Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How do you take it? Next Topic
Page: of 2

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  10:52:20 AM  Show Profile
Are you a coffee drinker? If you are, what is your favorite brand, blend, roast? Do you drink it black? Or what do you put in it?

I'll go first. I love coffee. The stronger the better. But, I do have to have sugar and cream in it. I enjoy flavored coffees too.
Favorite regular coffee? Starbucks Italian Roast.
Favorite flavored? Millhouse Mint. Then, hazelnut. Yum.

(I'm actually having withdrawals living out here in the middle of nowhere. I can't get a good brand of coffee. I'm thinking online shopping! Anyone ever tried that?)

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE Coffee and can over do it quite a bit!!! I will drink just about anything as long as it has good flavor but they just started carrying Dunkin' Donuts coffee in the stores out here. OH my!!! It was my favorite to drink when I first was going to the coffee shop to buy coffee (I have very fond memories of those times)

I like mine with a little sugar and a nice flavored vanilla creamer or even plain creamer, but must be creamer, not plain old milk. My mom uses canned milk, so I think I learned to like the thickness and richness of it. Not too sweet but enough to enjoy it. I also like mine made really hot and then I let it cool off to just scalding before I drink it!!! : )
For special holidays, I like to drop a peppermint hershey kiss in the bottom and let it melt...oh yum!!!

I like to drink it out of small cups and drink multiple cups a day. I have been known to drag my coffee with me everywhere, even packing it on all the trips we have taken..yes,,nuts, I know!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I love coffee, but I have anxiety and it's bad for you if you have that. I love lattes and coffee drinks. I lived on caramel macchiatos in college. I love caramel anything in my coffee. Pumpkin spice too. I love black with lots of cream too.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:27:01 AM  Show Profile
I like flavored coffees, but I cannot stand anything in my coffee. Plain black for me, please.

I think it's funny to go into the 7-11 and these big burly guys are in there adding multiple packs of sugar and half a dozen creamers to their coffee. They look at me like I just guzzled a fifth without chaser when I just get mine plain. :P

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:34:04 AM  Show Profile
I love coffee. Have been drinking it since I was six years old (to be like my daddy)...I like all kinds of coffee, but my mainstays are these: Eight O'clock brand, Chock Full O'Nuts, and yes, believe it or not, White Castle. I'll take a latte, but what I really like is just a good, plain cup of coffee with half and half. No milk, or I'll simply pass and no sugar or sweetened creamer, though I have been known to use Egg Nog or vanilla frozen yogurt when I'm out of cream!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:35:45 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Strong and definitely black here too! Once in a blue moon I'll get a french vanilla cappicino from 7-11. It's probably poison but I have to get my preservatives somehow, lol.

Peanut, that's funny. I always tease my husband if he wants any coffee with his sugar and creamer. He actually likes that nasty powdered non-dairy stuff. If I accidently grab his cup instead, I'm like GAK!

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  2:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
My paternal grandmother is from Finland...I have been drinking coffee since before I could hold the cup myself. Secretly, I am a coffee snob, but in a pinch I'll drink anything that resembles java. Usualy I choose whole organic beans, south american roast. I drink my first cup of the day with a splash of milk to cool it and jump my blood sugar, after that it is black. Recently I have cut back from 2 pots a day to one, I was having trouble sleeping.

It sounds so good to hear myself laugh. --Rascal Flats, "No Reins"
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  2:59:58 PM  Show Profile
Bridget, use decaf. Regular coffe bothers me too. So does regular diet Coke. I like Folgers decaf, black, one sugar and then none after that. Funny when I go out I'll have 4 cups of it, when I am home sometimes just one or two Sunday!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  3:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Jonni - Don't apologize about liking White Castle coffee-LOL. They have the best coffee(fast food wise) anywhere! And if you can find one of the china mugs they used to serve it in many years ago, they keep coffee hot better than any other mug! :D
I also like coffee mixed with cappucino in the morning(the folks at the Circle K know me by name).

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  4:16:11 PM  Show Profile
I drink the organic house blend from Rozark Coffees which is a local roaster about 30 miles from my house! I like it pretty strong with a lot of milk (only cause I dont usually have cream on hand) but absolutly no sugar. I can't even stand flavored creamers cause they have too much sugar.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  4:53:45 PM  Show Profile
Grande nonfat latte please!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  5:39:06 PM  Show Profile
I like my deacaf with creamer, Amaretto. Favorite coffee is from a roaster in Portland, make that Forest Grove Oregon.
The make BJ's blend decaf. My dh who is a major coffee drinker couldn't tell it was decaf. They are on line and it is a treat when we get to order it. Making my mouth water for a cup of their java...

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  6:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I like my coffee strong, caffeinated, with Splenda, and vaniila flavored creamer. Yummmy!!!! I'm drinking a cup now! lol

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  8:22:03 PM  Show Profile
I've loved coffee since I was six years old. My grandpa would pour just a bit in his saucer to cool and then he'd let me sip it out. I thought I was so grown up. Lately I have drinking cold coffee cappachinos every morning ... I get my caffeine & my calcium. MMMMMM.....

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  04:53:08 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Country Lawyer! I love 8 o'clock Columbian, and Starbuck's decaf--the after dinner coffee for us.

Online there's a great place located in New York City, and I recommend their Vienna Roast, as the American is quite light. www.portorico.com I get decaf for my DH there, and recently tried the Sumatra in Vienna Roast for myself--very good.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  05:13:22 AM  Show Profile
I'm like Jonni, Corrine and Lea....been drinking the stuff since I was a kid....sweet memories.

I often spent weekends with my grandparents. Nanny would "make me a bed" on the sofa and I'd wake up to the smell of coffee....Community Coffee, a south Louisiana coffee. She'd bring a mug of black coffee to my PawPaw in bed. She'd then make me a mug with lots of cream and sugar. I'd snuggle with PawPaw and he'd tell me I wasn't a real coffee drinker unless I drank it black. I've tried all my life and still have to add a little something to it.

I like it strong (and then sweeten it up) I still use only Community. My mainstay is New Orleans Blend with Chickory. I usually add my flavor in the mug. BUT!! my family gave me a Cuisinart Grind and Brew....Oh, my!!!! I now have a collection of flavored beans.... Amaretto, Southern Butter Pecan, Almond Amarreto, Chocolate Raspberry, Irish cream, and Hazelnut. Yummy!

I love our local coffe shop and Starbucks. I like the hot, the mochas, and the frozens. Gonna go pour me another cup!

Blessings
Catherine
Farmgirl Sister #76

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  06:16:37 AM  Show Profile
starbucks! i think it's called pumpkin-spice latte!
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  08:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh, some of those coffees sound AWESOME!
(Phils Ann, I'll be placing an order from that site. Thanks for the referral!)

Love reading the stories that go along with the responses to this question. Coffee is a kind of ritual for us, isn't it?

Don't you wish we could meet up at the local cafe and share a cup and a story?

Let's hear some more!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  08:33:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh, coffee, coffee, coffee...how do I love thee, let me count the ways...
black
brewed at home w/cinnamon, pumpkin spice, or apple pie spice
cappucino of just about any flavor...had a mint mocha last week that rocked my socks!
I'm actually fairly new at coffee...my dad drank instant for years (YUCK!) I got him to switch!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  09:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
When I went to visit my grandparents as a young girl, my grandfather was (and still is) a huge coffee drinker. I started drinking coffee to imitate him. First it was more "milk" (I had to drink soymilk because I was allergic to cow milk) than coffee, but after a while I was drinking black coffee just like Grandpa! Now, I will drink coffee as long as I have some milk to put in it, but I don't often drink it black. I prefer drinking tea. I will drink tea black, but prefer a spoonful of honey and a dollup of milk or cream in it. Yum!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com" target="_blank"> http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16376 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16376 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  10:11:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm on a coffee jag these days, for better or for worse. I love it so black I can stand a spoon up in it but I'm very fussy about the quality and where it comes from and who roasts it and how it's grown--all of that, right down to the cup I use. It has to be one of my mother's tea cups with a very thin dainty lip, no mugs for me. And I love the sound a tea cup makes when it finds its saucer. I walk around with my coffee creating than memory, that sound. I grind it fresh and then put my nose down in the grinder right after and take several deep breaths. But I have to laugh about how MUCH I love it. I actually go to bed at night, excited that I can get up the next morning and have that first cuppa but bummed I have to wait a few hours before I can have coffee again!

My daughter made me my most special cup and saucer at our local ceramic shop. It has my granddaughter's hand print on it and it says around the saucer, "Tiny hands to hold your heart forever." Then Meg dripped a glaze on the edges of the cup and down in the bottom that looks exactly like chocolate smeared everywhere. Time for another cuppa!

Look for my new book, "MaryJane's Stitching Room," in bookstores now. Coming next in 2008: "MaryJane's Outpost Guidebook - for Cultivating Your Inner Wild."
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  10:28:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh! well made, good quality and black,black,black! Mmmmmmm!, so good!

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Georgia Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

Denise
Atlanta GA
USA
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  3:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Georgia Girl an AOL message
I like Kona, its my favorite! I like turbinado sugar and heavy whipping cream in mine. I do admit that I like White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks.

Proud Farmgirl Sister #113

http://mybigcityfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  4:13:50 PM  Show Profile
coffee no i dont drink that (just kidding)
my fav at the moment is a white choclate mocha but it can only be from the gas station at fairfield and only when my cous is working. she makes AWESOME coffee. i just tell her to make me whatever and i have loved it everytime. i will drive all the way out there just to get one if i have been thinking of it for days(it almost an hour away) and i get to visit with my cous while i am there(tons of perks for me)

where is firemama's posting on this she is a coffee freak

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  4:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Ok I am SO not a freak teres! j/k I am ; ) Dark and STRONG, the guys in this house make brown water(ewww),so they make theirs and I make mine. I like it strong with vanilla creamer or chocolate syrup and milk. If I am lucky i like a Tall white pepermint mocha from SB.
Or in the summer time a GrandeIced Carmel Machiato with extra syrup and LOTS of it!!!

Mama to 2
I am what I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Firemama on Jan 15 2008 4:47:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2881 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2881 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  8:00:42 PM  Show Profile
Fresh, hot & strong!!! (coffee not men) The stronger the better, & I also love to SMELL the beans after grinding. A dash of heavy cream & maybe a smooshz of something sweet & there is nothing better!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How do you take it? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page