Show Profile
yay you can still sew. i will email you kathies address.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  08:47:16 AM  Show Profile
ok sent..let me know if you get it.

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  11:08:33 AM  Show Profile
OH.. NO!! Karin!

Jess.. I think Karin & I are twins seperated at Birth or something!

She may be just as clumsy as I am!!
Karin STOP what your doing right now & SIT the heck down Woman!!
Jeeezz! i thought I was the only one that fell & did crazy things here this much to hurt themselves! STOP it! OMG.. SIT yourself down!
Ribs & now a Broken toe?
Man o Man..

& CHERYL!! Honey.. your right up there Sweetie with um.. self infliction I would say..
Never occured to you of course to mention to anyone that maybe playing Dr. had anything to do with what was going on NOW of course!..
Dang it Girl! EEEEWWWW!! Can you imagine? EEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Gross!
the only thing that would have been worse would be if it had been in your NOSE!! EEEWWWWWW!!
yeah.. i had to go there! But!! YEAH! can you imagine?? the SMELL!

i stuck a raw Pea in my nose once when I was about 6 & we couldn't get it out..
That was pretty dramatic! Finaly one of my Aunts with these long talons for finger nails got it out.. Can you just imagine me screaming? yeah.. i was not too thrilled with the attention I was getting over that one!

I knew A kid that had stuck a Lima bean in his ear once & his Mom didn't know about it of course.. but she started to notice this really rancid smell about him.. & I guess he started to have an ear ache about the same time too.. so she took him to the Dr.. When he found it.. & pulled it out.. It had started to Sprout! HOW DANG DISGUSTING IS THAT!!!
I wish i could say the kids name was Jack.. but it wasn't.. it was Michael..!

Wow.. mini Aprons to Vile things stuck in body orifices..

Well i wish i could tell you the story about this girl that went to High School with my daughter that was Nick Named Oscar Meyer that wound up in the ER.. But I can't.. cuz My story would just be all edited anyway....

Too bad though.. it was a pretty funny story actually....

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 29 2008 11:11:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  11:09:39 AM  Show Profile
brassiere! i mean bizarre! *L*

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  3:02:59 PM  Show Profile
I've been "computer-less" for about 4 days, and I'm so behind!!!! My minis can't go out in the mail until Monday, so they'll be slightly late (but much earlier than the first deadline.......you'all pulled the old bait and switch on me!!), and I'm gonna run back to the sewing machine, but I had to add my two cents to the "sticking things in ears and noses" discussion. When my brother was little had to be hospitalized for a hernia (he was about 1-2 years old), and he had a habit of ripping up little pieces of paper and stuffing them up his nose. My mom mentioned it to the nurse so she could watch for it, and the next thing she knew they had him in a crib with a cover, and a big sign on the front that said "NO PAPER-HE STICKS THINGS UP HIS NOSE". So things could be worse; at least they're not making you wear a sign......
Audrina
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Western Mini Apron's in the mail! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page