Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  09:43:13 AM  Show Profile
What is your experience with Ebay? Have you bought anything? Sold anything? Had problems with a seller?

I know some people who have used it, and think it's great. I'm still wary...

Lori

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  09:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Lori,
I use it all the time. One lady who is sepcialized into sellin feedsack has become a great freind of mine and our friend here, Feedsack4ever, used to see her fares on it. The sellers are great usually and if you need explanations or more details or extra pics, they will help you by providing them. It is a great source for old items, quilt fabric. Let us know when you try and what you think about it, I am sure you will find it an enjoyable experience.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  09:52:04 AM  Show Profile
Lori I use e-bay all the time, mostly buying but some selling. Just check the sellers feedback before buying.
kathy
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
I agree with what Kathy said, check seller's feedback & if you can set up a paypal acct. it's about the most secure way to pay. I've had good results, not w/o some bumps, but most sellers will go out of their way to smooth any bumps along the way as it affects their feedback results and ultimately their sales.

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:46:02 AM  Show Profile
I too have never had a problem and have bought lots of quilt fabric, sewing machine needles (way cheaper than retail), books, garden seeds, etc. The only problem I ever had was some seed pods that were crushed in transit (not the seller's fault), but they quickly replaced them anyway.
What Chandra says is true...if a seller sells an inferior product and gets negative feedback, it is there for all to see and ultimately no one will buy from them.
Also, if you set up a PayPal account, they offer some guarantee of satisfaction as well. My SIL bought a jacket that was misrepresented and not at all what he had bid on. PayPal refunded his money and went after the seller on his behalf.
Di
Farmgirl Sister #73
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  3:16:00 PM  Show Profile
I use ebay quite often, mostly to buy and I've also have never had a problem...I usually go with sellers who have 99.9 or 100% feedback, so it's never a problem....it's good because you can actually read feedback comments, and if you feel wary or uncomfortable with the seller, you don't have to buy their product.

For the most part, it seems to me that most seller's will take the extra step to keep the transaction smoothe, because they want good feedback. Good luck!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

www.bigtownfarmer.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  4:42:28 PM  Show Profile
I dont use it much anymore but used to all the time as both a buyer and a seller. I only once had issues with a seller but paypal took care of it. I also once had a buyer say I had never shipped an item and had never contacted them. I tried several times to contact them with no respose ans had delivery confirmaion showing they had received the box. If you sell ALWAYS do delivery confirmation. That tracing number is your only proof if something goes wrong.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  9:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lori!
I both buy & sell on eBay and really like it. I've had about 400 transactions and never had a bad experience. But like others have said, I really try to deal with only those sellers with high feedback. Overall, it has been such a positive experience for me. I have done quite well selling my primitive dolls & stitcheries there. Many feel that the fees are a bit high and they certainly can be if your items don't sell because you must pay the listing fees whether or not your item sells. However, I have just opened a shop at etsy and intend to use both venues to sell my handwork.

eBay has some really nice free tutorials to introduce their program. That is how I learned to use it.

Best wishes

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:00:06 AM  Show Profile
I've been buying and selling on Ebay over the past 11 years. My id is dreamkingdom. You just need to always read descriptions and all the details and ask questions prior to bidding then you'll do just fine. I've never had any trouble and have a total feedback of over 800 if you look at all of them. I think 575 is what shows up beside my id name.

Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  08:00:35 AM  Show Profile
I've used ebay several times, including to purchase my four-shaft loom from Canada. It was a breeze, the sellers are all great so far, and I can watch for a few days before I actually jump in and bid. My latest purchase was a couple of weeks ago where I bought an enamelware dish that was unusual - it was 13 x 9 and divided in the middle. There were actually three pieces in the set and was a great buy at $3.00. Yes, I paid extra for shipping, but it came out to roughly $5.00 for each piece. I couldn't have done that at a flea market! You just have to watch, set a limit for yourself, and stick to it. If you don't get that one, I promise, another will come along! Good luck if you decide to jump in to ebay!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  09:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I've had great success with ebay in buying and not so great with selling!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  2:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I've bought on ebay a lot, Lori. I've only had two dealers cheat me. One was a local person...that was a surprise...they were from a 'better' area of town. But that was early in my buying days, and I should have read her feedback. The truth was in there. The other person was a storefront type of thing where they take consignments and sell them. Their feedback was good. Go figure. But out of nearly 150 transactions, I'm okay with that. Sometimes packing can be an issue on a breakable item. But I've bought lots of vintage items(door knobs and hardware from a 1920's hotel) to use on my old farmhouse in the restoration. It's been a fantastic resource for me. It's like a world wide candy store and I'm the little kid. :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Have you ever used Ebay? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page