owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  09:38:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi, this is my first day on this website. I never knew such a thing existed for women who want to be or are farmgirls!! I'm a wannabe. The older I get though, I don't know if it will become a reality without a man in my life to help me out. Meanwhile I live the fantasy. I do have a friend who has 140 acres of land, 90 of which is woods. He farms a portion of the rest. I've played farmgirl on the tractor there, but he's 4hrs north of me and with gas prices the way they are, I don't get up there anymore. I practice farmgirl skills, quilting, redwork, crocheting, bread baking, etc. One of these days I'll try jelly-making! I would love to make some farmgirl friends through this website and hear how other women are making their dreams come true. Good luck to you all.

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  3:14:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jan,
The dream is there, it will come!
As for me, I have a couple extra lots here in town to give me some space until I can make my farm dreams come true.
Sounds like your working on the skills!
Enjoy the forum!
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

WisGal35
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Cathy
Kenosha County WI
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  4:17:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jan, glad to see another farmgirl from Wisconsin. Enjoy the site - it will inspire you.
Your skills prove you don't need land to be a farmgirl....or a man. I have several close farmgirl friends, each with horses and 5-10 acres, and each of us 'gals' takes on the bulk of the 'farm chores.' While the other husbands are relatively disinterested in farm chores, my DH is a big help around the farm, and I don't know if I could do it w/out backup...and I even occasionally 'lend him out' to one farmgirl friend without male support.

Edited by - WisGal35 on Aug 17 2005 4:17:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  08:51:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jan!
Welcome aboard!!! I'm a WannaBe too! We have a lake on home on Castle Rock Lake in Mauston.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  09:51:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi -- I'm a suburban-Chicago FarmGirl -- after all, farm girl is a state of mind . . . and of doing -- your many skills and interests mirror those of many on this site. Good for you! and enjoy this site. So much inspiration.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  9:09:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jan, I'm in Beaver Dam, it's fun to see so many WI gals here on board Welcome!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi From Wisconsin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page