lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  09:06:53 AM  Show Profile
I think that is my problem, too, Elizabeth! Well, part of it anyway. So in an effort to simplify my life before we move into our new house I cleaned out my closet and drawers and just took 2 enormous bags of clothes to Goodwill. It feels good. Now to simplify the rest of our stuff....Good luck to you!
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  10:44:21 AM  Show Profile
Okay, here's a short update. I put away two baskets worth of clothing, have a load running in the washer and one in the dryer and have about three more loads to do - then I will be done - for today at least! I sorted out a few clothes to donate and some from my daughter's dresser to throw away or use as rags since they were stained. I also went through our kitchen cupboard and found a lot of dishes to donate. I'm tired of our Christmas plates and hate the hassle of putting them away each year so I decided to get rid of them. That cleared up a lot of room in the cupboard.
So maybe by the end of today this house will be a teeny bit more organized. Our nearest Goodwill is about an hour away so I don't get there often. But since I go to my midwife appointment in the same town once a month my goal is to bring at least one box to Goodwill each time. I think I will have two or three boxes this time around!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  07:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
My grandma says laundry is like the poor: it will always be with you.

Right now it is a worse chore because we don't have the washer/dryer in our house yet. We have a stackable in the in-law suite, which is a short walk out the back door, across the back yard, up the steps, and in the back of the suite. And of course, being a stackable W/D, it can't do more than half-loads. I also have only one laundry basket, DH says I should get two, but I agree with whoever said then there would be MORE laundry in BOTH baskets!

I want a clothesline this Spring, even if we get a W/D before then. Then I can take things out of the washer, have them hanging in the backyard and therefore halfway back to the house when I take them down!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic The Laundry Abyss... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page