FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  07:28:48 AM  Show Profile
Handmaiden, I did not receive any kind of confirmation as to my name being on the list. I had chimed in on page two. Due to the pop-up blocker here at work I cannot disable it which means I can't send you an email either. If there is anyway you can access my info and email me, that would be great because I think it would be great fun to participate. Thanks for being one of the organizers of yet another great project for us all to do together.
Blessings on all your endeavors and creativity.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  10:27:39 AM  Show Profile

Treasured Farmgirls!!
MaryJane, Clare, Carol and I have been talking about the disarray and confusion surrounding all of the mailing lists. Nothing is more discouraging than chaos. It is our job to keep this all running smoothly. We're coming up with a plan and we'll let you know you soon!!
love ya'll,
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  5:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Brilliant idea!!!That will make things nice and easy Cindylou.
Pleased it is your headache and not mine :) But I will support you in spirit.
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  6:03:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls!

Cindylou had to dash out early, and she asked if I would post this letter from her. ~Carol

The Farmgirl Posse Rides Again!!
Clare, in her moderator capacity, myself, MaryJane, and Carol are developing an upgrade to the features on our forum.

We love the projects that are exploding on the forum! You fabulous farmgirls are participating in mail art, making blankets for the needy, creating mail art, aprons, quilts, and dolls that travel. You are tireless in your efforts to give of yourselves to others.

I have a lot of experience in organizing round robins, since I organized the travels of the Premiere magazine and journal. Thirty worn copies of the Premiere magazine have traveled to over 450 farmgirls at heart along with journals that came back fabulously and elaborately decorated. It took bundles of time and organization. I’m pleased as punch to call projects like that part of my “job”!!

Now if I coordinated the travels of the traveling Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls, they could return to the farm after visiting say 8-10 farmgirls. They’ll have lots of new clothes, accessories and stories by then. Carol and MaryJane will take pictures to post so you can all see the dolls. Some of the pictures might even show up in upcoming magazines. Typical of girls, the dolls will need new wardrobes fairly often, so after they’ve rested and recuperated ~ tee hee~ I’ll send them out again pronto. As I learned with the Premiere Tour, it’s a lot of tracking and nudging to keep things traveling along. I can plan for the dolls to return for Farm Fair next July so you can visit them when you come.

We’ve noticed that several new farmgirls on the forum are feeling lost because some of the conversations are quite lengthy. They can’t easily find a central spot to sign up for any of the projects that are going on. Nothing confuses and discourages farmgirls like chaos! MaryJane has gone to great effort and expense to create the Forum and I know you all appreciate it. We’d like to keep MaryJane-related adventures right here on the Farmgirl Connection Forum and not send our farmgirls off to other websites; it just gets too confusing.

We want to tie some secure “apron strings” around the mail lists by having them originate from the farm in order to protect everyone and their information. We’ll organize a master list for each wonderful, bright, and original “traveling” and “exchange” venue that is created.

Soon we’ll gather up all the lists. You’ll be able to sign up on whichever lists suit your fancy. In the near future you’ll simply e-mail ~ quilts@maryjanesfarm.org, dolls@maryjanesfarm.org, buttons@maryjanesfarm.org, aprons@maryjanesfarm.org, mailart@maryjanesfarm.org, birthdays@maryjanesfarm.org, books@maryjanesfarm.org, etc. Then we’ll e-mail back to ask a few pertinent questions and get your address and phone number. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativeness and leave the “worries” to us! We have the technical experience at working out the “bugs” on mail lists and organizing “traveling” journals, etc.

Thanks for your understanding, farmgirls and guys! Watch for more details soon.

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  07:23:13 AM  Show Profile
Maryjane,Cindylou,Carol and Clare - Thank you for putting your heads together on this one!! Sounds like a plan that works and makes perfect,SIMPLE sense. What doesn't make sense is someone else trying to recreate the wheel when you've already done it for us...you can't ask for more support than that! Home base should be "the" farm.

Cindylou, just let me know when and i'll email the list of farmgirls who want to be involved so far. As you can tell we are all very excited!

Have a relaxing week-end and we look forward to more news soon

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund

Edited by - The Handmaiden on Aug 27 2005 08:34:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  10:20:46 AM  Show Profile
That is a splendid idea. And I agree with Kim, it truly makes much more sense for it to originate from MJFarm. I'm not so new any longer, but it still gets a bit confusing sometimes as to who is doing what. We all know who the Moscow gals are and this system keeps everyting "home-based." Praise the Lord another blessing in the works! We really appreciate the organization and encouragement that comes from MJFarm for all the projects, ideas, commaraderie, widom and friendships that flow so generously from one farmgirl to another on this forum. I send my sincere and personal thanks to everyone.

God bless you all in all that you do.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  04:55:35 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Well I just sent my name to Kim...but I wanted to say hi to her anyway...her being a fellow Louisiana Farmgirl...Kim email me! We need to meet up! So anyway...Cindylou,you have my name!

Blessings to you all!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  12:41:52 PM  Show Profile

Hi Kim, Lynda, Susan and all the rest of the traveling doll farmgirls!
I believe that Luanne and Kim will send us the names of the farmgirls that have already signed up for this wonderful project.
Please note the Mail List Sign Up "bubble" on the Farmgirl Connection sign up page, right next to the picture of the darling little girl.
Take a look ~ This gives us one central spot to gather names for mailing lists and include information for all of the various traveling projects.
Susan dahlin', it would be best if you could sign up on the Mail List page if you wouldn't mind. I did put your name down, however, it is really best if we have all the names entered in one place. As much as I try to keep up with you gals on the forum, there are so many conversations and I wouldn't want to miss anybody.
Thanks ya'll!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  11:43:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Just a quick update on "the girls"(Traveling Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette Meggie Rae dolls). They're ALL FINISHED!!! I'll send them off in the mail tomorrow to CindyLou at the farm. I'm hoping she will receive them by Saturday, but I'm not sure since they'll be leaving from Colorado. Also, I'm finishing up a tote bag for them to travel in. I've left it sorta plain, incase anyone wants to add decorations to it. Hope you all have fun with "the girls". They were lots of fun to make! Love you guys! Luzy
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  12:01:16 PM  Show Profile

Luzy dahlin', thank you so much for hand crafting the Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls!! MaryJane is thrilled that they will be traveling to the farm this week, with their very own traveling tote bag.
The "girls" will enjoy a little visit here at the farm before they begin their travels. I know they are looking forward to seeing the fall colors and will enjoy the cooler weather for traveling. We'll be sure they have warm clothes. Farmgirls in northern Idaho are well equipped with many "layers" as the mornings are cold, by noon it's hot, then going into very cool evenings.
I look forward to receiving the package. Thank you again Luanne for creating not only the idea of the traveling mascot dolls, but for making them. I know everyone is anxious to show them around their own home towns!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2005 :  07:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies,

What fun this website has been!! I love the enthusiasm of everyone here and there contentment with the simple things in life. I emailed my contact info to the mailing list and would be thrilled to host the dolls. I own a yoga studio and will make sure the girls practice there relaxation breathing while visiting. Had a student who brought Flat Stanely to class once for his nephew and we got a pic of him in a headstand. What fun!!

"Breathe in the Sunshine"
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  1:35:53 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls!!

MaryJane is pleased to announce that you can now sign up to be on our mailing lists for all the various Farmgirl Connection projects … from traveling aprons, books, buttons, charm squares, dolls, and quilts to sharing mail art, birthdays and recipes.

We’re now ready and willing to gather up all your mailing lists for these projects and manage them here at the farm. Just click on the “Sign up for Farmgirl Connection Projects” link from the Farmgirl Connection opening page to see descriptions of all the traveling projects.

Sign up for the projects that suit your fancy. Then we'll e-mail back to ask a few pertinent questions and get your address and phone number. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativity!

I know there is some confusion, as the mailing lists were started on the forum and are now managed here at the farm. If you’re curious to know if you’re already on a list, please contact Kate@maryjanesfarm.org and she’ll be happy to check for you. Take it Kate! …

---------
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Kate Edwards and I’m a new member of the MaryJanesFarm crew (oh how exciting!!). I grew up just north of Spokane in a little town called Riverside with my Mom (Teri), Dad (Steve) and little sis (Allie). After high school I went to Eastern Washington University, where I studied Communications. Throughout my life, I’ve always been the kind of person to follow life’s little paths wherever they decide to take me, and this past spring my path took an exciting turn. I was introduced to MaryJane’s son, Emil, at my mom's spring antique show (The Farm Chicks Antique Show and Open Marketplace). The next thing I knew, my weekends were full of visiting the farm in Moscow to see my new boyfriend (oh how fun it is to be a girl!!). Then just this past week, MaryJane offered me the delightful job of organizing the mail lists for all the fun farmgirl projects on the forum and to run MaryJane’s Bed & Breakfast. I couldn’t pass it up!! What an amazing dream this has all become. Now that you all know a little about me, it's time for me to learn all about you. Can't wait to chat with you all soon!!
---------

Other new forum features:

We’ve added a section for Farmgirl Chapters on our website. Our new web features allow you to sign up to Start a Chapter, do a Chapter Search to find and communicate with neighboring chapters, read a recent Newsletter, sign up for a Traveling Journal, and attend a Farmgirl Campout Convention. We’ll also be able to add new pages as new ideas are created.

The Farmgirl Connection is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds thanks to Clare, Eileen and all the fabulous farmgirls at heart that are gathered here! The strong ties of friendship are held together by all our apron strings!! Thank you all for participating in the Farmgirl Connection!

Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  4:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Just in!!! Photos of Farmer MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae

Hi there MaryJane! It was sure good to see you the other night (and your dolls) at your book signing in Bellevue! Donna and I were just thrilled to spend a few moments with you and Meg, and get a little bit caught up on things from Moscow. We are so proud of you MaryJane....if anyone deserves to be successful and make a go of it...well that would be you! I was an active part of your farm for only a short time, but I have always treasured it! Like I told you, I have embarrassed Donna on several occasions by taking a long, deep smell of your wonderful food while shopping at REI and reminiscing the early days when us Farmgirls were working hard everyday, and coming back for more each morning to see what would blossom out of our work. I was happy to hear that you still have my spinning log! But, I am absolutely tickled PINK that you would consider naming a cow after me! Hope you enjoy the pics....they are a bit grainy from the fluorescent lights in the bookstore, but fun! Donna and I are looking forward to taking you up on a night in the tent and around the campfire next summer! Tell Nick that we said howdy! Yee Haw....You Go Girl!
Rebecca Jean & Donna

AND...
Here are some photos of the dolls taken with their creator Luanne (Luzy) before they left for their adventures.
www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-connection/dolls.asp
If you would like to have MaryJane and MeggieRae visit you, sign up at dolls@maryjanesfarm.org.
Next on their travels? New York City. Stay tuned for more photos.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  3:30:31 PM  Show Profile
The dolls are precious!!! Oh Luz you did such a beautiful job! I signed up for them way back when, do I still need to re-sign for them on the website??

Can't wait to host them in Beaver Dam, WI!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  6:39:37 PM  Show Profile
Molly, You are on the orginal list, so you don't have to re-sign. The same is true for all of you who sent your address to me. They have been sent on to Kate at the farm.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

giveGodtheglory
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tammy
Edmonton AB
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  7:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see giveGodtheglory's MSN Messenger address  Send giveGodtheglory a Yahoo! Message
Is this still going? I tried to send an email to the addy and got a message saying that it wasn't a real email address.

God bless!

0_o
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  09:56:35 AM  Show Profile

Good morning farmgirls! We all welcome you to the Farmgirl Connection Tammy!! It is fun getting to know yet another neighboring Canadian farmgirl at heart!!
Tammy ~ please send your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number to dolls@maryjanesfarm.org Kate will answer your e-mail and happily include you in the adventures of the traveling dolls. Just click on the "Sign-up for Farmgirl Connection projects" link on the Farmgirl Connection opening page.
Thank you!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

giveGodtheglory
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tammy
Edmonton AB
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  7:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see giveGodtheglory's MSN Messenger address  Send giveGodtheglory a Yahoo! Message
Kk, I tried again. I hope it doesn't come back this time :(

Thanks for the welcome ^_^

God bless!

0_o
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  08:28:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Clare! Just thought I'd pass along the info that I have about the dolls. They are at the farm getting ready for their adventures. Kim, the Handmaiden made a beautiful journal to go along with them and it was to arrive at the farm last week. So, I'm assuming they will be heading out very shortly. It's all too exciting!! Have a wonderful day! Love and hugs, Luzy

May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  1:47:30 PM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirls! Thanks Clare and Luzy ~ Farmer MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae have been resting here at the farm since returning from their six day trip to New York City. As soon as the journal arrives, Kate will add the photos to the journal and send them on their merry way! They will be wearing their new aprons just in case they need to cook along the way!!
Luzy and Kim are THE BEST!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  10:09:36 AM  Show Profile

Great news farmgirls!!
Kim's journal for the traveling dolls has arrived!!!

It is just beautiful! We'll add pictures of the dolls travels to Seattle (for a booksigning with MaryJane and Megan) and to New York City. MaryJane will take pictures of the journal so you can all see Kim's handwork. Carol will post a link when the pictures are ready.
MaryJane found an antique traveling trunk for the dolls. It is covered with old travel stickers and seems perfect for Farmer MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae's travels. We hope you'll add stickers, too. Kim has included a map so you can add a star along with the name of your city.
We'll send the farmgirls out traveling soon!! You'll be hearing from Kate with all the particulars when we do!
Thank you Kim and Luanne for your creative gifts!!!!! You are both very much appreciated by all of us farmgirls here at the farm!!
love,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  10:25:29 AM  Show Profile
Just In!!! Pictures of the Farmer MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae!! There are now up dated pictures of their Seattle trip and the adventure to NYC!!! OOH How Cute!!
www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-connection/dolls.asp

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  11:00:46 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

An antique travelling trunk for the dolls. This is just soooo cute! Looks to me like we are developing the Farm Girl version of the American Girl doll series.

Mary Jane Food for thought here. How about developing a whole line of handmade dolls, clothes and accessories based on a rural perspective? Could have different eras, ethnicities etc. Could also have one of the individual titles that you are developing focus on making period dolls or even a line of books for girls that tells the stories of different girls living in rural areas at different times in history. They of course would all have to be farm girls so that American Girls would not claim that you had stolen their concept. There are many other series similar to this for girls; one example is the Royal Diary series that features different princesses living in a variety of countries throughout history. This series is very popular with girls 10-13 years.

Connie (always brainstorming)

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  7:11:08 PM  Show Profile
I'd love a set!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  7:21:07 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE those pics...I can hardly wait for the fabulous farmgirl duo to land in Kansas! Will show the "girls" some midwest down home hospitality!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Traveling Mascot Doll Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page