mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  07:36:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi MaryJane! So wonderful to see you post here! We love you!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  08:51:35 AM  Show Profile
Count me in!!!!! This will be too much fun!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  12:04:02 PM  Show Profile
How fun! I would like to be included

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  2:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane, thanks for the visit to give us your nod of approval. We can't wait to send the MJ doll to you first for a photo op at the farm and then on her way she'll go. I'm soo excited about another new book. You are 2 sweet and we are ever grateful for all you share with us. love and blessings to you.

Farmgirls, don't forget to send me your address via email so you will be added to the list. and do we HAVE to call her "Flat Maryjane"? The real MJ is too cute and sweet for her doll to have that name. Any thoughts? Maryjane, did you have a nick name growing up? Maybe we could use that?

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  3:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Ms. MaryJane Farmgirl traveller.
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  4:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Ms. MaryJane Farmgirl, Adventurer Extraordinare!
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  5:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls! Well first of all thanks MaryJane for your nod of approval. It was a kick in the pants(in a good way) to hear from the Queen Bee!! What fun! Sooooo with the hubby out of town and the critters all taken care of, I've had a wonderful day of sewing. Flat MaryJane(her name for now) is coming to life. I have all of her parts sewn and stuffed. Now I just have to assemble her, do her hair and dress her and she'll be off on her adventures. Kim is nice enough to make the journal for us and assemble the mailing list. I'd like to thank her again for helping out. Please contact her with your mailing info. as soon as possible. This is going to be so much fun!!! Talk to you soon, I've gotta go SEW!!Luzy
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  9:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
How about calling her "Queen Bee" or "Traveling Queen Bee" or spell it "Queen Bea" since that is MJ's handle on here?
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  06:01:40 AM  Show Profile
Our cameras are ready for her arrival...green carpet, peony petals, clarkia bugles! .......for naming her......with all these ready nimble fingers....how about....a mother-daughter pair???? We could be "Farmgirl MaryJane" and "Farmerette MeggieRae." Meg did travel with me on my book tour--keeping me propped up as in limp, prone, "flat" at times!!!! The two of us head out again mid-Sept. Eventually "we" could travel everywhere and I could just stay home!!! I've also been thinking about the different mail lists needed here: mail art, dolls, quilt blocks, etc. If you need us to help with that (after all, we do have dozens of computers here), let us know. Cindylou figured out a mail list and labels for our premiere tour. I'm sure we could figger somethin' up. Ain't no thing but a chicken wing. (Loved that!!!!)
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  07:54:16 AM  Show Profile
oh, i like that mother-daughter idea. my 12 year old has been reading over my shoulder the last few days and helping me with getting some of my buttons ready to go out. i was so pleased when she asked if she could join the button glutton list! so we have a new member.

love the idea. when are we getting started?

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  2:06:50 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

How exciting to hear from you, Mary Jane; you are such an inspiration.
Whenever I am feeling hot, tired, discouraged, out of money etc as I try to build my little 6.5 acre farm in Texas, I think of you and know that there is indeed HOPE.

Hope to meet you one day. Please plan a tour to Texas real soon, ya hear!

This is so exciting. Mail Art, Travelling Mary Janes and Megs, Books--the Sky is the limit.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  2:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Great idea Mary jane.
Would love to make the daughter if help is needed there.
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  2:56:16 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait, we need to figure a web site/blog for pics of them in their visited habitats, I can't wait to take their pics with my old folks at work, they will love it!!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  3:18:56 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Wonder if we could add our travelling doll photos etc to the newly created Sisterhood of the Travelling Art website. I guess that "TRAVELLING" would be the unifying theme.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  5:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Luzy here.I'd love to make a Farmerette MeggieRae to accompany Farmgirl MaryJane. I just need to know in general .....what does she look like? What color is her hair and how does she wear it? How does she dress( jeans, dresses, overalls, etc.)? Is she the same height as MaryJane? Think thats all I need for now. This is so much fun! Farmgirl MaryJane had a mishap this afternoon. She became a DOG TOY!!!! I was sewing at the dinner table today, cleared my sewing mess away so we could have dinner and I put the doll on the end table near Akiva's toy box. Big Mistake. Next thing I hear my husband yelling NOOOOOOOOO!! By the time I ran upstairs to find out what all the drama was about, my husband was holding a limp MaryJane, hair all akimbo (I just love that word)and Akiva waiting to play catch. Lance was able to do CPR and revive poor MaryJane. He'll be coughing up stuffing for a week. Anyway she's fine, just minus a few strands of hair!! She's a tough ol' gal! All that's left to do is dress her and I can start on her daughter. Gotta go sew!!
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  7:12:52 PM  Show Profile
LUZY!!! how funny! sounds like MJ's adventures are already off and running...literally! As for Meg, well, from her pictures she is soooo pretty. (apple didn't fall far from the tree) she's in most of the magazines, but darker hair than her mom. she's a new bride and a writer, so she needs a pencil in her pocket and a picture of her hubby...oh no! the next thing ya know, you'll have to do one of him, cause he won't want to stay on the farm without her. Sounds like we may need a trunk.and like you're having fun. From my end we have 27 farmgirls signed up!!!

MaryJane, I keep thinking about you and Meg going thru your doll clothes and as creative as this bunch is I bet she heads home with a whole wardrobe. I can just see her in your pink robe!

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  9:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Maybe we could get her on the Ellen DeGeneres show...
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  9:45:09 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering who we need to contact to get on the list?! This sounds like so much fun!

Blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  10:48:36 AM  Show Profile

Hi Farmgirls!! Oh, MaryJane and I absolutely love your ideas! Thank you for creating the traveling dolls and organizing their travels. Luanne and Kim are awesome!!

We will create a link in the forum to pages of pictures of the dolls as they travel. That way as new farmgirls at heart join the forum daily they will be able to see them, too. MaryJane has gone to great effort and expense to create the Forum and I know that you all appreciate that. We'd like to keep MaryJane related adventures right here on the Farmgirl Connection Forum and not send our farmgirls off to other websites.

What fun! I saw the movie Amelie and loved the traveling gnome. My kids are all in their 20's so Flat Stanley is new to me ~ what a great way to teach kids about geography and their neighbors all over the country. We can't wait to have the traveling dolls visit the farm!!
love to you all!
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Kim - I cannot send emails from this site, but I want my address on the travelling MeggieRae list. Could I get you to send me an email and then I can reply to you?

And the Ellen Degeneres show idea! Yes!
Thanks so much -
jpbluesky
Heartland Girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 24 2005 12:08:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:17:10 PM  Show Profile

Dear Kim and Luanne,
May I jump in here for a moment?? The MaryJane and Meggie Traveling Doll project is absolutely wonderful and will be very well-received. Can I offer my help?? Perhaps you gals could e-mail me and I could keep track of the list. I know there are only 27 farmgirls who want to participate now, but it could become a bigger task than Kim and Luanne anticipate. The Premiere magazine round robin traveled eventually to 470 farmgirls at heart.
I will e-mail Kim and Luanne and see what they think.
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:31:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Missy, To join in on the traveling dolls just click on The Handmaiden and email Kim your address. She's making up the mailing list. She's such a sweety pie to help out!
As for the Ellen show...what a hoot that would be! It's a wacky enough idea, she might like it! Let's see what sort of adventures the girls have.
I think we'll go with MaryJanes suggestion for names. Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae. Sound Good?
Also, thanks MaryJane and CindyLou for the kind words and the info. for posting the dolls travels and photos. It's gonna be great!! What fun to be able to track their journey on the website.
I've been running errands all day so now I'm gonna go stitch! Love ya all, Luzy
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:49:27 PM  Show Profile

Hi Luzy! We can't wait to see the Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls! You and Kim are very industrious energetic farmgirls!! I have e-mailed Kim today to answer questions. Please do let me know if I can help in anyway. If your lists get to big to manage, I'd be happy to help.
It will be fun to see the adventures of the traveling dolls! You make me proud being a farmgirl from my home state and all!!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  06:09:52 AM  Show Profile
bluesky, i've gotten your info from the mail art list! couldn't figure out how to email you from your profile. so excited your on the list and all you other farmgirls too! I have taken the emails AND the names off this post of all those who want to participate and you should have had an email in reply to confirm you are on the list. the only 2 i don't have info on is joyiowa and greyghost, so you girls send me your address, ok?

I can hardly wait for the girls to be on their way! does anyone remember that Ricky Nelson song, "Travelin' Man"? the tune keeps going thru my head...will have to change the words tho to " we're the travelin' gals....". anyone else hummin'?

cindylou, thank you for all your suggestions and offer to help. jump in any time! i'll digest the info and i'm sure will have more questions as we get closer to departure time. you're the best!

i gotta get busy on the scrapbook/journal if it's gonna be ready when Luzy finishes the girls. Luanne, Bless you honey & BIG, BIG, thanks and hugs for all your hard work.

lovin' all this excitement, support, creative ideas and JOY!...warm in my heart!

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  06:21:08 AM  Show Profile
Kim - thank you!