Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic A New Farmgirl Next Topic  

newlywood
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

59 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  11:45:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello, all!

I just joined today after falling in love with the book. Last year I got married to a farmer and am living on a couple of hundred acres. My husband farms corn, soybeans, and cattle. So far, I have talked him into letting me have 2 cows of my own and have bouth a horse and about 20 hens who have started laying with abandon. I loev it! My life is so fun! I am looking forward to being a part of this wonderful website. Talk to y'all later!

Erika
Lincoln, Nebraska

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  12:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Welcome Erika!! Love your chat name. Glad you are loving your new life..that's great. you will meet many like minded and wonderful ladies on here!
Go to Top of Page

WisGal35
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Cathy
Kenosha County WI
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  1:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on your marriage and your farming enterprise...and for finding the site. Lots of like-minded ladies here, with and without fields & stock.

I was so excited when my chickens started laying, that I sent out an e-mail to everyone I know!

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  2:05:17 PM  Show Profile
hey erika-

WELCOME from a fellow Midwesterner-i'm from Missouri. this is a great place with really lovely women.

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  07:04:25 AM  Show Profile
HI, Erika,
Welcome to the forum and blessings on being newly married. Did you grow up in a rural area or on a farm that you are loving it so much? Or are you treading in new territory and loving the change of pace that country life offers?

I'm from MO, too. I know this sounds like a broken record to those who have read a few of my posts, but when you have 4 kids who choose colleges in 3 different states, the advantage is getting to do a little traveling to make visits. Our oldest son attended a college just 30 minutes west of you in Seward. And we have friends who live in Lincoln, as well. He is the pastor of one of the Lutheran churches there.

So, we are glad to have you on board and are anxious to hear all about the beginnings on your farm and pray that God will bless you with many years of a strong marriage.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

newlywood
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

59 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  10:31:43 AM  Show Profile
Hello Lynda,

Nope I'm a Kentucky girl from the suburbs. New territory for me. Lots of new experiences. I turns out I am as productive as my little cow and am expecting our first child New Years Day. This has turned out to be 2 very big years!

To Lynda and Karen,

We drive through MO on our way back to parents in KY. A beautiful state.

Erika
Lincoln, Nebraska
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1827 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1827 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  11:46:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi from Iowa, My son was stationed in Omaha for 4 years so we traveled there many times. the midwest is a great place to live. Congrats on being pregnant! What an exciting time for you.
Go to Top of Page

Ahodge
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Anne
334 SW Well, Fort White FL
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  1:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Ahodge a Yahoo! Message
Hi (Waving to everyone),Just another Florida farm girl here! North Central Florida, Columbia County. Just wanted to say hello and once I learn my way around here, I hope to make some great friends! Y'all sound like the sort I want to hang out with! I have 63 different animals, cook, sew, and can my own jelly. Plus work part time and have 2 kids at home. Busy, busy, busy. but this website has captured my attetion. So Hello!
Go to Top of Page

LifeSmiles
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Kathy
DeKalb IL
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  1:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Erika-

Congrats on the farm, the marriage, and the upcoming baby! How delightful to have so many positive things at one time! (welcome to the forum, too!)

Cheers!
Kathy

http://getyourhookon.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  2:48:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Erika, welcome to the group!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  7:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey Erika, WElcome to the group, glad your here! Simply, Julia

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic A New Farmgirl Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page