Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello Farmgirls - I'm Finally Here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello Farmgirls - I'm Finally Here Next Topic  

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  3:10:20 PM  Show Profile
It's taken a long while, but I'm glad to be here. I'm a single Mom,2 kids, left out in the rain to rust for too many years! I've designated the coming months as my "rehab & renovation" project - otherwise known as Rebuilding Rome. I've never been too tech savvy, never done chat rooms, but I'm thinking that talking on a virtual front porch with a bunch of farmgirls is the new place to be. Currently, the kids & I are stuck in the city in the SF Bay area. My big dream is to find a little town somewhere - a place where we can garden, have a big dog, couple of chickens, actually belong to a real community of like minded folks. I've set a goal to be moving in around one year. My hope is that there may be some farmgirls out there on the porch who might know of a few good places (and I prmise not to tell the world), It's been hard to have much hope these last 8 years, but a little sprout of it has taken root in my heart. That hope is to live as I dream - a small town, a little farmhouse with a garden, a big dog, couple of chickens, you get the picture.

Edited by - lamamama on Aug 09 2005 3:15:53 PM

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  4:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Well, I am glad you are finally here too!!! You sound great..and will fit right in..alot of us have been in the place you are now (not SF..I mean situation) and can relate. It will be fun to get to know you!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  6:10:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melanie! Sounds like you already belong here with us! Looking forward to reading more from you!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  07:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Melanie! You have a very admirable goal. Here's to your success!
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  08:59:10 AM  Show Profile
welcome welcome welcome! randi from jersey
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  10:05:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to a like minded bunch Melanie!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

grammy-o
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lisa
Greenville WI
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  11:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, I'm new here too, and have been in the same place you are. Although Northeast WI can get a little cold, there are hills, there are valley's, there are woods, and trees! I live in a small community here, with my 4 daughters, 7 horses, and huge dog and have since my divorce. Schools are good, community is very involved, almost nop crime rate, unless you count kids throwing pumpkins on the road the day after Halloween. I love my space here!

Let's keep FARM LAND as FARM LAND!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlruns
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Dana
Mount Vernon WA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  08:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, Welcome. Your story sounds a little like MaryJanes story. I don't know if you have access to her book. But, if you can get it you should take a look. She started out in a hotel room with her two children. She saved and poured over realestate catalogs until she found her place in Moscow. She talks about driving up the road in old car with the floor boards worn out and the dust coming in. I am sure you will relate to some of her story. It sounds like you are in a good place right now. Don't give up and press when you think you can't anymore. You will make it in time. I am praying and pulling for ya.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  08:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Melanie, and welcome your dreams!

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  1:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls, I am overwhemed by your friendly, kind & generous welcome!! It has brought tears to my eyes. I know I've found a place I can feel @ home.
THANK YOU so much......... I look forward to getting to know you all, & contributing whatever I can to the circle of ideas & support you have created.
Many blessings on you all!
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  12:39:44 PM  Show Profile
welcome melanie-from your new sister in the midwest!

love your sign-on name! we have some friends who keep llamas and sheep-they named their llamas Bahama-mama-llama pajama-llama!

talk to you soon!
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  7:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
Isn't it nice to curl up on this front porch in our jammies and chat with one another and not look totally nuts! This is a comforting place to be! Welcome!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  1:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Welcome!!!! Pull up a chair and get to know us and we can get to know you.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  12:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, again, to all!
And I'll be rocking on our porch til the cows come home......
I'm positive I'll learn alot, & get lots of inspiration - I just hope I can also contribute something along the way. My heart is certainly here!
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  6:20:16 PM  Show Profile
He melanie,
Come on up to Alberta Canada. If you can stand the cold, its a great place to live and raise kids.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  11:16:53 PM  Show Profile
Actually, I have often thought of Canada. And with what we see of global warming, it may not end up being so frigid up there. ;)
Unfortunately, I have to stick to the "the lower 48," since my custody arrangements wouldn't allow me to move out of the country. I have a feeling, though, that through this "condition of the heart" connection, I am going to find my tribe - the little town where I will be able to put down roots, in more ways than one!
I'm so enjoying being here already.........
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

The Farmers Daughter
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Sherry
LeRoy Kansas
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  04:16:32 AM  Show Profile
Have you ever thought of moving to Kansas Melanie? It's a great place to raise children (I should know since I have eight! HA) and a lot cheaper than a lot of areas. Our only down fall here is we don't have a lot of high paying jobs. If there is anyway I can help (Would be glad to send you one of our local papers.) please contact me.

Sher, The Farmer's Daughter
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  07:35:35 AM  Show Profile
LOL, well global warming hasn't changed the temps to much in mid January!
you will find the right place for you, everything happens for a reason, and we are all where we are, because of that.
It will all work for you, Melanie.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  1:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sher & Michele!
And I agree that "going with the flow" is the best approach. But I also know that at times we need to be brave & start a new journey with that 1st step. I truly believe that I am at that place. And I so want to make a graceful move - both literally & metaphorically speaking! My children will be greatly affected by this, & the enormity of the decision really weighs on me sometimes. I pray for guidance, which I believe also led me to pick-up MaryJane's magazine & find this connection. As I said in my 1st post, a little sprout of hope is actually growing in my heart, now - & I am so very grateful for that. I dream that as I make the move from "farmgirl at heart" to farmgirl in real life (or @ least, small town farmish girl ) , I can be of assistance & support to another person like myself. I've gotten so much inspiration here already, & it would be great to return some of that good energy. Just have to find that little town, with that little farmhouse/cottage, somewhere......
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  6:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
Melanie, I am brand new, too, and can relate to where you are at in your life. I just posted my first message a little while ago, so I hope you'll take a minute to read it. We can get the rust off together! Lisa
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello Farmgirls - I'm Finally Here Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page