Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 I finally found a laundry hamper I like!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I finally found a laundry hamper I like! Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  3:53:17 PM  Show Profile
In my little house floor space is at a premium and laundry is always a problem. We collect it near the kitchen side door because the laundry room is only accessed from outside.I love a nice willow laundry basket but it is too bulky and awkward for me to get out the door , down some steps through another door and down another step. I found this round canvas collapsible hamper with a plastic coated lining at Walmart and I love it. It is 48" tall and 24" wide and has 2 nice long cloth handles to carry it and it weighs next to nothing so the clothes don't make you feel like you are moving a house! At $7.95 I think it was a steal! Might have to get another one to store fabric in! They are also nice because they collapse flat and have a tab that you can hang them up with. That is not a common occurence at my house that they would be empty but hey at least they're ready if I need to tidy up! They also just kind of blend into the background being a natural canvas, they don't scream "Dirty laundry over here!" and that's a good thing since it's in a corner of my kitchen!

with a happy heart

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  11:22:10 PM  Show Profile
Bongo bags are nice too. A little more money though. My kids have them to keep toys in and I think I'm going to get a few for my laundry situation as well.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I finally found a laundry hamper I like! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page