True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  2:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey Amanda,
hear tell it is suppose to snow tomorrow.....R-U ready?
Have you found that perfect coat yet?
We enjoyed waking up to a lovely frosting on the ground
this morning.
"course it's always nice, when you are inside w/the fireplace going and a nice hot cup of java in your hand..

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.

Sisters on the Fly#472

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  2:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Short answer Ummm No! lol, to all of the above. The kids swear every morning after DH scrapes the car window,that is snow.I have a feeling that once it actually does we are going to be in for a BIG shock!! I mean how am I supposed to get them to school?!! You dont expect me to drive do ya???LMBO, just kidding I think we will be fine.If not, well I guess we'll walk to school!!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  7:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there, you are not alone,,,, I am not to keen on driving in the snow or the black ice.
DH just got snow tires for the Jeep & the PU truck, so i guess my car will stay in the garage through the winter since I don't want to have to buy a 3rd set of snow tires. those suckers are bloody expensive!
Hey, I heard that the Bi-Mart over in Chenney opened today. Hope it doesn't hurt the Ben Franklin stores sales.

Sisters on the Fly#472

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  01:11:00 AM  Show Profile
grace you'll be fine, just take it slow and steady. most people get going to fast and that is what causes the accidents. You gals are gonna be fine.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:23:42 AM  Show Profile
I love snow! :P I don't like being on the road in it because too many people are too dumb to realize that you need to drive safely, but I love playing in it, walking in it and throwing it at my sweetie =D
I lived all over the world when I was a youngster and mostly in snow free places, so I've never quite got enough of it....probably going curse myself now and be up to my ears all winter. Ah well.

You ladies be careful

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
On the way home from the mall (45 miles away) from my Christmas job it was flurrying. I love the snow even driving in it, but then I drive for the most part back country road with no traffic. Here in Wisconsin we have two seasons as they say Winter and Road Construction. Keys to driving it it, Drive slow, Never stomp on your brakes, and just because you have 4 wheel drive does not mean you can drive faster then those of us who don't. I just love seeing the 4 wheel drive vehicles in the ditch after they have blown bye you on a snowy or ice road. Here's to winter the time to sit by the fire, stitch and craft, eat casseroles and crock pot goodies with home made bread and all the yummies we have put away in our freezers for this season.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
You know I am SURE I will be fine, its just the thought of not really"knnowing" what to expect.

Mama to 2

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  5:56:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Betty jo, I so agree w/U, this is the perfect time to slow down, put the crock pot to good use & start pulling out those canned sauces & jams, and to sit by the fire with a relaxing crafting project.
"Mandapoppins" drive slow & safe, I know I plan too.
Annika, my last "snowball fight" was 6 years ago,,,in a little village outside of Meimsheim, Germany. My best/childhood friend, her hubby & 2 sons, my daughter & I were leaving a pizza parlor(yes-they have Pizza in Germany) and some how a snowball fight broke out, not sure how, but then again, we all had several "Warm Ameretto & Creame" oh yum!
Teresa, I plan to take your advice about driving carefully.

Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 15 2007 5:58:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  8:58:34 PM  Show Profile
only one more thing about driving make sure you leave plenty of space between you and the person in front of you.

and you gals will be great

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  8:44:51 PM  Show Profile
ok, I give up,,,, where is this "snow" that the weatherman has been telling us about???? so far
all I have seen is a real, real light dusting that lasted all of 30min....
oops! did I just tick off the snow fairies? will it snow like crazy now
that I have bagged on the weatherman???
hmmmmmmmm!?!?

oh, and LFD, I was sort of looking forward to "bumper car" driving! lol!!! (just kidding).
Hope the ankles is doing better.

Sisters on the Fly#472

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  9:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Grace,that is exactly what I am thinking!Are they lying/stupid/orREALLY just dont know? I want snow(kindof)
oh yeah, Grace cali girls can only appreciate the value of a good bumper draft right? lol

Mama to 2

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  10:18:44 PM  Show Profile
gals what news channel are you watching their is one that is usually on the dime and dont count on it if they say it is more then 2 days away things change a lot, if they say snow tommorrow it is more believable. gonna have to ask carol sue which news channel cause i cant remember. did i mention that you can smell the snow in the air before it snows

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  10:25:23 PM  Show Profile
She isn't lying 0n the smelling sn0w in the air, I g0t a hubby wh0 can and he is pretty darn accurate. Strange huh!!!!!
Channel 2 f0r us is the m0st acurrate. And weather changes pretty fast, s0 d0n't w0rry it will c0me, and y0u will b0th d0 great. Yep, kn0w ab0ut the drafting thing, isn't that kinda n0rmal d0wn there.
l0l

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  10:25:15 AM  Show Profile
Yep, KREM Ch2, that's what I watch....
as for the "smelling the snow" in the air,,,you are the 2nd person who has mentioned that to me. Julia Hayes says the same thing...ok, so now I know you gals really are talented up here....hmmm, maybe I'll just call you for the weather report... lol!
I am loving this rain, it keeps me inside & in my craft room sewing... I bought a pair of vintage barkcloth drapes from a gal in MO. They are now soaking in the sink w/a smidge of laundry soap, then I will rinse them in water w/a couple of capfulls of vinegar. Hang dry/Iron & then make new drapes out of them for my T.V. room which is retro/modern. I think I will line them to protect the vintage fabric.
SIL fly's in today, he gets to stay a whole week this time. DD & we are so excited to have him here for the Holidays. His Pop was here all of lasst week, but had to return to Calif. We'll be so glad when we are all here together & not having to do the gazillion trips back & forth.
ok, off to play.

Sisters on the Fly#472

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  10:53:29 AM  Show Profile
I can smell snow too...how odd, I have never heard of anyone else doing it and I always get rolled eyes when I mention it to someone...heh...Kooky Clucker weather witches is what we are

Annika

Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  11:31:54 AM  Show Profile
we've had our first freeze here.. but no mention of snow yet.. i am ready when the weather does get bad enough to keep me indoors, i have plenty of yarn to keep me crocheting for a while.. as well as a stocked pantry and freezer. may be eating frozen strawberries if it gets really bad, but.. oh well. luckily down here we don't have a lot of really bad winter storms.. an occasional ice storm that will slow things down for a day or two.. but no blizzards.

Life is too short to be narrow minded.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  1:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Can someone PLEASE let me know when you smell it? lol also what the heck does snow smell like?

Mama to 2

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  10:06:17 PM  Show Profile
ok so manda i went out this evening to get snow boots and a snow suit for the oldest
and if you dont have those snow boots for the kids yet get them NOW cause they are getting harder to find the correct size and as soon as it snows they will all be gone. sears has snow suits for half off cost 17 with tax. and they are saying maybe snow on monday. and there are no cheap snow boots we tried although target had them on sale.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  09:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Ughhhhhhhhhh, i guess if I have to I will do that.........

Mama to 2

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  10:09:00 AM  Show Profile
I smelled the snow in the air this morning. Faintly but its there. My guess is snow in the higher elevations...you'll start seeing a neat white patch on Mt. Spokane before the snow starts to hit the lower elevations. Grace, we are higher out here than in town so we usually get snow sooner. The ground isn't frozen well enough for anything to really stick. Unless we get another temperature shift it may flurry then melt...We need 20's or lower at night and then 30's during the day. I LOVE THE SNOW!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT...Driving is totally no big deal around here provided you give yourself plenty of time to get anywhere. It is just beautiful..can't wait!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  11:58:37 AM  Show Profile
that settles it, I'm coming over to your house & you can drive me around town..lol!
Meri's husband arrived yesterday & we are hoping for snow before he has to go back to Calif...so keep sniffing deary, we want that snow!...

Sisters on the Fly#472

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  12:38:20 PM  Show Profile
*does the snowflake dance* it's snowing down here in moscow...sort of sloppy, but it's snow

Annika

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  7:57:17 PM  Show Profile
lol its not to bad grace just hope and pray that your road actually gets plowed.....
could be yucky if its not but you can still drive just not as easy

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  6:10:36 PM  Show Profile
yep our road gets plowed & we have a little tractor/snow plow to scouch the snow away from the driveway that the City plows into our driveway.
Both truck & jeep have their winter tires on now....so we are good to go.
So,,, come on mother nature,,, bring it on! lol!

Sisters on the Fly#472

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  8:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I honestly like driving in the snow too! LOL I had to go pick up Doug from work today and I loved seeing the snowflakes dancing in my headlights.

I love standing outside when the really huge snowflakes fall and you can actually hear them hitting the ground, the world gets this particular stillness and a hush all over. Then I look up into the sky and you almost get dizzy as you watch the flakes fall :D

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  8:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
You know, I laid in bed last night listening for this snow you talk about. All I heard was cars!!Humph!!

Mama to 2

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Weather Report: Previous Topic Hey Firemama~Amanda Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page