Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Containers For Homemade Cleaners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Containers For Homemade Cleaners Next Topic  

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  7:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
Where do you find your containers for the homemade cleaners? I do not want to reuse containers that held chemical cleaners. I also want to use recycled plastic sprayers, squirt bottles, & misters. I'm also looking for large glass containers to store bulk sodas, borax, & soap flakes. I have looked at our local flea market and rummage sales but they tag them as vintage and charge a pretty penny. I found some through a Frontier co op but I'm scared to order them because I do not know what shipping will cost. We live in a very, very rural area...we do not have a Walmart or Target. We don't have anything but a gas station and a small grocery store. I have the book Clean House Clean Planet that has a website for the author's company but it seems it is no longer. She carried everything I needed. :( Anyway, if you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  10:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
try www.thechemicalstore.com don't let the name put you off- they sell container at a great price.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  09:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
just where is Columbia? Visited your site..will check back

Columbia is 30 miles south of Monroe, LA. We currently live way out from Columbia but will be moving out of Grayson in October where our land is located. Glad you visited the site. It will be updated and hopefully finished during the next 3 weeks. I plan to add my photo journal that shows in detail our property and the improvements we will make along the way. Very soon our goats will be for sale there as well. I also plan to start selling or at least advertising our organic veggies, fruits, eggs, chickens, quail, cabrito, soaps, milk, cheeses...the list is quiet large. Organic is very rare here (because no one cares) so I'm not sure how well it will do but hopefully those wanting fresh produce will flock next season.

What part of LA do you live?

Thanks to all of you for the links!!! I'm looking right now and I think I've found everything I need.

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
Go to Top of Page

jillofalltrades
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Nicole

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  8:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see jillofalltrades's MSN Messenger address  Send jillofalltrades a Yahoo! Message
In the lastest LA Market Bulletin there was an entire story about an organic veggie farm down there. You can read it here http://www.ldaf.state.la.us/divisions/marketing/marketbulletin/on-line-issues.asp I wish I lived closer because I'd visit often. Where we are moving we will not have the fly over problem as we do now.

~Nicole
www.thelazydeaux.com
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  2:06:32 PM  Show Profile
I store my wash powders in clear glass cookie jars by Anchor Hocking. They come in three sizes, 2 gallon, 1 gallon and 1/2 gallon. The liquids I store in a clear glass bottles and jugs. I make hand written lables for them so they look vintage.
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  2:08:06 PM  Show Profile
I reuse the big two gallon jugs with spigots from the laundry detergent I bought before I started making my own. My supplies just stay in their original boxes until I need more. You know, reduce, reuse, recycle. Only plastics take a lot of fossil fuels to recycle, so, reuse, reuse, reuse.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  8:25:38 PM  Show Profile
You can also use the really big pickle jars. that's what I use for my dishwasher det.

Blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Containers For Homemade Cleaners Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page