Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Treatment Update-Need encouragement ladies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Treatment Update-Need encouragement ladies Next Topic
Page: of 2

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  10:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Clare, I will pray for you to feel better as quickly as possible. The other girls are right, keep thinking about treatment being over and you being well. You are such a strong fighter, I have no doubt you will overcome this obstacle. A big farmgirl hug to you!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  03:10:16 AM  Show Profile
You are in my prayers, dear Clare. I can't imagine how tough it is for you, but you are constantly in my thoughts. I'm looking forward to getting my email buddy back!
(((HUGS)))

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  05:38:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Don't slack off now, Clare. You're a very, very strong woman. Just imagine all of us in a circle surrounding you, and let the doubts and anger stay outside.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  05:55:01 AM  Show Profile
Clare, I concur with everyone...hang in there, you are fighting this cancer and you ARE going to win. It's a formidable opponent, to be sure. My DH has a saying that when you are running a race, the hardest part of the race is the last part, where you sprint to the finish line.

I like Janice's analogy of imagining a circle of farmgirls around you, I am visualizing us all cheering and encouraging and pushing and dragging you if we have to, toward that finish line. No doubts or anger allowed indeed, just focus on the finish line, you're taking your last chemo today, and 5 radiation treatments, that's one for each finger plus thumb on one hand..so hang in there, and just let your body, the medications, your faith, and all our farmgirl hugs work their magic. I know you're tired, but that is to be expected right now; with your body doing all it can to kick this disease into remission or oblivion.

Rest, and understand that resting in order to allow your body to fight is not a waste of time right now. There will be time and energy later for the activities and obligations that you may feel are going undone right now.

Many hugs,

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Dec 04 2007 05:55:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  10:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Clare,

(((Hugs))) You will continue being in my thougths and prayers. I hope that you're feeling better and more rested soon. Take care and know we are all cheering and hoping the best for you.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  10:54:05 AM  Show Profile
(((hugs and prayers))) Praying for your strength and fast healing.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  10:55:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey, gal pal! As always, the farm gal sisters are right on target. Just keep on keeping on, when negative thoughts begin to creep in, force them out with thinking of something positive, some blessing, no matter how small. I pray for you, and all my farm sisters, nightly, and our combined sustained love and concern for each other is a mighty force indeed. Keep us informed when you can. Lots of love and hugs, Nance.

PS. I AM SO JEALOUS YOU ARE ENJOYING SNOW!!!!!! Make a snow angel for me.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  11:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Clare, you are front and center in my prayers every day. Remember, "today I choose faith not fear." You can do this! Think of the reward you are earning! Cancer free!

love,
P

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  2:37:29 PM  Show Profile
[purple]Ladies, you really come through for me. I guess the uncertainty was taking hold and forcing me to face some fears.

Today is better. Last night I cried and let loose and now those fears no longer have a hold on me. Today life is beautiful again. It is good to be here. I am getting the best possible, most current treatment from the medical community.

I have much to wait and see, but I am going to do my best to be positive, stimulate my immune system with lots of affirmations and visualizations and enjoy my family around me.

Thank you all so much for the hugs and warm words and prayers and pictures in my mind of a circle of farmgirls holding me. I can't tell you how much I needed all these posts from all of you.

THANK YOU!!
/purple]

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  5:04:55 PM  Show Profile
I am glad that your outlook today is better. I can't even imagine how hard it is to go through all the treatments and the worry but I can tell you that my dad went through a horrible surgery last year, chemo, and radiation. During the surgery and treatments his spirits were down and there were plenty of days that were really hard on him. He didn't share his emotions or fears much but we were all frightened for him. It is a year out now and he is okay.
All I can say is keep your chin up. Take it one day at a time and don't think about what is yet to come, just think about the moment. It will get better and we are all here for you - to listen to you, to share in the happy and the sad moments. And this too shall pass and hopefully you will be able to start feeling like your old self again!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  5:34:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Clare: Your strength and positive outlook are a source of awe to me and I know you will come out stronger and healthier when this is all done!! I pray for you and imagine you as a healthy, cancer-free woman. It's coming!

XXOO
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  10:10:37 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry you are having a rough go! Glad to hear you let go of the negativity I know it is hard not to let it in, Look how much strength you are giving others here and at home. Only a few more treatments then you will see it was a stepping stone, to a better you if that is possible. Just look at is well deserved beauty rest. Chin up we are here praying and holding you up. Thinking of you everday! Wish I was there saying it to your face. Hang in there always here for you. ((((BIG HUGS AND A SQUEEZE OF LOVE)))) (((PRAYERS))) (((((((((((MORE HUGS)))))))))
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  10:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
(((((((HUGE HUGS))))) and lots of blessings being sent your way!!! Stay strong!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  9:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Clare,
don't forget to LAUGH!!!! truly it will make you feel so much better.( something I learned after reading a sermon by Norman Vincent Peale.... truly laughter is the best medicine. So get yourself some really silly movies, some popcorn & soda and just kick back w/your kids to watch the silly movies. Cheerish each other & laugh till you get tears in your eyes or piddle in your knickers, which ever occurs first!.
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  06:02:19 AM  Show Profile
Clare, It's a tough battle, but you are a TOUGH woman, and you ARE going to get through it ok! Judy

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Treatment Update-Need encouragement ladies Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page