lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  06:36:21 AM  Show Profile
I wish I had joined this forum last year!!!
My hubby and I took a trip (by car) last year , we were gone for a month and visited many of the states you guys are in!!

The highlight of the trip for me was believe it or not Manhattan!!
I had wanted to see the Statue of Liberty all of my life, SHE IS AWESOME!!
Even DH was in awe of the architecture, I had a hard time convincing him to even THINK of going there but we had so much fun!!

We spent several days in Missouri, looking up cemeteries of GGG grandparents etc. And a whole day in Hannibal doing the Mark Twain touristy thing.
Spent many days on the Great Lakes visiting lighthouses.
Were in Oklahoma for a week visiting 8 of my 10 brithers and sisters.
I could have visited lots of you guys,,,,,,,darn, maybe next year, we are planning to fly to Boston and spend two weeks in New England.

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  06:54:22 AM  Show Profile
WElcome, ARlene,
Where in MO are your GGG Grandparents from? I'm from MO and just curious if it might be close by. I know MO is a good sized state to cover, but one never knows. It seems I can hardly go anywhere without running into someone who has roots in the same county, so now I make it a habit to ask. If you are ever through MO again, let me know. Your trip sounds like it was wonderful and I"m glad you both enjoyed it so much. I look forward to hearing all about your farm girl dreams and ways. God bless you in all that you do.

IN His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  07:40:31 AM  Show Profile
Lynda, we were in St Louis, I have an aunt there, most of my genealogy roots are in Grundy County, the cemeteries we visited are in or near Laredo which is a very small town north of Chillicothe, we had a hard time finding them due to strange directions but were really happy we stuck it out as we found very nicely kept grounds and headstones dating back to a G-Ma from 1865, we loved the country up there, in fact all of Missouri impressed us with it's beauty. Never did find the aunt in St Louis, she may have passed on, (not a very close Aunt lol)
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Travelling Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page