Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Thanksgiving Fire Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Thanksgiving Fire Update Next Topic
Page: of 3

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  5:52:07 PM  Show Profile
This woman, if we ever lost her we would feel so much pain. When I finally tracked her down this morning she had a smile on her face and asked me if I had a winter hat she could have as hers burned up. I needed some information from her so I could set up an account for donations and she was having a hard time getting her Drivers License out, then apologized to me because she had frostbite on her fingers and they weren't working well. She also has burns and frostbite on her feet that she got when she tried to run back into her home to get her backpack which has the keys to almost all the major buildings in Idaho City that she cleans everyday. The smoke overwhelmed her and she had to retreat. Her only complaint "I lost all my books."

God doesn't make them any finer that Miss Candace and those who call her friend are some of the luckiest souls on earth. God only made one of her.

I am sorry, I must stop now because my tears are not stopping, this is too fresh right now. Tomorrow I will post a list and regroup.

And bless all of you who want to help. I guess things happen for a reason and in time we will know the reason behind this.

Please check back on this update site tomorrow. There will be an article in the Idaho Statesman tomorrow and I talked with the woman doing the article. She wants to revisit this at a later time to follow up on the idea that things happen for a reason.

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  6:15:04 PM  Show Profile
R0se,
Just finished reading the 0ther thread and saw this 0ne.
Hugs t0 y0u and all 0ur Idah0 sisters, especially t0 Candance.
I am s0 very glad she is still with y0u all. What a preci0us gift.
Will keep checking back and let the tears c0me, they need t0.
Car0l Sue

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  6:45:50 PM  Show Profile
I just finished talking to Candace and took her a few frying pans, tomatoes and some other food. Candace is vegan and she really needs spices and herbs for cooking. I have a list of what she needs:
Sheets (queen)
blankets
towels
washcloths
a large cutting board
knives
pillow
blender
pots and pans
dishes
glasses
cups
spices/herbs
hairclips (the ones with a spring and big teeth)
brush/comb
cooking utensils
flatware
curtains
socks
lightbulbs

Candace lost all of her homeopathic/healing/yoga books but the ones that came to mind were:
Yoga Anatomy
All Alice Bailey Books
Materia Medica by Hahnemann

Candace said many of her books are irreplaceable but I told her you never know who might have these laying around somewhere and don't even use or want them.

I'm so glad that she got out when she did. She said one of her dogs poked her with it's nose and woke her up. The house was full of smoke and she thought that the woodstove had "burped" so she opened the damper then went outside to get some fresh air. That's when she noticed the outside of her house was in flames as well as the power pole. She went back in to retrieve things but became disoriented with the smoke. She was so lucky. The fire chief chewed her out for going back in!

If anyone wishes to send items for Candace you can send them to PO Box 215, Idaho City, ID 83631 or if you need a physical address you can send it to 419 Main St., Idaho City, ID 83631.

The po box is Candace's and the physical address is the Courthouse where Rose and I and other farmgirls work. If there is too much stuff for Candace to keep in the hotel room, I told her I had storage room at my house. She is currently directly across the street from me. So, I will see a lot more of her.

Clothes, coats, boots, shoes, etc. are covered. We have lots of that kind of stuff around here. I hope this covers everything. I hate to see her so displaced. She's handling it amazingly well and we're here if she needs us for anything.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  6:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Let your tears be glad tears, for she is still with you. You need to take a breath and let out the shock and horror. We will all be here with what ever we all can send, and of course, love and gladness for our dear Miss Candace.

She is getting help for the frostbite and burns? You have me worried.
Rose, you rest and let us know when you can

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/

EDIT: I will send a couple of boxes UPS asap. I have some pfaltzgraff dishes and some quilts and bedding that I would love her to have. Let me look through my books. If you end up with too much, please give them to charity or keep them. I'm so sorry for the books. I have a zillion books, and I love my books. This would be a terrible loss for me too.

Edited by - Annika on Nov 24 2007 12:13:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9419 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9419 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  8:25:35 PM  Show Profile
Rose,
Thank you for letting us know of this. I will be keeping Candace in prayer and if there is anything I can send I will. It is a blessing that her life was spared and she is still here. Has she been able to get taken care of for the frostbite?
Thank you for keeping us updated. I am sure she is grateful for all your help.

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  11:38:38 PM  Show Profile
I have lots of extra kitchen things I can send -- some pots and pans, baking pans and sheets, etc. I am so glad that she got out safe and sound. God was watching! Thank God for her dog.

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Farmgirl Flair Etsy Team http://farmgirlsonetsy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  12:06:30 AM  Show Profile
Rose, could you gather a list of the important books that have burned ? If somebody would have a Paypal account, I would like to send money through that means. If any of you can, please buy her a little vial of RESCUE REMEDY one of the great BACH FLOWERS, it will help her lots.
All my prayers to Candace and to all of you helping her.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  12:18:28 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking that if she could make a book wish list, we could all see what we could do. There is Amazon as well and they have many used books that are pretty obscure.

Annika

Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  12:25:45 AM  Show Profile
With all the hassle with customs, it would be much easier for me to PayPal a little something to help as well. I could even send something to MaryJane on Candace's behalf so she could have a credit with the Farm so she could purchase something she needs?? Whichever you feel is most needed. Let us know when you can.
God bless you all,
Diane

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16446 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16446 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  05:11:50 AM  Show Profile
Lisa Marie & Rose,
We have on their way to you:
sheets (queen)
comforter and quilt
towels & washcloths
down pillow
hairclips (the ones with a spring and big teeth)
curtains
instant vegan meals
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  06:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Candace and all the Mountain Farmgirls wish to thank you all for your love, support and generosity. Candace did go to the clinic for the frostbite and burns. It will just take time for her to heal. She is such an amazing person and like Rose said we are incredibly lucky to have her as a friend. I don't know how she does it, but she doesn't seem to have missed a beat in her stride. In spite of losing her home and everything in it, she's still smiling and still doing all of her jobs and still worrying about everybody else!

Corinne, is Rescue Remedy available at Walmart or is it only in health food stores?

And MaryJane, thank you for your incredible generosity and concern and the beautiful photo of Candace. I printed it out to show Candace what a beautiful picture she makes.

My Website:

Edited by - lisamarie508 on Nov 24 2007 07:02:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  07:37:36 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, it is only available in Health stores. You can order it through the internet.
Watch out for the post traumatic waves, when the fears are gone and the questions come up. I feel so sorry for this lady, but thanks God she has great friends around her.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  07:55:56 AM  Show Profile
I will send the rescue remedy today along with some herbs and spices.
Love, Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  08:00:53 AM  Show Profile
I will NEVER forget the confusion of losing everything when our house burned. It was on my due date for our third baby and we were instantly homeless and penniless (rented house-no insurance)as well as toothbrushless
It's amazing the tiny things that make everyday a day- brushing your teeth is interrupted when everything is gone.
The boxes of surprise came from a few folks(we were new to the area & not many folks knew us) helped to get us through the shock- it took weeks for the enormity to hit us.
I am going in circles trying to think what to send Candace that will bless her-
Right now prayers for those close enough to give her a hug and keep smiling and if I can get myself together I will send something as well.
Blessings!
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  08:08:22 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, I'm wrapping things up and shipping them off today. My DBF is helping too. We are scared to ask and hugging our doggies tightly. Did her doggies survive? do they need anything?

Annika

Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  08:52:34 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful outpouring of love and kindness from everyone. We will get a list of her books as soon as I can and I do have a paypal account, it is rawasham@msn.com. I did go down to Boise yesterday afternoon and opened up a Benevolent account for her. I am sure she will have expensed that we do not even realize yet.

If anyone wishes to donate, any amount no matter how small, will add up (anyone seen It Could Happen To You?). I will send any paypal accounts to the Benevolent account or if you would rather you can go to any Washington Mutual and donate to account number: Checking account 4921671437.

Candace's eye glasses melted, her dentures melted and yet she is still in good spirits. Some of you farmgirls are right, it hasn't had a chance for the full impact to hit her yet. I am thinking of vacating the clubhouse, holding meetings at my house and letting her move into the clubhouse for as long as she needs it.

Yes, all three of her dogs survived and these dogs were abandoned, after they were abused, and Candace took them in.

We will update daily between Lisa Marie and I and Red Cross did step in and give her vouchers for the glasses. Thank you all so much, there is no other group of people on the earth that have the farmgirl compassion and caring that you all have.

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  09:01:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info Corinne; and Rebekka, you're a sweetheart. I was going to head down the mountain to go find that stuff. Now, I can just concentrate on stuff going on here. I'm wondering if this will all hit Candace later after the shock wears off. We'll keep our eye on her. Thanks, Annika and everyone. Yes, Candace's dogs did survive unscathed. Yet another blessing. She so loves these dogs who were all abused by their previous owners. The owner of our gas station donated dog food. I'm not sure if they have actual "dog" dishes to eat from. Knowing Candace, she'll feed them from whatever she has handy even if it's fine china!

I tried to post the article from today's Idaho Statesman but I was having too much trouble with it. I emailed it to Alee in the hopes she could open it and post it here.

My Website:
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  09:14:17 AM  Show Profile
Rose, I just sent you money through Paypal. I will send some for the next few months. Please contact me privately on my email if I can do anything more, would help with anything.
Lisa, if I send something to the Court House, can I send it to Miss Candace, at the address you provided earlier, or do I have to address it differently ? I have no idea how to make it right.
You are being wonderfull watching upon her and her needs and we are all here to help.
Corinne

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Nov 24 2007 09:28:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  09:40:43 AM  Show Profile
Corinne you can address it to Boise County Court, Attn: Candace, 419 Main St, Idaho City, ID 83631. Since we are all there during the day, it's better that packages are delivered there rather than left on a doorstep. UPS and FedEx know us fairly well and many times deliver our personal packages to the courthouse even when addressed to our own homes because they know where we are!

My Website:
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  10:17:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Lisa, will do that tomorrow morning first thing (we are 11 hours ahead of you). I am sending a bottle of natural healing liniment that help burns to heal fast, a new apron and a few things I am thinking she might like.
Have a bright sunday ladies, you are some model of women we can look upon.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  12:22:14 PM  Show Profile
Warm and cozy things will be coming from GA this week. I will send them to the court house to your attention, Lisa.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  12:41:39 PM  Show Profile
Article in the newspaper:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/219441.html

It sends chills up my spine, thinking of her going back in and getting disoriented. What a hero Anna the dog is!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  1:28:59 PM  Show Profile
That will be wonderful, Corinne. Of course, Candace lost her aprons, too.

Karin, your warm and cozies will be great especially since we've been down to 10 the past few mornings!

Thanks for posting the link, Katie-ell. I don't know why I didn't think of that!

One of our local farmgirls, Terry, just gave Candace some really nice soup bowls, stock pot, food processor, lamp, cookie sheets and baking pans, card table and a small bookcase (for her new collection). My ds and ddl gave her a set of drinking glasses.

Candace thanks you all from the bottom of her heart.

My Website:
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  1:55:16 PM  Show Profile
I just dropped the rescue remedy, and some herbs in the mail so she should have them Monday or Tuesday...
cinnamon, nutmeg, basil from Mary Jane's Farm that I dried this summer, pesto seasoning, and I think that is it for now.
Take Care, Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  2:48:38 PM  Show Profile
The dish set that I have has a few chipped pieces and I'm sending them along as dog bowls, it should help. She can always sell the pieces on ebay eventually. They are collectible and I just don't have room for them any more. I'm glad they are going to a good person =)
You ladies are the true heart of farmgirldom, you're inspirations to me and I'm sure, many of us, thank YOU for being such deeply wonderful persons
Her dog is a true brave hero.I'm so glad that she took care of her human friend
Tell Candace that my sweetie Drew and I are glad from the bottom of our heart, to be able to help in any way and things are coming.

Blessings
Annika

Edited by - Annika on Nov 24 2007 2:56:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  4:44:57 PM  Show Profile
I read this whole post, and the newspaper article. What a story and how sad. But on the upside how wonderful the response has been to get help for her. The lovely gifts from our Mary Jane and from the girls here and her home town. Just so happy that Candace and her pups are safe.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Thanksgiving Fire Update Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page