Page: of 13

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  10:24:53 AM  Show Profile

Connio ~ your ideas are marvelous and I'll pass them along. I know MaryJane has given much thought to the idea of having dolls and stories to go along with them. We'll see what happens!
love ya,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  3:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon!!
There are more pictures of the journal!! Check it out!!
www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-connection/dolls.asp
OOOH so Fun!!

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  07:43:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kate, thank you for posting the new photos of the dolls and the journal. It's all too cute! I love the site that was created for them. Great job!! Also, the antique trunk for the girls is just perfect. Thank you Mary Jane. And the journal...well, it's just wonderful!! Kim did a super job creating it for us. Looks like she thought of everything and even a pop up page! How neat is that?! That's the beauty of this entire project, everyone adding "a little something special" to make it all come together and make it so unique and fun. As the girls start their travels,it will be so much fun to see what the other farmgirls along the way will come up with!! So, again thank you all so much for all your hard work in making this project come together. Farmgirls Rock!!! Love and hugs, Luanne

May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  1:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon All
I'm happy to announce the dolls have begun their adventure. I sent them off today to the first four homes!! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to let go of those little ladies. I'm sure you'll all take such good care of them. Each time I send them out to the next group I'll call each gal so be listening for you phones!! Keep watching the forum for some more pictures we will be posting them as they come back!!
XOXOX
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  1:54:49 PM  Show Profile
The little gals are in for a big adventure!!!! Oh, to go out into the big wide world! Let's keep them safe, farmgirls.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  2:19:56 PM  Show Profile
When they are out of doors here on my farm enjoying the sites and activities I have a special little chair and pillow for them to sit in so they won't get their britches dirty!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  3:59:45 PM  Show Profile
I just saw this topic, sounds great. How do I get on the list? I particpated in a traveling bear for kids from Michigan. He had a little backpack that held his travel journal and each person who had him could put a little souvenier in there for the kids. I got him here in Oregon and then went on a business trip to Detroit where I passed him on to a business client who took him back to the school - it was so fun.

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  4:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello Anne
I would love to add you to the list. My name is Kate and I'm taking care of the lists at the farm. So if you could just send me your name addresses and phone number that would be great!! Just e-mail me at kate@maryjanesfarm.org
Welcome aboard!!
xoxo Kate

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  3:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Our 'doll club' in Maryland did 'travelling' dolls .. it was wonderful! we each made a doll .. and each doll spent a whole month at six different doll club member's homes. if they went to meetings .. the dolly went with them .. if they went on vacation .. they went with them. each dolly travelled with a 'suitcase' and 'journal' .. and as she visited each home .. the doll 'wrote her stories' of her adventures .. and brought home 'newly hand-made outfits' .. and souvenirs .. it was wonderful! so at the end of the six months .. we each had our doll back home with many stories to tell!

some of our dollies travelled to other countries .. one even went to the WHITE HOUSE to visit! they told the 'everyday stories' of our lives!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  06:19:39 AM  Show Profile
You know I just checked in with the journal photos and loved looking at them. It struck me that I wish I was like the "girls", with a big smile on my face no matter where I was!
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  3:26:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi -

I was wondering where the girls are now. I haven't seen any new posts or new photos, just curious.

Anne in Portland

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  3:56:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Anne, The girls just finished up a visit with Kim in Louisiana.They were to be sent off from there to another farmgirl, just not sure where. Maybe Kate can fill us in. Have a good (warm) evening. Burrrr sure is cold here in Colo. Luanne

--
Go to Top of Page

giveGodtheglory
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tammy
Edmonton AB
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  5:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see giveGodtheglory's MSN Messenger address  Send giveGodtheglory a Yahoo! Message
My own little travel doll is just finishing a trip across the US. She's Canadian, so it was a big adventure. Especially for a girl only five inches tall.

God bless!

[url=http://bunnyherolabs.com/adopt/showpet.php?b=bWM9dGlnZXIuc3dmJmNscj0weGZmOTkwMCZjbj12aWMmYW49Z2l2ZWdvZHRoZWdsb3J5]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  6:31:48 PM  Show Profile
My own little travel doll is just finishing a trip across the US. She's Canadian, so it was a big adventure. Especially for a girl only five inches tall.

Tammy .. tell us more about your little travelling doll.
Frannie
Go to Top of Page

giveGodtheglory
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tammy
Edmonton AB
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  6:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see giveGodtheglory's MSN Messenger address  Send giveGodtheglory a Yahoo! Message
She's a repainted and rewigged Micky D's black barbie named Sketchy. I painted her clothes in nice brown and green colours, and gave her teal blue hair tails. I have a yahoo group about her trip, and a yahoo album of pictures where she's been, but I haven't put all the pictures in the album yet. Right now she's gone back to California with a young friend of mine. She's going to see Vegas, too.

God bless!
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2005 :  09:57:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls!!
I've just received an e-mail from Kim and the dolls are on their way to then next house. They are coming all the way back up to Washington. We will put up more pictures when we get the gals back in a couple of weeks. I thank everyone for being so understanding; this is quite the adventure they are on!! They can't wait to meet all of you. Happy Holidays!!

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  08:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Kim brought The Farm Girls to visit weekend before last. They enjoyed smelling the Farmgirl soap they had heard so much about! The looked around the shop and then went out to the garden to help pick lettuce for Kim to take back home. A good time was had by all!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  08:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh Susan, Thanks for posting the great pictures!! It's so wonderful to see "the girls" again. I really miss them, but Im glad to see they are well and having a fun time. Bet they smelled sooooo good when they left your place!! Have a yummy Thaksgiving! Love and a big ol' hug, Luanne

--
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2005 :  6:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls! So sorry but it's been a whirlwind here in Louisiana and I just took my pics of the traveling girls to be processed. Be on the lookout next week for tales of their adventures in the South and wait till you see how much fun we had! They were all smiles always and most well behaved guests! Oh, and by the way, the other cutie patootie in the pictures that Susan sent is another Luzy Original! Her name is 'lil kim and she is the farmgirls new bestest friend. Made by the same lovin' hands & being of like fabric and stitches, well, it just makes you close right off, ya know? The three of them really enjoyed themselves and 'lil kim was so sad to see them leave. All you farmgirls who signed up for a visit have a treat to look forward too and I'm thinkin' I sure wish I could be in their apron pocket and visit you all too!

More to come...
Hugs,
Kim

P.S. oops, almost forgot...thanks so much Susan for posting the pics, we had a lovely time in your soap kitchen!
P.S.S. and thank you too Lu for getting this all started! What fun it's been watching your idea get planted, root and take wings and fly!
"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund

Edited by - The Handmaiden on Nov 25 2005 6:59:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  09:05:45 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All~
The dolls will be leaving there adventure in Washington and head to California!! I'm sure there're very excited. The weather up here has been real cold and there're ready to lie in the sun. I'm not sure if they have swim suits yet but they might need to do a little California shopping. After this next adventure they will be headed home to the farm where we will post pictures and read all about their fun. Thanks all for your excitement in this project!! Happy Holidays!

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  5:46:47 PM  Show Profile
Yipeee, just had word that the dolls are on the way to New Zealand!!
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  5:56:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh Helen,
I'm so excited to hear that the girls are on their way to your beautiful country! Just heard that the most recent photos of them will be posted asap! Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Luzy

--
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  6:28:40 PM  Show Profile
yes Lucy, I am excited about it too. Love your little saying at the bottom of your comment. I can relate to that ;)
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  11:58:33 PM  Show Profile
I don't know how i missed this . I didn't know there was a forum for the Traveling Farmgirls.
I had them the first part of December and would have posted something when I sent them on. So sorry.
The girls had a great time at my place. They went to our yearly bazaar and had their picture taken with our Farmgirl Chapter "The Feed, Seed and Weed Farmgirls.
They spent time on my sheep farm and went out to the pasture and had their picture taken with my sheep and the ewes told them about their lambs that would be born in a month or so.
I made scarves for them so they would keep warm while they traveled.I did a journal page with some photos.It was great fun to have them here.
Now that I know this is here I can keep track of them , LOL

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  12:11:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm sad to know the dolls were in Washington and didn't make it to my house. I thought sure I was on the list!

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Traveling Mascot Doll Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page