Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Renaissance Faire? Who Likes To Go To Renfest?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Renaissance Faire? Who Likes To Go To Renfest? Next Topic  

Traveler_and_Poet
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

8 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  12:54:59 PM  Show Profile
I was just wondering who else likes Renaissance Faires? I have an herb garden modeled after a medievial garden and make many dishes from medievial France.

Who else likes this kind of thing?

Traveler_and_Poet's Blog

Nana Naomi
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Mary
Tyler, Texas TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  3:06:24 PM  Show Profile
Howdy!
I know Texas seems really far removed from refests but, we actually have two super-sized faires and many minis! We perfer the Scarborough Faire at Waxahatche. The booths are judged and it is family friendly. The Texas Refest in Magnolia, Texas is just outside of Houston and we had to leave because of the drinking, language and dress( or lack thereof!). I have been collecting clothes, toiletries and goodies each year for 15 tears now. We love it!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  3:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Can you believe I have never been to one? Always wanted to...will someday!! I love that sort of thing. Love Mountain man rendezvous too. History coming alive is always fun. I did worry about that they would be family friendly ..I am glad there are some out there that are.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  4:57:16 PM  Show Profile
I use to participate in Ren Faires back in the good ol' days, in California , I was part of an archery guild and a fencing guild... so much fun!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Renaissance Faire? Who Likes To Go To Renfest? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page