Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 what 'STYLE' .. makes your heart go ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic what 'STYLE' .. makes your heart go ... Next Topic
Page: of 3

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  2:36:56 PM  Show Profile
I love the early american stlye as my Mom used to call it. I would be in heaven if I could own a big house with a huge old fashioned fireplace, you know with all pots hanging from the hooks. All the wood panels around it. I like redware and other pottery and have a nice collection. I like the looks of the old funriture but am totally satisfied with the reproductions. I don't really care for the peeling paint and beat up look. I am more Ethan Allen repros,or beautifully made homemade furniture.My husband made me a wonderful pie safe and did the tin punching too, also he made me a beautiful secretary desk. I know I am awful, but I just can't get into the beat up tables and chairs. Primitive lovers please forgive me!! I love dry sinks and hutches,I love country check curtains and quilts. You get the idea!! I have to admit I do have a real love of some victorian also. Not the furniture. But, I love the dishes and beautiful linens.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  3:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
I love the country look, used to love the dark primitive look but it's way to much and dark for our new house, My bedroom is a mix of country and English Countryside Flowers/Horses! I am in love with my bedroom

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/heathersstitches -SHOP
http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  4:13:28 PM  Show Profile
I love a bit of Victorian, country farm, shabby chic.
We are currently waiting for our loan to go through on our farm/ house country retirement home
I will have the kitchen/dinning room done probably in country, farm decor.
I will have the master bedroom and bath for me alone
I will do those in girly themes
I love purples ,pinks , and perwinkles.
I plan on doing my master bath in pinks, lavenders and things like that
I ordered a oval mirror that has the prettiest pink roses half way around it.
I saw another place were I can order a mirror stand and the hand held mirror in the same shades as my wall mirror.
I am going to put a old fashioned dressing table in there
I want to make a skirt for the sink and for the dressing table.
I am going to put some fabric with roses on them in there in pink probably( what else since my log on name is pinkroses !)
I love hearts too, will put some of those in my bedroom and in the bath.
I already found the cutest basket in a seafoam green
At the top of the basket, is decorated with pinks and greens and alittle cream in there I believe
I will use that to put my make up in , I don't use make up every day, cause I don't work,
My kitchen/dining room will have a country victarin fireplace in the dinning part.
I have a walk in pantry and a wall pantry too.
I will be really gald when we start building
We have waited 3 years or a little more. pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  8:24:37 PM  Show Profile
oh goodness..I can't say that I even have a style..gracious. I just put things together..and hope that they work.
I love all sorts of things.
-----------------
In my kitchen I have bird related items, canisters and plants along the windowsill...the kitchen is a buttercream yellow with a birdhouse and tulips themed wall paper border.In one corner of the kitchen is an old antique milk bucket filled with fake yellow sunflowers...And a small antique table on which stands a pale baby blue metal milk bottle holder with several milk bottles filled with pastel colored flowers.
--------------
Dining room.. I have a buffet from the 40's that I display different knick knacks on(I rotate the displays out depending upon my mood and the seasons) and I have one wall with old timey looking metal signs on the wall.
A tiny expandable peg rack with vintage looking flour sacks on it and tiny mini kitchen tools(whisk,spatula,potato masher) and even a fake frizzle chicken.
Above the buffet is a length of antique tea dyed lace with french style ornaments of pears and birds(they have a toile print design on them)
---------------
See where I'm going with this...
step into my house and you literally take a trip around the world nearly..and also into country garden style...and farm style..or whatever style one might want to call it..hmm..maybe it's a new term called "Tina style"..ha
-------------
As you enter my house it has a farm style feel of sorts..as the hallway is painted a pale minty green with parchment paper colored wall paper that has an apple orchard type design(apple trees all over the paper).
I have folk art style art work (of houses on hills, and cows in pastures and amish type scenes on that wall)
------------------
Into the first bathroom we have lighting that is pendulum style glass globes that hang down over a big mirror on chains.. and this room is decorated "girly"..almost Victorian looking... it has a rose and magnolia wall border and the walls are creamy yellow, I use bright burgundy red towels and a rose theme shower curtain in this room.And a vintage look sign that says "no skinny dippin'"
--------------
Living room is our "modern room" it has a seafoam greenish blue leather sofa, and modern type rug..but on the walls I have farm styled art work,again a few old timey metal signs, a small quilt,, etc.
--------------------
Master bedroom is my fave room...I have a yellow bedroom with rose embroidered curtains, a garden style bed(white with cottage slat look) and italian styled "Diana" lamps.
Master bathroom has a french door with lots of panes of glass..the wallpaper in that bathroom is a pale parchment color with an orchid print.
-----------
of all the rooms in the house..the master bedroom/bath is my favorite color and design.
---------------
I think I need to hire a decorator.
--------------------
It's coming together though I think....as I'm actually starting to learn that I can no longer hardly stand the "made in(insert foreign country") items anymore..but am finding myself wanting to decorate with the older style artworks and items.
---------------
I went to the antique mall today specifically to look for old vintage ads/artwork that I can frame for my walls..in designs that made me smile.
-----------------
I'm still trying to find "my style"..but as I have heard many people say..."decorate with what makes you smile..what makes you happy"..and it will work.
-----------------
So..that's what I am now trying to do.
-------------
I don't think my house will ever be featured in a magazine...ha.
but..hey..it's liveable..and comfy..and I like to think that those that enter it are made comfy..and feel welcomed and "at home"...but..I still think I could use a decorator....anyone game? Come on by and I'll take out all my things and you can help me decorate...ha.:0)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  8:27:40 PM  Show Profile
as for one of the styles that makes my heart go "pitter patter" right now..is the style over at:

http://deardaisycottage.typepad.com/daisy_cottage/
I just absolutely adore the red and white and bright yellow with black and white accents..it just makes me smile..maybe I'll hire her to come decorate for me??
I love bright yellow and am seriously thinking I need to add more of that color into my house/life. It is the color that really makes me smile alot.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com

Edited by - Tina Michelle on Jan 25 2008 8:31:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  8:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh Tina!! I love that website you posted!!! Such Inspiration!! It made my heart smile...Thank you..
Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  8:46:18 PM  Show Profile
daisy cottage .. what a lovely blog .. i want to get the book: artful blogging! thanks for sharing!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  8:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Victorian for linens, clothing for me. Oooh Ribbons and Lace and fresh white linen or cotton! Wrought iron for things like candle holders, lamps etc.

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic what 'STYLE' .. makes your heart go ... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page