Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic
Page: of 11

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  05:44:43 AM  Show Profile
This is going to be a good swap. I need a break from teeny, tiny minis, too. Plus, who can't help but smile during midwinter blahs and make lovely spring flower blocks. It just cheers you up.

Carrie, NEGATIVE 33. Brrrrr. Yucky in my mind. I am having enough trouble with regular 30 degrees!

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  08:49:39 AM  Show Profile
It is yukky but it has warmed up a whole 4 degrees.. I am staying in except school run.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  09:14:35 AM  Show Profile
The famous Kathy of ktknits is joining us for this swap, too. Let's give her a cheer as she works with her arthritis. I know it sucks to have things keep back the desire to do and finish, so let's keep her boosted with our spirit.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  09:21:25 AM  Show Profile
whhooo hooo kathy!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  09:27:29 AM  Show Profile
Carrie, four degerees warmer must not seem like it at all when it's that low! Yuck! 26 and black ice on roads today. Hopefully, the rain has stopepd now so the buses can get home safely. We had lunch at the school with jake today, and I was glad hubby was driving.

I am hoping the sunshine in Florida will help me see those spring colors better and feel the mood for making them.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  6:09:57 PM  Show Profile
YAYAYAY Kathy (KTknits!!) We are here to cheer you on! Thanks for putting this swap together Clare. Ok, so I will think about finishing my minis this week.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  6:16:56 PM  Show Profile
my flowers squares and my spring minis are going to match! ha! ha!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  05:24:00 AM  Show Profile
Well, I will be away from the computer and only checking once or twice a week from the library on the island. Something is up with my mom's computer, and I will have to do duty when their supplier comes to check the cable. Behave, ladies, and have fun looking for fabric.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  09:02:45 AM  Show Profile
oh you know us clare...we always behave! he he!!
Go to Top of Page

Lovin Life
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Lisa
New Hampshire
103 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  6:51:22 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to join this one if it's not too late.

We must all be getting really tired of winter I guess. I just went to JoAnn's fabrics the other day to buy a new quilt book (getting tired of my old ones) and some SPRING material, something bright and cheerful! So sign me up for this one too. I have been having a hard time figuring out which pattern to do my quilt in, sitting at my table for hours trying to match fabrics with patterns and coming up empty! I guess this is my answer, funny how things work out sometimes :)

I'd rather live my life with a "full plate" than an empty one. Life is not a rehearsal... eat up!
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  7:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Is there room for me with this one? I'd like to join if there is. What a nice way to keep focused on the coming of Spring. Wish they could be swapped in person so we could see what everyone comes up with.
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  8:08:28 PM  Show Profile
No worries we will make sure you are added. So that will make 9 still room fo more.

Lisa I am sure you will come up with something springy.

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Jan 30 2008 8:12:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  05:19:04 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to join in on this one, just not sure if I have enough time to do this on top of everything else I'm in the middle of right now... I'll have to give this some thought today and make a decision!
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  8:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
My name hasn't hit the list yet but wondered if I could get some clarification. Are we supposed to use white as the background or just make sure there is white on the blocks? Should the blocks all be the same or not necessarily and finally, if there are 9 participants, we make 9 squares, right? I don't want to be a 'dork' and only make one!lol Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  8:06:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi there Candace. Clare is on vacation right now, so as soon as she gets online she will add you to the list. There are 15 spaces, so make 15 blocks. They can all be the same, or they can be different, whatever you want. More than likely the spaces will all fill up over the next week or so, they usually do. We usually try to agree on white vs offwhite..as in the unbleached muslin...so you can have white as a background, or in the block, just something to go by. If you have no white at all, you are still fine, just often times someone will incorporate muslin into their squares, so we like to agree on a white vs. off white. Cool? If you have any more questions, we are all happy to help you out. So glad you could join us!

Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  8:55:50 PM  Show Profile
I am new to quilting but I can definitely applique a flower on a square and handstitch around it.. My machines are broke. I would love to join..

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  4:23:36 PM  Show Profile
okay who else is going to join clare's swap here?

sunshine..how about you?

who is missing?

Go to Top of Page

wannabecountrybumpkin
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Christy
Bristow Virginia
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  4:59:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm a newbie when it comes to quilting so please forgive the stupid question. The 8 1/2" square needs to be white fabric right? And then you would do the embroidery, applique, pieced or embellished on that square?

I would like to participate if you have room for one more!

Christy
Farmgirl Sister #139

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. ~Hoosier Farmer

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  5:07:01 PM  Show Profile
yes 8 1/2" is the size so that when it gets sewn into a top the block is then 8", it can be any kind of quilt square you want it to be, pieced, embroidered appliqued, etc...

Clare will update the list when she gets on the comp, she is on vacation right now!

Go to Top of Page

wannabecountrybumpkin
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Christy
Bristow Virginia
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  5:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info :)

Christy
Farmgirl Sister #139

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. ~Hoosier Farmer

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  5:46:00 PM  Show Profile
no problem, just ask if you need more!

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  07:31:54 AM  Show Profile

Hi, ladies. I apologize for taking so long to get on the computer at my mom's. It's been tough to take time out from the beach and pool. LOL I wish each of you a week in sunny Florida, right on the beach, no less. It has been fantastic, and I have really relaxed without hubby and kids. They come in two more days.

Anyway, it's great to have so many new ladies wishing to join this swap. You can applique or embellish a white square or any color square that is spring in color and sense. The white is just if you want to use it in your block. It's up to you. Feel free to applique or embroider on pink, yellow or blue or purple, whatever works for you. White is the accent color is you are choosing one to go with the other ones you have instead of off-white muslin.

I will update the list as soon as I finish this email. Not sure if createmyworld/beth is still wanting to join. Please let me know.

As for number, I am thinking we will reach 12 or 15. Please plan to make as many squares as ladies on the list. They can be the same or different. It is up to you. I have four different embroidery patterns picked out for mine and one pieced block if I can find the directions again. LOL

You do not quilt these blocks right now. They are just the blocks. You quilt them after they are made into a top. I can't remember which lady asked about stitching around the applique. Just the applique stitched on is enough.

Ok, hope to be a little better with checking in. So good to see all the new names and looking forward to seeing all the different work on the blocks.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  07:37:11 AM  Show Profile

Once the names are all in, I would appreciate and email from each of you with your contact information in case of a problem later on. I just need email address and mailing address. Thank you. It makes it easy to keep track of any late blocks coming in and double checks my mailing back info for you.

I will also then email you with my mailing address and email address so you can send me your blocks. I will swap them out and repackage and mail them off to you. Each of you will receive a block from each of the participants. Then, you will have a sampler type to put together in your own quilt top. Seeing all the finished tops is really fun. Feel free to post pictures once you have them put together.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you are relaxing and enjoying yourself!

Got my mail and it did make me smile you are just to sweet.

Have a wonderful time!

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Feb 06 2008 2:42:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  09:29:43 AM  Show Profile
YAY!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Spring Flowers Quilt Block Swap-Pictures to share Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page