Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 From the "country" part of California
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic From the "country" part of California Next Topic
Page: of 2

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  10:49:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh Melissa, WAY north of you I think, heard of Bodega? or Bodega Bay? I will have to look at a map, heard of Arcada, but can't remember where it is. The Birds was filmed here lol. Only claim to fame we have, pretty sad. Just kidding that's why I love it here, that and the weather, for an old gal who's post menopausal the cool weather is a big plus. my hubby was born and raised here his family has owned this 12 acres for 55 years. We are actually back here due to my mother in law's health. She was sick so we moved home, (were in Idaho for 12 years) now she is healthy as a horse at 87 years old and will probably outlive us all. ( I sure hope so, I love her and she is a wealth of info)She comes over and helps me snap beans etc. We don't have what you would consider a farm I guess, just some cows, rabbits, chickens, a peacock and Yorkies.My hubby grows a garden every year and I get to put up the veggies. We also have enough blackberries to make jam for all and peaches, pears, plums, apples, the trees are all very old but still produce. We have 5 kids and 10 g-kids so I always can enough for everybody. Problem is my job, I would like to take off during canning season but my boss objects, go figure.
Go to Top of Page

mdotterer
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Marlene
Pleasant Hill CA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  12:07:54 PM  Show Profile
I love Bodega Bay! We always stop there on our way to visit friends in Gualala (which has to be one of the Best Places on Earth)and we love to walk around the beaches. I've always wanted to stop at that sushi place on the highway - is it any good? Anyway, the area you're in is just beautiful.

I'm in Pleasant Hill, right next to Walnut Creek. I'm definitely in for doing a wine tour! So, Meadowlark, let us know when you're coming! My daughter is an innkeeper at a B&B in Napa, so we have a place to stay and she can get us good deals at the wineries!
Marlene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic From the "country" part of California Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page