Heather
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Heather
Ontario
Canada
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  09:50:29 AM  Show Profile
My name is Heather, I'm 39 years old....almost 40, am married and have three children...2 boys 15 and 16 and a daughter 8. I grew up on a farm and my parents are still there running the farm/elevators with one of my brothers. I married 17 years ago and my husband owns his own truck and trucks auto parts long distance to and from the States. We live on 8 acres on the edge of a small village. We have horses and are getting a few chickens this fall for eggs. When we moved here 5 years ago we had 60 and sold eggs to neighbours. We love to garden and put up much of our produce (freezing and canning) It's such a blessing to reach in the freezer or go down to the cellar to choose a meal.

A dear friend is teaching me quilting and I'm slowly learning and trying new things. I've been away from it for the past few months but am looking forward to quilting again this fall and winter. I love it and brings me such peace and joy. I enjoy scrapbooking as well but not as much as quilting ...I have done a few albums and am working on an album for each of my children.

I'm an old fashioned girl, I love the simple things in life and strive to make my house a home and haven for my family.

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  12:53:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome! Hey, where in Ontario are you from?

I never did get the hang of quilting. My Mom was really into it when I was little. I did cross-stitch instead. Now, my Mom does cross-stitch, and I've rediscovered crocheting.

Cat
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  11:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
Hi Heather! I have the same question, where in Ontario are you? I'm in New York State about 110 miles south of the Canadian border and I have a lot of relatives in Ontario. But Ontario is HUGE!! It seems to me that everyone on these forums is so far away from me. But I have hope for you and Cat, Guelph isn't that bad either. I get over toward Hamilton once in a while, or am I going in the wrong direction?

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

countrymamma
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Rural Manitoba
Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  3:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to my dear, dear friend. I'm so glad your here.

I don't have to introduce myself. Glad you've also gotten back to quilting.

~Carol
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  4:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, you're not heading in the wrong direction. Guelph is a half hour north of Hamilton. And if you're that close, why, we're virtually neighbours!

Cat
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  4:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
Cat, I only go to dog shows near Hamilton. I actually live south of the Kingston Ontario area. But I'm in your area a couple times a year. I love to travel to Ontario for dog shows. Everyone is so friendly and helpful!

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Heather
Ontario
Canada
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  06:14:58 AM  Show Profile
Good morning and thanks for the welcome!

Cat, I live about an hour and 20 minutes north west of Guelph, not far at all. We live near Kincardine....just 5 minutes from Lake Huron.

Kathy...we are probably about 4-5 hours apart...I have a cousin living in Verona (sp?), near Kingston. We have neighbours that travel all over and into the States going to dog shows.

It sure is a small world.

Hi countrymamma!!
Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  07:39:42 AM  Show Profile
Hello from Manitoba!

Call me old fashioned.
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  07:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
You guys aren't much closer to me then the New York City crew but I'm sure you are much closer in spirit. My sister married a guy from Nova Scotia and they have lived mainly in Kingston Ontario So now I have neices, and nephew and thier families in that area. I've also been to Manitoba and Newfoundland. Actually I'm probably better travelled in Canada then I am in my own country. What kind of dogs do your neighbor's have, Heather? It's nice to know I have some almost close neighbors.

Kathy

Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  4:25:28 PM  Show Profile
Kincardine, eh? Why, most of the guys living in the apartment below are from Kincardine or there abouts. And I've done some insect collecting in those parts, so I kinda know the area.

I pass by Kingston a few times a year on my way to Ottawa to visit friends.

Cat
Go to Top of Page

FloralSaucer
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Australia
156 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  5:37:35 PM  Show Profile
I can picture the photos my husband took of Florence, have no idea where you are, I wonder if it is at all the same.

Nice to have you here.

I have sons 17 and 14, we have been married 20 years and I grew up on a farm and I am 41. Sadly my parents left the farm. We also have an 8 year old daughter, plus one 11 and one 3.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from Ontario Canada Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page