Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Autumn K.
Seattle WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  2:57:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello women,

I'm Autumn. Hometown is Seattle, WA. I'm first generation off the farm as my parents were raised in rural Wisconsin. I'm a writer by trade and a play-hard farmgirl at heart. Summers I worked for my uncle's produce farm in WI and rode horses in Montana with my cousin. We have a big berry patch in the backyard here in Seattle and we're baking pies and putting up raspberry jam. I'm so grateful that I get to live out in the country again. I'm delighted to have found this community of farmgirls making dreams come true!
Glad to get to know you.

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  6:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Autumn,

Welcome to the farmgirls forum! You'll find lots to write about, and learn, I've had a great time here. Good luck with your pies and jam. Hope to read more from you.

Cecelia

ce's farm
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2004 :  6:27:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Autumn...(what a beautiful name you have, by the way!!) You sound like you will fit in fine with the other gals here...glad to have you!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2004 :  04:39:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Autumn,

As you can see, we are farmgirls from all over the country, and some of us have to be happy being "urban farmgirls". That includes me, who has an organic garden, and a wooded lot that backs up to undeveloped land. It is not a farm, darn it, but I can sit on my back porch and pretend!

I look forward to hearing stories of your summers on the WI farm. I spent mine on a dairy farm in Iowa.

Glad to have you!
Jeannie
Go to Top of Page

jamie
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

jamie

33 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2004 :  09:01:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Autumn!

Well, we have a few things in common. That is - places we have called home. I was born and raised on my family's farm in MT which my parents are still farming and am now living in a small town in WI. Where in Wisconsin does your family farm? I live about 30 min. north of Madison. Anywho, my husband and I are planning to make the move in 3 years back to MT and take over the farm. Seems like an eternity. My husband is farming for a guy right now in Iowa. So, we're doing the long distance thing but it makes the heart grow fonder. :)
Take care y'all, Jamie
Go to Top of Page

simpledreamer
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Marybeth
Louisiana
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  06:48:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello from Louisiana! I just want to welcome you to this wonderful community. I live in what some people would call the country but I still have to split my time between town and my home. My dream is return to a simpler time and live on a "real" farm one day. I'm pretty new to this community but these girls can really make you feel welcomed. I'm looking forward to getting to know ya!

Dreaming of a simpler life,

Marybeth
Go to Top of Page

Skiff
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Kathy
Plainview Texas
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2004 :  09:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

What a breath of fresh air to talk about getting dirt under your fingernails instead of going to get nails put on .....I am not trying to offend anyone, maby someone can have the fake nails and work in the dirt, can food , have a garden, but I have yet to meet her.......I sound sarcastic and do not want it to come across as bitter.......I moved back to farming county after living away in the Kansas City ares for over 23 years. I see since my move back to the area that many of the traditions for the farmer's wives;cooking food and taking it to the farmer in the fields, canning food, growing a garden, mending clothes and many of the things I took for granted that would never change has lost some of their appeal to many of the women that live here. I am somewhat of an oddity here because I have the knowledge of the city but the true heart of a farm girl. I get excited about making a lunch for my dad and putting tea in a quart jar with wax paper under the lid, picking peaches off the tree, having tomatoes and cantalope, green paper, squash straight off the vine and or just sitting out in the evening under the stars. I am grateful that the desire for the life of simplicity is making a comeback.

Sunshine on your face.
Go to Top of Page

terese
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

terese
chagrinfalls ohio
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2004 :  10:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Send terese an AOL message
Welcome Autumn,
that is a very cool name... Spending time writing and reading with all these wonderful woman is so fun. It is refreshing to know we are not alone in our hopes and dreams.
terese
Go to Top of Page

minersgardengal
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

vicky
foresthill ca
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2004 :  9:12:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Autumn--Welcome to the secret world of quite fabulous women who will someday rule the world--the important parts anyway. Have you thought of visiting CA??

Diggin' it in the Foothills,
Vicky

Garden Retreats and Residential Garden School in the works; Need investors small or large to build Tipis/Yurts!! VISIONARIES WELCOME TO VISIT!!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page