Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 CHANGING THINGS ROUND AND THRIFT.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic CHANGING THINGS ROUND AND THRIFT. Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  09:06:03 AM  Show Profile
Something about this time of year makes me want to change things around, so I got started today and I posted a few pictures. Also added some pictures of a few thrift things from last week.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile
Well not really ROUND, more AROUND.

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  09:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Nancy Jo I love your blog, and those wooden boxes are so cute.

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  10:20:52 AM  Show Profile
Everything looks so nice, Nancy Jo. You do wonder why people get rid of things, don't ya. But I don't worry too long. I've been moving my treasures around also. It must be the time of year--some old time winter nesting urge. I have some big oil lamps that we use when the power goes out. They were my husbands grandmother's and maybe really older. No way of knowing, though. I just got a woodburning kit from the thrift that I hope to use someday. But I'm not making boxes---maybe pictures. Keep thrifting. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  12:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, What beautiful things you have. Those pictures and the little oil lamps, I love them. I haven't looked on your blog for awhile there were so many things I liked. That piggy cookie jar!
Where on earth do you find these things? It must be where I look, but I never am good at finding treasures like these!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  12:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Thankyou girls. Mary Jane, most everything is from garage sales, thrift stores or handed down in the family. Maybe we just have good thrift and garage sales here. The pictures near the little oil lamps I got last year at the thrift. I really liked them, they are tapestry. The piggy cookie jar was from a garage sale a few years ago. It was five dollars. I looked it up and its worth well over a hundred.So that was a really good buy.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  1:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Visiting your blog is like a little oasis in my day. I feel like I have been to a cozy little shop, or had tea (and I do not like teas,so maybe coffee or a glass of wine) with a longtime friend. I think it is really neat how you change things around. It makes all seem new again doesn't it? Your photos bring autumn to mind that is for sure.

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  3:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Jeanie,
What a nice thing to say!! I think YOU should have a blog. The way you have with words you would have all kinds of things to write about.
Still jealous that you got to go meet with some of the farmgirls. I guess I live in the wrong part of the country. Loved looking at all the pictures.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  3:42:14 PM  Show Profile
I Love coming and visiting your home (on your blog)! You always open your doors to us farmgirls and make us feel warm & cozy! Love how you moved things "around"!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
"Sisters on the Fly"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic CHANGING THINGS ROUND AND THRIFT. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page