Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Safe deoderant and other products that work!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Safe deoderant and other products that work! Next Topic  

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  9:49:26 PM  Show Profile
I am looking for a make your own type recipe or a reccomendation of a brand for deoderant that doesn't have aluminum, and really truely works. I have one of those crystal sticks, but I didn't like it, I really like the Melaleuca deoderant I am using now but I am thinking about quitting it and making my cleaners on my own... and I can't make my quota without buying the cleaners, SOOOOooooo.. I need to start coming up with some safe stuff that I like to replace the products of theirs that I currently use...

I could also use a safe toothpaste either a recipe or a company reccomendation is fine.. and a safe laundry detergent that works well...

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  11:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bobbi, Tom's of Maine has wonderful stuff. You might try looking at that line to see what they have for deoderant. And Jason makes a good one too. Hope this helps.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

BillieKay
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

BillieKay
Centennial Wyoming
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  11:20:04 PM  Show Profile
This may sound funny but my favorite "pit sticks" are Weleda diaper cream or Burt's Bees diaper cream. They really do work well. I had tried everything and wasn't satisfied until I stumbled upon this. They smell good too.
Blessings,
BillieKay
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  03:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Bobbi, Try a DEODORANT STONE (salt, make sure it's with no aluminum)
I used to use all the name brand deodorants and anti-perspirants. they would work for a few days then I'd have to switch because I'd REEK by the end of the day.
The salt has been great, my husband uses it too and we have been happy with results and the economy of the stone, one stone lasts us about 8 to 10 months!
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  9:43:41 PM  Show Profile
I made my own deoderant today and it works great it is a variation of something I found on the web with a personal touch to it.

ok, I started with enough baking soda and water to make a paste, added some corn starch and a little more water, broke open a vitamin E capsule and dumped that in there, sliced off an end from one of our aloe vera plants and mixed the gel from that in there, added a small drop of tea tree oil, and also added a drop of green tea extract. It is very soothing, and smells very fresh and best of all it works well!!! YAY!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  9:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Hee Hee! I like the diaper cream idea! I use body sprays. They have alcohol which kills the stinky germs plus they smell good. It has worked great for me. Because it also has water in it , it doesn't sting after shaving. I have a friend that uses straight rubbing alcohol. I want to try to make my own with essensial oils.

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  08:46:15 AM  Show Profile
A friend of mine made her own deodorant and it sounds really cool. I haven't tried it yet but I am going to. Here's her recipe:

2 teaspoons shea butter
1 teaspoon of a cornstarch and baking soda mixture (I had mixed some of this up before its about 60% cornstarch 40% baking soda)
20 drops of jojoba oil
4 drops of lavender EO
2 drops of tea tree oil

She stated that she used about a pea sized amount under each arm.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Safe deoderant and other products that work! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page