njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  6:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Too funny. Thank goodness my MIL doesn't do such a thing. My MIL is great.

I did have an incident once at work few years back. I walked to the ladies room and one of my coworker was undressing & she say don't be shy it is all natural. My mouth was wide open & I dash back out and went back to my office and I told my other coworkers. I think I just went blind & told them the incident. I told them I am going to wear a pair of shades next time she is in there. She came back and my other coworkers ask & told her of what happened. We all started to laugh to this day.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  7:47:00 PM  Show Profile
Ugh! What is with the older generation?! My mother did that too. How come they're running around without underwear?? Seriously. I don't get it.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  08:22:52 AM  Show Profile
Maybe a lot of wanna be or were flower children????? I would try the robe and make sure to get her name or initials embroidered on it. "Look a lovely gift for you." Gotta tell you I live alone and stumble from bed to bathroom sometimes a couple of times a night. But, in another person's home I wear a robe. Cannot stand to sleep with a night gown at home, I toss and turn a lot and they wind around me like restraints. In another person's home you bet I wear a nightie. I would not dream of doing that their home.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  12:01:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh my Mother was doing the same thing and probally still is. The last time she was in the hospital she was walking all over the place naked. When her sisters came to visit her they kept telling her to cover her self up. I told them I did not know why she kept doing this. That for some reason she did not care who saw her Taco any more. I thought it was disgusting because I felt like she was doing it for attention. My mother was always very modest so it surprised me. I hope I don't do these things when I get old. I'm going to tell my boys if I start walking around in front of yall naked when I get old just shoot me and get it over with!! LOL. She sits in her recliner all day long like that and her recliner is stained and stinks from it. We bought her a new recliner and she refuses to sit in it. Disgusting I say. Neither one of my grandmothers ever did that!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  4:17:38 PM  Show Profile
I only walk around at night to the bathroom that way. ;>)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  5:16:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh this is hilarious! My grandma used to walk from her bathroom to her bedroom (which were right next door to each other) with her underwear & bra on, but I don't ever recall her walking around naked! That's just wrong! I mean, fine if you're living in a nudist colony or something, but there are clothes for a reason! lol I don't want to see everyone - there are things that are just meant for your & your spouse's eyes only! And I don't think it's appropriate to do so in another person's house especially! The only ones who should run around naked are babies! lol But that's just my opinion :p. How did it turn out with your mil Trish?

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  8:02:07 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dorinda

That for some reason she did not care who saw her Taco any more.
Dorinda

Woman! You have me laughing like a hyena in tears! You're too much!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  05:52:48 AM  Show Profile
She wants us to visit her house. We can't take time off, so I'm sure she'll be here by Christmas.
I think I should have guests ALL of the time when she is here. The bathrobe is a beautiful idea.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  10:08:05 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone you know have an RV or camper they could loan you? (one that has curtains of course) Then you say the opportunity came up to borrow the camper and you jumped because you know how hard it is to be a guest in someone else's house for more than a couple of days. Just a thought

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  3:18:51 PM  Show Profile
This whole thread is hilarious - I almost laughed till I cried. Dorinda, I am with you - I want my kids to shoot me if I ever get to the point I don't care who sees me "taco" anymore! LOL! Thank goodness my MIL has never done this - I think the sight of that would burn my retinas to bits.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  6:32:20 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to hear how this story turns out!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  12:20:18 PM  Show Profile
I almost choked when I saw that you had bumped this thread again, Trish! Oh God!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Horrible MIL Problem Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page