UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  3:36:26 PM  Show Profile
Is there a good book out there that will tell me of all the places to go camping with horses and places to stop if you have horses in tow? I'm really going crazy with horse ownership and we purchased a truck and a gooseneck 2 horse horse trailer with a living quarters and the open road is calling our name! I mainly purchased it so I can get into competative trail riding in my region but I think camping as a family will be kind of fun to do as well. We have never been "tent" campers although we have done it with much complaint but now we have the living quarters in the horse trailer it will be more like RV camping. Any places that are family and kid friendly that you could recomend or even for a girls weekend out with the horses? Anyone else camp or travel with their horses?

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."

Mnhorsemom
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Kathy
Battle Lake minnesota
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  3:51:27 PM  Show Profile
Not sure about Georgia but here in Minnesota a lot of the state parks have camping areas for horses and nice trails to ride. You might do a search of state parks in your area and see what's available.

Farm House Formulas Battle Lake, MN
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  6:31:18 PM  Show Profile
Just go to the library or bookstore and you will find many books with the information you want. Or google State parks in your area. We've been camping with horses and it is a lot of fun. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Camping with horses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page