Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New in northern CA Next Topic  

mlouise
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Alameda CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  10:44:48 PM  Show Profile
I recently saw Maryjane's new book in a cookbook catalog and came to the website to check it out. I live in an urban area, an island in the San Francisco bay where I was born and raised. I attended a farm boarding school for my last 2 years of high school, '66-'68. I was also a hippie so came of age with back to the land, grow your own, conserve, recycle. I went to a small college in Indiana that was very much in a farming community. Fell in love with draft horses about 6 years ago. I have a husband of many years and we have two adult children both with severe disabilites which keeps them needing our support and attention.
Even though I've lived in the city most of my life I have a very strong sense of relationship with farmers, and with farm animals, although I really disliked it when I had egg collecting for my work job in high school. <G> - Marylouise

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  03:10:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Marylouise! It's nice to meet you! I too have a fondness for draft horses after fostering a half blind, orphaned Belgian foal from her birth at the farm next door. It was an amazing experience and I loved the Clydesdales that were at the farm too! Gentle giants to be sure! So many nice gals here you'll be sure to feel right at home, I'm fairly new and really enjoy this board so much. All the sweet new friends really makes this a fun place to be! Ü

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  03:52:14 AM  Show Profile
welcome MaryLouise--

we will be at the MO state fair this week and the Budweiser Clydsdales are supposed to be there again. they were there 3 yrs ago, i think, and we got to see and touch them. holy cow, but they are huge!

i love this site and the people on it. everyone is way different but have such amazing hearts-i know you'll love it too.

are you kids boys or girls?

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New in northern CA Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page