Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 hello from Western Washington
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic hello from Western Washington Next Topic  

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  12:08:12 PM  Show Profile
Howdy farm girls! You are all such a warm, welcoming group that it's high time I dropped by to say hello.

I grew up in rural Michigan on 20 acres of mostly forest just north of Grand Rapids with my grandparents and uncle living next door. In my youngest years, grandpa raised chickens and tended a lovely flower garden. The property is still in the family; my sister now lives there with her DH and has one daughter still at home, and my aunt lives in my grandparents' house. Whenever I get back there, the land still feels so special and magical to me. I feel very grateful to have grown up in such a beautiful place.

I left there in 1972 and have lived in the big city ever since; 33 years and still I'm a country girl at heart! I am married and we have two really great dogs that get us out hiking in many of the beautiful parks and trails in the area. My most recent ventures into the farmgirl world include taking an introductory class in raising chickens in the city, going on the Seattle Tilth Chicken Coop tour and finding this forum! I haven't taken the plunge into chickens yet, but that will come!

Farmgirls Connection is such a wonderful resource for those of us with aspirations to create the farmgirl life wherever we are. A big thank you to all of you who participate in making this such a vibrant community.

Have a great weekend!
Susan

earthy girl

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  12:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Susan, welcome to the connection!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  12:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Molly....looks like there are lots of farmgirls from Wisconsin. Love your tagline!

Susan

earthy girl
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  12:24:51 PM  Show Profile
A big welcome howdy from North Central Washington, Susan. Glad you found us! Take some time and look at all the posts and when you feel the urge, join right in!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  12:40:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Clare! There is so much here to dive into!

earthy girl
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  12:27:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Welcome Susan Kate..where are you located? I live south of Gig Harbor, and we will be starting a farm girls chapter soon!
Go to Top of Page

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  1:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello Diane and Holly! I live in Shoreline which is just south of Edmonds. Please let me know when the local chapter starts! Thank you!

Susan

earthy girl
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic hello from Western Washington Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page