BillieKay
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

BillieKay
Centennial Wyoming
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  3:28:59 PM  Show Profile
OH MY does it hurt. I had 2 ruptured disks that were cutting off the nerves in my left leg. So I had surgery on Thursday. I cannot believe how much it hurts. Sorry to whine. I couldn't go to the reunion in Idaho this week. I sent my 11 year old daughter to be my eyes. She is having a ball there. She's bringing back plums for a cake. She has been working in Aunt Dianes garden (my little farmgirl!!) My family is coming through here to drop her off Sunday or Monday. Hope they don't mind a disheveled house. I so wish I could have gone. I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear my little girls stories.
Bright Blessings
BillieKay

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  3:47:44 PM  Show Profile
Whine away! We are here to listen! I'm sorry to hear about your back. Hoping there is someone home to help you?? I hope the pain will be worth it in the long run.

If I were closer I'd come by every day to help you!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  7:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I can definitely empthize, BillyKay - it turns out I have a herniated disk. So knowing you have 2 of the worst-case scenarios, I can only imagine how bad it hurts - but I have an idea.

The spasms are the worst part, when you need help to go to the bathroom, and are crying from the pain. Of course, being stuck flat doesn't help either when you look out at your neglected gardens!

Hope you are better soon - and they gave you REALLY NICE meds!!! :)

Edited by - greyghost on Aug 13 2005 7:08:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  7:06:53 PM  Show Profile
My husband had back surgery a few years back and wow..it does hurt..I hope you heal rapidly and that it works. My husbands surgery was such a big difference in his life...he had been in pain constantly for several years. They did his surgery through the front...(which I found really odd, but I guess that was the way they did his particular type) and so he was sort of messed up in all his systems for a little while. I really hope you have help at home too!! I wish there was something we could all do to help. You are for sure in my prayers for a speedy recovery!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  7:21:26 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are with ya BillieKay...pain is so hard to deal with... You have many sympathetic and empathetic ears here...We are with ya Babe! Jenny

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  7:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Billiekay,

I hear you loud and clear! I had a ruptured disc fixed in 2003. Also causing problems with the left leg. OUCH! Just going potty was a challenge! tee-hee! Get better soon!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  02:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Sending hugs and prayers your way BillieKay along with wishes for a speedy and complete recovery! Take care of you and feel better soon! Ü

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page

Lazycreek
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Charlee
Mt Ida AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  11:18:22 AM  Show Profile
Here is wishing you a very speedy recovery. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Please take care.

Charlee

Believe in the power of your dreams
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Just had back surgery Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page