Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What did Santa leave under your tree?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What did Santa leave under your tree? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2007 :  9:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering if you farmgirls where as spoilt as I this Christmas! Found many things under my tree this year .. Including a hot pink watering can and a white wicker laundry hamper! Plus 2 pretty little floral aprons and the cuteist green frog salt and pepper shakers. Oh, I had so much fun!

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Dec 25 2007 9:32:15 PM

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  05:49:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh was spoiled, for sure. I got a cd by Natasha Bedingfield/Unwritten from my daughter. I love that song. I also got a wonderfully warm, soft bathrobe with matching slippers, fuzzy warm socks, a whole bunch of MaryJane's products and gift certificate, a navy blue cardigan, fleece lined leather work gloves (much needed), power scissors, several crafting items and a digital camera of my own! Now I won't have to borrow my daughter's anymore.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  05:51:43 AM  Show Profile
Lots of MJ stuff: all of the magazines, the Ideabook/Lifebook and the Stitching Room book...lots of great reading material :-)

Farmgirl Sister #21

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  06:28:56 AM  Show Profile
Wow! You all really did have a great gift Christmas. I got slippers from Land's End, a flannel nightgown from LLBean, a sweater, a home-made garden path tile with footprints of little Hannah and Abigail, the new Jan Karon book, a gift certificate for Ted's Montana Grill (I can taste that bison meatloaf now), and a set of fancy and large wine glasses. I treated myself to a MJF beeswax candle, and some power bars of hers! Yummy.

Oh, and I forgot! We got a new 2008 Volvo wagon, and I get to drive it. I thought of putting a bow on it while I drive around....

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Dec 26 2007 06:31:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  06:32:23 AM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
WOW, Sounds like ya'll made out great! I received many Rooster items for my new Kitchen and the new Diana Palmer book and Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul book 1 and 2.

http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  06:47:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Well Santa flow by this year and did not leave any presents. It's the second year that my DH and I have not exchanged with each other and my family has taken part in the no gift exchange. It does put a damper on the day but we still had plenty of food and family. Next year it will be different. I did get to play Santa for my new family that I will be a Nanny for come mid January. They were in Florida over the Holiday and the oldest boy is just about a non-believer in Santa. Next year though the 3 boys and mom will not only have the Santa spirit but the boys will also know of the bible and the story that goes with the Christmas season. Then it's no so hard not to believe in the holiday. Merry Christmas to all.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  06:59:58 AM  Show Profile
I got those great Hunter brand boots from my husband, and my mom, well, she always goes overboard, even when we say not to. She got us a weekend at our favorite destination, Pleasant Hill for the first of February. She also got me all kinds of new cooking items, which I LOVE.
My inlaws bought us a beautiful outdoor table and chairs set, and several other thoughtful items. Overall, for being a "pretty lean" year monetarily, we did just fine. It was more a joy to be with folks and share good food and family!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  07:34:30 AM  Show Profile
I got a cooler of Omaha steaks, walmart gift card, stationery and pen (yes, I still write letters), bare escentuals makeup and my favorite..a guitar! I had one years ago when I was in college but ran into problems and had to sell it. I missed it. Now I get to learn all over again.

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  07:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Wow you girls seem to have been very blessed with wonderful things. People sure do care about you all! I too was spoiled especially by my mama, clothes, socks, an ipod alarm clock, a recorder that is super small and all technologified (for when I learn new tunes), books, music books for teaching, geez I can't even remember. I was super blessed this year to the point I almost was depressed. The kiddos at school and teachers gave me two HUGE bag fulls of gifts and I gave none because of lack of finances right now. I know it was them caring and thinking of me so then I was not depressed. I have my boss give me a frogprince in brass, journal, photo album, and the cutest jewelry thing with country style symbols to make my own!!! I thought of you all! My bf and I picked out (ok I am a high maintenance farmgirl) a tiffanys ring NOT a diamond one just a plain silver that I love. His family spoiled me to the point my head was spinning with clothes and perfume and a really nice restaurant meal!!! I just had to share because sometimes we think oh man we couldn't reciprocate and that was me this year. BUT I learned how many people truly care and wanted to show that to me. I plan to hit up sales so next year I am able to reciprocate and show my love for them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!!! So glad we have eachother on here. I am a little weepy eyed right now. :) xoxo

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  08:48:05 AM  Show Profile
I got a new pair of flannel pjs from my husband and a cast iron frying pan from my mother. Not a big haul, comparatively, but I was happy because I actually got things I wanted. Nice to know they are paying attention.

Honestly, I was more excited by the gifts I gave. This is the first year I've really had enough money to get nice things for my family. For my mil, we picked out three photos from a trip out west that we took with her and we framed them. For my 80 something year old grandfather, we paid for a driveway plowing service. For my parents, we enlarged and framed some old family photos from their families. For the siblings we picked in our annual gift exchange drawing, we got books that we have read ourselves and wanted to share with them (I think my bil was already on the second chapter of his book when they left our house!). For the babies in the family, I got a dvd and some neat little knitted toys from a craft fair. Everyone seemed to genuinely like what I picked out, so I am highly pleased with myself.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  08:56:44 AM  Show Profile
DH gave me a new bird feeder with a copper roof and some wonderful honey soap. My sister sent two peonies in pots and a beautiful seahorse glass ornament for my seashore themed Christmas tree. I also got the most wonderful antique architectural metal piece (kinda a scroll design about 4' long)that hangs on the wall from my Mom and Dad - along with a gift pack of starbuck's coffee stuff from Santa. It was a good Christmas.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  12:42:28 PM  Show Profile
my husband really listened to me this year.... He bought me a bunch of flower seeds and also got me a stack of gardening books ,Heirloom Herbs/Growing,drying and preserving Herbs/ Flowers,growing,drying and preserving...and The "Flower Farmer" book. ( a man after my heart..ooops yeah, yeah.he's already had it for 17 yrs! LOL)

My mom sent me an oriental fan that had been a gift from my granddad to my grandmother.(I think it was from when he served in Korea/it's very old)
My mom also sent me a set of vintage jewelry.(vintage Sarah Coventry set, really unique looking)

My husband got me a Kodak digital photo frame.
Naomi got me a set of vintage Russian stackable wooden dolls.
My mother in law made a lovely ceramic tray/platter for me that has little blue birds on a branch and it says" Daughter by marriage/friend by choice"
My father in law made for our family a lovely wooden pieced picture of a plant bench with flowers. (it's where the little wooden pieces are inlaid to create an image..very pretty)
We also all took a trip to Thomasville, GA for the Holiday to enjoy the Victorian Christmas event there.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  1:12:45 PM  Show Profile
Like Amie, I was more into the gifts I gave than the ones I got. My husband would shake his head, because I just kept giving to more and more people. For instance, we bought (for one dollar a pound), and he shelled (he is so great) 20 lbs of pecans, and I just about gave them all away. I did keep enough for us to eat (a canning jar or two), but they made great gifts wrapped in a plain brown bag with primitive style tissue. And I included a recipe for roasting them with sugar, etc. I think that made about a dozen gifts. Anyway, I would just keep thinking of one more person I wanted to give a gift to. It is so easy to see neat things and think, oh she would like that!!!! I finally gave the last gift on Christmas afternoon to a friend who I went to lunch with. My DH said, are you through yet???? I still have a "treasure box" in the closet that will be for Valentines or Easter or the next holiday!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  2:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Santa came a day early and dropped of a beautiful mirror in a silver/wood frame, a set of beautiful candles and a trivet, and a very fun mug. Nora got a teddy bear, a very special book, and a handmade Raggety Ann doll. I also got some yummy Christmas candies, a beautiful Christmas music CD and a Miss Wilma Christmas ornament.

Doug got an XBox 360, an extra controller, HD cables for the Xbox and 2 games as a combined Christmas/Birthday present (but he got those early in November).

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog: http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  2:56:16 PM  Show Profile
Stuie's and my favorite Christmas song is "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" We sing it all the time during Christmas time. So, this year, he got me a huge stuffed Hippo! I was completely enchanted! so now I'm singing "I got a hippopotamus for Christmas...Only a hippopotamus would do! No boring dolls or dinky tinkertoys. I got a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy!"

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia
Proud Farmgirl Sister #19

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  3:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Tina, how cool is that? So he was listening after all! I'd love to see pictures of the gifts you got from your mom and dad in laws.

Jeannie, you sound just like my best friend, Rose. Rose really goes overboard in the gift giving area sometimes. She really out-did herself this year! She had today off from work and I'll just bet she's shopping the post Christmas sales for next year already.

You really got a steal on those pecans. They're over $6/lb here. What fun!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  3:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Under my tree was:
A movie pass from my #2 son
A gift card to Barnes and Noble from my daughter
A cd with music that was hand-picked for me, and a cozy throw from my oldest son
A manila envelope with my name on it that contained two pages listing the seeds that my husband ordered for me from Seed Savers.
I am a very happy mom. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  7:48:11 PM  Show Profile
we didn't do many gifts this year, but I did get the MJ idea book, and I'm lovin' it so far.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart
Annika
farmgirl sister#13
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  8:21:05 PM  Show Profile
I'm having such a fun time reading about the gifts you all have given & received. Let's see, I'll take that pink watering can when you're done with it, Shirley. Some of those pecans would be really tasty right now, too. And I'd LOVE to go to the Pleasant Hill with you, Jonni! What fun!

Tomorrow I am getting a phone jack ... yes, that is really what I want. Right now, I have to run a cord across the room everytime I want to get on-line. Everyone trips on and disconnects me or I forget to hook the phone back up. A new phone jack is going to be the best gift ever!

Now I just have to hear that song, "I want a hippopotumus for Christmas", and my holiday will be complete! LOL

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  10:23:00 PM  Show Profile
My favorite gift this year was actually a couple of weeks early:
My Mom, my daughter and I dressed up and went to see "The Sound of Music" at the Ordway in St.Paul. It was absolutely outstanding and I loved every minute of it.
Every year we try to see a play or musical, but if there isn't anything that we are interested in seeing, we go see the Nutcracker ballet. I love that too!

Otherwise, I got a new shower curtain I had been drooling over and some much needed new towels to match; guess I will have to paint the bathroom now. LOL.
I got scottie dog pj's and slippers and the scottie dog Dept. 56 Krinkle ornament. The scottie theme is due to my "baby"/scottie, Angus.
And my brother listened and got me the Amy Grant's Greatest Hits cd I wanted.

The best gift we gave to my daughter this year. We got her a sewing machine, which is much nicer than mine. LOL I hope she learns to love to sew, and is better at it than I am. I can barely handle straight seams.

Now I suppose I had better lock up my fabric stash. She'll be "shopping"...

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  05:33:52 AM  Show Profile
I got some new chefs knives and a sharpened from Richie. My sister got me a microplane. My parents got me a new roasting pan, a cutting board and a new coffee maker. It was a really great christmas. But the best part of all was watching my nephew open all of his gifts for his first Christmas.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  10:38:23 AM  Show Profile
We stopped exchanging gifts years ago when cash was tight, only treating our boys to a few things. The youngest got roller skates, middle son asked for BOOKS (he's my boy! LOL), and the oldest asked to have his license plate renewed. "Funny" kids! We also do a little something for my Mom, as she is alone.

Our big fun this year was pooling our monies to buy dh a canoe. I was so proud of my boys, who paid for nearly all of the purchase themselves! For years they have listened to their Dad dream of floating down the creek, fishing pole in hand, boys by his side...Needless to say, we are all looking forward to spring!

I'm so enjoying reading what everyone received. How neat to see the simplest things mean the most to my farmgirl friends! Especially nest to hear how your loved ones "got just the right thing"...because they love & know you so well!

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  12:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh My! Santa brought me ALL of MaryJane's magazines and her Idea Book! For my birthday I got her Stitching Room book! Can't wait for her "Outpost" book to come out!!!!! I am one happy farmgirl!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
Sisters on the Fly #595
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  12:57:07 PM  Show Profile
Santa left me a new coffee maker.. desperately needed, a ton of bath and body stuff in my favorite smells, apple, peach and gardenia, some sterling jewelry findings so i can make some more stitch markers for my self..they're all hearts and butterflies, soy candles, yankee candles, and books.

Life is too short to be narrow minded.
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  2:17:51 PM  Show Profile
My DH and I decided this year to go to Living History Farms near Des Moines, IA for a Victorian Christmas dinner 1875 style. It was awesome. The fee includes the entertainment (1875 style), a four course dinner that is gourmet to the max! and service that is unequaled! We have talked about doing this for several years, but somehow the $ just never got from saving to dinner. This year - WE DID IT! It was wonderful!

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  3:32:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm a very spoiled farmgirl-we are going to Maui for two weeks in July!!!! Then the Saturday before Christmas we learned our next little grandchild will be another little girl!!!!-we already have the two cutest little ones!!! And we had a wonderful Christmas day with our kids and very close neighbors!!!Very few presents were exchanged-but it was probably one of the most enjoyable Christmases!!!(okay,okay...I have Maui now to look forward too AND a new granddaughter!!)Hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What did Santa leave under your tree? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page