Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Who else hates buying underwear?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Who else hates buying underwear? Next Topic  

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  07:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Am I the only one with this problem? How many times do you buy a package of 3 pairs of underwear, to get them home and find out they don't fit, then you're stuck with them! I'd rather shop for a bra or bathing suit, at least you get to try them on!

I think something's going on with sizing. A few years ago, I finally found great underwear. You know, 4-way stretch, didn't creep up, etc. Then they stopped making them (Hanes, I think). Now, everything's falling apart, so it's off to the store to try to replace them. Well, what a dizzying array of choices! Thongs, bikinis, hipsters, boy legs, high cuts, you get the picture. Voila, there's my favorite kind, back again, so I bought the same size I was replacing (M). Got them home, holy cow, the waist was so tight! Ok, so I figured the old ones had "relaxed" and just had to break in the new ones...no way, deep red marks around my waist, just not worth it! I asked my daughter (still can wear girl's 14) to try them on, she said they were tight on her, too!

Ok, that's 3 pair not getting worn ($10). Back to the store, maybe I'll try the boy leg version, and I measured myself at home, so I could check the size charts on the package. Ok, now it says I need large, I can deal with that. So, another $10 on 3 pair. Let me tell you, boy legs creep up! Why don't men complain about this? Apparently they don't ride up on guys...

Why can't you just buy one single pair, instead of having to buy 3?Maybe I'll just patch up the old ones! No, don't suggest a swap on the forum, either!

Lori

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  08:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL Oh Lori! You made me laugh! I HATE buying underwear for all the reasons you list. I can only wear regular cut bikini underwear. No briefs, boycuts, high cuts, hipsters, thongs etc for me! My problem is trying to FIND the regular cut bikinis! It's like finding gold when I do! I think people in the store must think I am a bit "touched in the head" but that's okay...I found my bikinis! LOl

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  12:37:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lori--
I don't buy packaged undies, but I do buy individual ones (usually at Kohl's, because they're so cheap!). They carry all the maidenform and other major brands. I'm way into those microfibre/no pantyline bikinis, and yes, ahem, the "slingshots" as my good friend calls them. I actually swore I would never wear them, but now I don't like anything "full" coverage--makes me feel like I've got men's boxer shorts on!

I don't mind shopping for underwear so much--I also stick with what I know, so I rarely change, or have "special underwear". Also, I always buy nude and black. Same thing with bras--same brand, same bra. Now that I've said that, they'll probably discontinue it! Oh, and boyshorts DO ride up--in a BIG way!

Ha, I was just thinking about something--y'all have never seen my face, but now you know what I wear under my clothes!!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  12:48:32 PM  Show Profile
I buy the organic undies from Round Belly but truth be told-shhhhh-I only wear undies when I am Cycling. I don't like them.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://womonandsprout.wordpress.com
http://youtube.com/profile?user=GaiasRose
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
Birth is safe, interference is risky; TRUST BIRTH
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  1:24:20 PM  Show Profile
I tried going 'el commando' one day, and it is such a free feeling. Nothing riding up, or having to adjust every now and then. I still wear underwear...I like the cotton bikinis in the package like Hanes or Fruit of the Loom.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  1:49:56 PM  Show Profile
Lori, I can really sympathize!! The only time I can remember not minding buying underwear was when I was pregnant (when I was large enough to need maternity underwear)... There was no problem with those not fitting well- of course they come all the way up to your neck, but at least they were very stretchy and didn't end up where they weren't supposed to-maybe it was the large baby belly holding them in place!! Now they're either too big, too small, shifting all over the place etc. I probably could have solved world hunger by now if I didn't have to spend so much time agonizing over my underwear situation....
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  3:07:52 PM  Show Profile
NOOOO Jonni!! We saw your Wedding Photo.. Beautiful..! Remember?
so.... we know what the face to those undies looks like girl!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  11:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh gals you have made me laugh so hard this evening, buy undies really sucks!!!! Just when you find the ones you like, somehow they change them when you aren't lookin. It is kinda like losin your favorite socks in the dryer.....lol
CS

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  11:05:50 AM  Show Profile
I agree, ladies!

And since when did a size 8 become and EXTRA LARGE!!!!!!!!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  3:54:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness.. You all are a hoot!! I actually laughed out loud reading these posts. I hafta shop in a place I know I fit. So it's victoria secrets for me. I think here, we have confirmed that YES! Women's underwear are definitly made by men. creepage, rolling, bunching, sliding, shifting, cutting....sounds like man's work to me....lol...j/k

oh yeah and those boyshorts if you haven't been subjected to them yet, creepings not even the word....lol..those things roll up wicked and then you not only have a panty line but a nice bunchy roll where your panty line should be.

thanks for making me laugh...where else but here could we talk about buying underwear..yay!!for us!!
hugs jessie

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!

http://HandmadeHeartStrings.etsy.com
www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4178 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4178 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  4:32:59 PM  Show Profile
Don't nobody make their undies? I have not had a pair of boughten underware in, lets see, maybe, 25 years. My ma took a class, and us girls have had homemade undies for years. It is our favorite present anymore, then we don't have to make our own!!! High cut bikinies :O

Michele
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  4:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Okay, show off Michele (and loving cousin)! Some of us can't sew! I for one can't get a button & a button hole to match up. So for us average folk, sewing undies is unthinkable! I wish I could sew, it would same lots of $. But alas, my poor eyesight prevents me from doing anything with needles! I do hate buying skivvies though. I try to be careful and pick out the right size & type only to wind up with a pair of teeny tiny bikinis! Then it's another trip back to find the ones I thought I was getting. Oh well, at least I'm good for the economy!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Who else hates buying underwear? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page