lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  1:09:42 PM  Show Profile
This morning I saw an e-mail that said it was from MJ's farm girl site, so I opened it,,,,,,,,,,if u get it don't open it. Now I don't even have the name because I hit "report spam" before thinking and it all disappeared, it was some scam about money is all I caught.

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  1:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I think we all got that. It's being handled though. I guess that means the forums are getting popular. As long as for every spam scam we get a handful of good members, it ain't no thing but a chicken wing.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  1:21:58 PM  Show Profile
Last fall we had spammers like this from Nigeria with almost the same message. The girls at the farm took care of them. I freaked out the first time it happened but from what more seasoned internet users reported is that this a pretty common occurance and a nuisance to good forums. Wish there was a permanant way to keep this from happening but they always find a way to slip in. Just have to delete them to where they belong...the cyber trash can.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

kellygirl
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Kelly
Chicago IL
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  05:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Send kellygirl an AOL message  Send kellygirl a Yahoo! Message
Yes I got the same e-mail spam this morning and I was very surprised. I think maybe we should let someone at Mary Janes farm know this. I guess they read everything so they will see this. Have a good day everyone. Peace.

To Thine Ownself Be True
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  06:05:18 AM  Show Profile
The MJF farmgirls have this situation under control. Look under the user tips here on this site, where Clare updates daily, for information on this spam thing. It is best not to open these emails or forward them in any way. Just ignore them!
jpbluesky

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 22 2005 06:06:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  09:01:45 AM  Show Profile
I got a couple of those last week. it's sooo annoying because I subscribe to all the forums, so I get excited when another new post is made, only to find out it is spam!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow

Edited by - Kim on Aug 22 2005 09:03:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  09:25:09 AM  Show Profile
Everyone, Please read the Member Tips post in the Welcome Category.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Aug 22 2005 09:25:38 AM
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic e-mail scam Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page