frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  9:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
ilove coffee and know that i drink too much, but i cant stop.
i didnt even drink coffe til i was in my late 30's and sometimes i think i am trying to make up for lost time!
my favorite for right now, and really for quite some time is with hazelnut. when i get it just right there is something about it that reminds me of an ice cream cone, except its not cold.
i used to drink it all day and into the night, but now that i am an oldster i dont drink it past supper.
gosh, i'd love a cup right now.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  05:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I'm off to sip a cup myself...mmmmm I think there is something about the aroma of the coffee that gets me going. I love to smell it brewing.... I love drinking it een more though. Who would have thought that a drink could have these types of effects on people????

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  05:31:30 AM  Show Profile
I love the smell of coffee, but I don't make a habit of drinking it. Maybe once a week, but if I'm drinking it every day something's wrong. I'm trying to cut out caffeinated tea as well.

When I do get coffee, I prefer plain old, anonymous diner coffee in a thick white mug. At least three spoons of sugar and two creams. Preferably with eggs and fried potatoes.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  06:18:06 AM  Show Profile
I like coffee, and drink a big mug in the morning during the week days. I usually don't drink it on the weekends. I like Dunkin' Donuts fresh ground that you can buy, and also their coconut, vanilla or hazelnut flavors. I just put in milk....sometimes black (only if I run out of milk..lol). Also, I'll order Starbucks mochachino (no whip cream) or any type of mocha coffee from other coffee houses. During the week, to save a some money, I make my own in a coffee maker. It's amazing how much money you save weekly that way! I like Green Mountain Guatemalan (sp?) fresh ground and either a french vanilla or mocha flavored coffee. I like to mix the two flavors then just add whole milk. I love the smell of fresh ground coffee!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  07:01:27 AM  Show Profile
I'd gotten out of the habit of making coffee every day, but here I sit with a fresh cup - thinking of my Farmgirl Sisters!

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  05:27:30 AM  Show Profile
I just had to come back and read more.

It's funny...when I first saw the thread I thought, "Oh, no I can't share about my obsession. I bet all the farmgals are so "healthy" that they don't drink coffee" I was so glad to see that we're all coffeeholics.

I shared earlier about my Nanny bringing my PawPaw his morning cup of coffee. After breakfast, she would fill his big silver thermos with hot coffee to last him the day. He was a carpenter...very old school, slow working and attentive to fine detail. He hated it when sawdust would get in his cup. He'd take a sip, spit it out and say "blah".

Around 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon several of my Nanny's neighborhood friends would join for afternoon coffee. It was as if she was all giddy and excited about that special time of relaxation and conversation. At least two pots would be gone through. I didn't always pay attention to what they were saying but I remember the loud laughter and smiles.

Nanny came to live with us a few years ago for me to care for her. My girls and I would hurry through our home schooling so we could have coffee with Nanny at 3:00. We heard so many family stories. I got wise one day and started recording our coffee times. I have hours of cassette tapes. At the anniversary of her death I listen to the tapes. It's like torture with all the tears I cry but it's also like a salve to hear her voice.

I now help care for my mom and we have our coffee time at about 6:30 in the mornings. Our conversations include our love for God, what He's teaching us, and of course....our TO DO list for the day.

Blessings
Catherine
Farmgirl Sister #76

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh Catherine, I was so touched my your story. Just made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. I'm so glad that you shared it.

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  10:24:50 AM  Show Profile
I love reading all the replies to this thread! Anybody else?? Coffee stories? Coffee memories??

(Phils Ann, I just got my order from your referral, portorico.com. I made a pot of the mint. OH MY GOODNESS!! To die for! Thanks so much for telling us about them! I can't wait to try the orange coffee next!)
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  10:46:51 AM  Show Profile
I may be a tea granny, but I can't be a good Canadian without loving my Tim Horton's Double Double. Two creams, two sugars - and maybe a honey dip doughnut to go with!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  11:21:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad you like it, Country Lawyer! I didn't mention the candy... chocolate covered espresso beans, or almonds or hazelnuts. Oh, my. And, you get weekly sales via email.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  11:23:58 AM  Show Profile
my coffee is either Peace Coffee or this other organic roasted stuff that my herbal guy sells. I like it black or with some agave and heavy whipping cream I can usually only take one cup liek that though and then it is all black...i get a tummy ache otherwise.

[size=1]
~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://womonandsprout.wordpress.com
http://youtube.com/profile?user=GaiasRose
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  1:21:45 PM  Show Profile
Organic, strong, made with a french press(but I do filter it) and a little organic milk. I limit myself to 2 cups a day. For a treat I'll have it with heavy cream and I love Breves with no flavor. Don't like all that sweet and flavor in my coffee.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  1:44:52 PM  Show Profile
I went to my mom's house the other day and meant to come back and tell y'all about her Christmas present one year.

I bought her a really beautiful glass hurricane vase (is that the right word?) and stuck a large cranberry pillar candle in the middle and filled the vase up with coffee beans. The smell is heavenly and it looks sooo pretty. A vanilla candle would smell great too!

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  2:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
omg...my mama does that with candles too! she use to own a coffee shop and is a compleat coffee freak!

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How do you take it? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page