Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Breton Style Straw Hats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Breton Style Straw Hats Next Topic  

Marta
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Marta
Lake Point Utah
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  07:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Salutations!
I have not been successful in finding the 'famous' MaryJane straw hat. I have looked online but I only find the fancy navy blue colored ones.
Please lend a hand and direct me to a good resource to purchase.
It is much appreciated.
~Marta

smiles 'n' sunshine

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  09:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marta, Here's a link to a website I found. Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=H&Product_Code=L521OS

Kay

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

Marta
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Marta
Lake Point Utah
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  3:37:06 PM  Show Profile
Kay, Wow! You have great reflexes! Thanks for the website the hat looks like a perfect match. Thank you for your kindly support.
Marta

smiles 'n' sunshine
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  4:36:12 PM  Show Profile
Marta, you're welcome. I was glad to find the sight because I want one too! I need something to protect my head and face from the sun but want the hat to look good too! Let me know if you get one.

Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  07:59:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! That hat is fabulous!Thanks for the link. I believe I'll be getting one myself!
Go to Top of Page

Robinwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Robin
Blacksburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  08:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Robinwolf an AOL message
Hi - I found a great hat at this site: http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=333G&dir_id=832&group_id=877&cat_id=5835&subcat_id=6865&feature_id=18
My head is large (24" around) which is larger than the normal head size of about 22", and so I have never been able to find a hat that fits me. I was searching one day, and found www.orvis.com and searched for women's hats and came upon this packable straw hat. I called their customer service (did NOT have to wait on hold at all), and a wonderful woman answered and I asked about the size of the hat - it was a Saturday and she said that the workers in the packing area were not working, but she would check on it and have someone call me on Monday. I hung up and thought oh sure, I'll bet nobody will call me. Imagine my surprise when they did indeed call me on Monday morning. They had measured the inside of the hat and it measured 25" around - therefore it WOULD fit me! I ordered the hat right away, and they said they would send a return envelope and label just in case it did not fit. They were so nice to deal with. Well, the hat fits fine, and I feel "just like MaryJane in it". It is a wonderful hat and I'll probably order a second one from them. They were exceptional to deal with and I can heartily recommend their company - and of course, no affiliation, yada yada.
Robin, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

Let the beauty we love be what we do. -- Rumi--
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  10:32:32 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad you posted this Robin!! I lhave a bigger than usual head (plus very thick hair) too and it seems hats never fit me either!! So..I will have to order one like you did..hooray!! I really want to be a hat person..but end up giving away every hat I get since they are just too small!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  9:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Robin, Thanks for posting the link for the hat! I've been looking for one like this that is also easy to pack. Orvis is a great place to buy stuff.

Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Breton Style Straw Hats Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page