katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  6:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Ok, so today I am sure the neighbors were thinking, "Those Crazy Californians"....
Why you ask?, 'cause around 6:30am this morning my DH & I, like a couple of kids on Christmas morning ran outside in our jammies, with our cameras & took a gazillion pic's of the light snow, then ran back inside, downloaded the pic's & e-mailed them to all our family & friends back in California...ok, so we are a little goofey...what can I say, we are from California
!
Happy snow day!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.

Sisters on the Fly#472

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  7:18:03 PM  Show Profile
WE did much the same thing our first winter here. And our neighbors still think we are nuts to barbque all winter long. That is one CAlif thing we refuse to give up.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  8:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Oh you wanna know something sad Grace? I went and bought the kiddos snow suits and boots, they hadthem on all afternoon!It was cold but VERY SUNNY!! I cant wait til we see some!!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  7:11:00 PM  Show Profile
lol ok we arent from cali but have some funny moments too....
last year i went out in my jammies with a feather blanket wrapped around me to watch the snow come down

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  9:02:23 PM  Show Profile
It's all good, whether your from Calif. or timbucktoo,,,,the 1st snow is always exciting.
Hey Amanda, guess what I did on Monday? Yep, went & got myself a big "mango agogo" @ Jamba Juice....ok, so how is that for a goofey Californian in snow?
LFD,,,you silly goose, you'll catch your death of cold playing outside in the snow w/only your jammies & blankie! What will the kids think? what will the neighbors think? what will mommy think,,,,oh wait she was probablly out there too! lol!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.

Sisters on the Fly#472

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  10:16:39 PM  Show Profile
believe it or not but that feather blanket was as warm as a coat all snuggly, this year i just slept in the girls room and stared out of their window at the snow, cant sleep with hubby at the moment cause i am flopping around and he doesnt get any sleep

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Crazy Californians!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page