Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 I know I'm not the only one~Said Goodbye
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I know I'm not the only one~Said Goodbye Next Topic
Page: of 3

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  08:17:24 AM  Show Profile
Sounds crazy, but if you haven't already, make a cast of her footprint for the garden....I did that for my husband this Christmas...it was the one thing I didn't do that I regret with my Lily. Now we have all four on one...

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  10:00:37 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, this is such a hard thing to go through! I think your plan is very humane, and hope your time together will be full of peace; I'm sure you'll do a lot of loving on your baby. We had a cat who was my best quilting buddy, who died of cancer... took lots of pictures, of course. I'm praying for you and your family.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

gwennym
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Gwen
Edwardsville IL
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  11:39:51 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, my heart goes out to you. My first dog as an adult, Blondie, was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (fancy name for bone cancer) many years ago. She lived about 6 months after her initial diagnosis. She was the first dog I ever had to put down, and it about tore me up. Losing a good friend is never easy -- I'm glad I had Blondie for 9 years. She gave all of herself and only wanted to love and please me.

My thoughts are with you --- Gwen
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  12:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Gosh I wish I could give you all a big hug! You just don't know how much your kind words have meant to me.
My kids took it so hard. My 15 year old daughter who I honestly don't feel is overly emotional, couldn't go to school today. I lost it when I went to her math teacher who is also a co-worker of mine and the sweetest lady in the school. No I just feel so weepy and exhausted. I really don't want to be sad waiting for her to die. I hope after I get my rest I can get it together a little better.

Thank you all so very much, again. Your stories mean so much.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  12:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I wish we could all give YOU and your family, a big hug. I lost my best friend, Kate, to cancer three years ago. It was so hard to put off the grief until after she was gone. But I'm glad I did. I wish the pain and sadness could be all parceled out and each of us could carry a little bit of it for you. I'll keep you in my heart and prayers.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  05:17:37 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm sending hugs to you and your family and you will be in my prayers.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  09:00:24 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry Bonnie. You, your family and your puppy will be in my prayers.
Hugs

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  09:06:44 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I'm sorry to hear the news. It's amazing how our pets become such an important member of the family. They add their own dynamic and personality to everything about the home. It sounds like you've got some great stories and memories.

Blessings
Catherine
Farmgirl #76

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, it is going to be hard for a long while, believe me. Even though we now have 4 new members in our dog family, I still think of my Lily and miss her daily. I'm hoping that you get to the place where your beloved friend rests easy in your heart. Thinkin about you and your family...

Jonni

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Bonnie, It is so hard to lost a family pet. I ache for you. Try to think of the fun she is having in her heavenly home. Running and playing, pain free. Your family is in my prayers.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:15:00 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
How sad,I know I still miss my last pet. I didn't get another after the last one left us, didn't think I wanted to be that sad again over a pets death.But I sure do miss her. The kids are always telling me I should have another and I just can't. Really admire those that can.Pets are great company and a real part of the family. I will be sad with you.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:18:05 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie,

I'm so sorry to read this today. I know I don't have the words to comfort you at this time, but please know that I'm thinking about and praying for you and your family at this very sad time.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:46:20 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry that your baby is gone. I know how lonely it can be when you expect them to be there and their not.
Hugs
Amy

My Blog
http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/
Amore Schnauzers
http://amoreschnauzers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Bonnie-

My heart goes out to you. I miss my Seanee-Dog still, but I cherish all those memories from her lifetime. All the times she was my shoulder to cry on or a fun friend or just companionship. I hope your memories of you Friend comfort you in the days, weeks, months and years to come.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  3:13:40 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I'm so sorry you lost your buddy. It's so hard when we lose our 4-legged kids. I still miss our Pal that we lost last spring and think of him often. My heart aches for you, as I know how painful it is for you now. Bear hugs to you.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  4:01:02 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry, Bonnie. It's hard. I'll be thinking of you.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9399 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9399 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  4:49:47 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
((((hugs)))to you. I know it is hard and it is ok to cry for your loss. I had to think of how my Ruby is no longer suffering and that it was the best for her. I still miss her and cry. We buried her here and made her a nice little stone and now the daffodils are blooming all over her spot. There is a beautiful big azealea blooming near her too and I'm glad but I still miss her and I know you will miss your sweetie too. They are so unconditionally loving our pets and that is part of why we love them. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Denise

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  5:11:01 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie: I am so sorry for your loss. Somehow our pets truly do become beloved family members and their loss is so sad when it happens.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  5:21:18 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
My heart goes out to you. It is such a sad and painful time to go through. They are there all the time for us,and when they are gone they leave a big hole in our lives and heart. Just let yourself grieve and cry, you have every reason to.It takes time to heal. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs, Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  11:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm so sorry, Bonnie. I'm adding my hugs and shoulder to cry on to the rest. I wish we could be there to give you an 'in person' hug. Anytime you need a cyber hug, we're always here.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  9:30:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bonnie, I knew it was coming but it never is easy. How sad for your family but you will soon be talking about her and all the GOOD times you all had and those are the times to remember. MB

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Apr 13 2008 9:43:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know from experience it will be hard for a while. It is wonderful she had a loving home for all those years.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  11:19:46 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
I'm so sorry. I dread the day, but I know it will come. Let yourself cry and keep all the memories close. She could feel your love and gave it back to you. I'm sending you a warm hug.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  11:28:09 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear of your loss of dear doggie. I think the unconditional love our pets give us makes it ever much more difficult to say goodbye. Sorry you are feeling the sadness . . , and happy for you that you had such a great friend.

KL

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  12:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Thinking of you, Bonnie. It's a hard, hard thing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I know I'm not the only one~Said Goodbye Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page