Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Frugal Farmgirl Tips and Tricks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Frugal Farmgirl Tips and Tricks Next Topic
Page: of 3

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  07:12:56 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh... I just realized how dirty my window is! Oh well - the price of living in an old house, I suppose.

I love that wagon - it's an old cotton trailer that my husband took the sides off of. We use it for a picnic table at barbecues and in October we put hay bales on it and invite all the neighbors and our daughters' friends for a haunted hayride.

Thanks, Chandra. I feel like I'm "talking" way too much, but y'all are so warm and friendly.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  09:17:09 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer....you have a great eye for decorating! Very talented! What dirty window?? :D :) I'm too busy looking at the creative window treatment.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  3:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer-
how creative!How did you think of the punched tin curtain idea??
amazing!
Laura
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  3:55:32 PM  Show Profile
My daughters' former babysitter had one in her kitchen going from cabinet to cabinet. I don't have any high cabinets, so I improvised!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  9:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
This is beautiful! Will be sure to pass this along to MaryJane. You really have an artists touch.

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Nov 07 2007 10:17:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  11:13:20 PM  Show Profile
My grandparents had a fancy horse collar (gosh..it is late and I can't remember what they are called!!!!) like the one in your picture to the right of the window...with a mirror set into it when I was growing up. I LOVED it. It had wood things sort of around it and fancy brass balls that stood up at the top...dressy harness for sure...but just an idea...they look cool with a mirror in them!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  6:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3816&whichpage=1

Here is a link to the other thrifty living thread

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  04:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer,
i was wondering if it gets cold in the winter without fabric curtains at the windows? I have two windows that are difficult to curtain because of how they are situated. Real close to the wall on one side. The kitchen window is right up next to a corner. What holds the punched tin curtain up there?
Denise

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  05:02:52 AM  Show Profile
Denise,

The curtains are nailed to the inside of the window, but I'm sur there's a less permanent solution to keeping them up there.

I haven't really noticed a problem with the cold. Or maybe I just didn't realize that fabric curtains would help so much! :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  1:35:28 PM  Show Profile
I just got a new tip and I love it! My son and dil came up for Thanksgiving and my dil told me that her mother uses a flat razor blade knife to scrape the black rings off her glass top stove. I was skeptical and afraid it might scratch it and so I went at it cautiously last night. It worked beautifully! All this time I've tried scrubbing and scrubbing with soft rags and nylon scrubbers(to no avail) and this was so much easier and actually got them off.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Frugal Farmgirl Tips and Tricks Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page