Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Another would-be farm girl drops in
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Another would-be farm girl drops in Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  4:42:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi there! My name is Annika and I'm a transplant to Moscow Idaho. I'm currently disabled due to panic disorder and a digestive system breakdown. I'm about to turn 45 and of about a decade of living here, just now starting to understand its cycles (I wasn't trying before, I still hated Idaho), so this is the first year (and even off to a late start!) that my garden hasn't just up and died and my heirloom tomato patch is coming along nicely.

I'm still having major problems with panic when I go out so I've been looking around for a craft to throw myself at. Seeing all of the tall willowy native grass, I have decided to give a shot at making braided native grass baskets....I have no idea whats going to come of this, but...

Otherwise, my mama was from Ireland and my dads family from around Austin Texas, so I'm a little freckle faced red head who likes horses, cooking, gardening, photogaphy, animals of all sort, sailing, crafts and writing among other things

I am interested in the simplicity movement if you want to lable it that. I enjoy doing anything that cuts clutter and stress from my and my sweetie, Andrews lives.

Anyway HI!

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  5:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Annika! Glad you are here! You sound like a true farmgirl and will fit right on in here! Tell us about your heirloom tomatoes, YUM! Braiding grass for baskets sounds wonderful! Let us know how that goes! Look forward to hearing all about you! Jenny from Kansas

The flowers flee from Autumn, but not you-
You are the fearless rose that grows amidst the freezing wind. Rumi
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  7:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Annika! I can just see your business blooming now - Annika's Tallgrass Baskets. You could sell them online and stay close to home until you are ready to venture out.

Thank you for your honesty in sharing with us! Hope you find comfort here.

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  03:41:40 AM  Show Profile
It's nice to meet you Annika, welcome!
You and I have similiar interests and "conditions". I too suffer with disabling panic disorder and have for too many years to mention. I'm 46,(married w/out children, unless you count my 3 "furbabies", lol) and also like to garden, craft and love horses & animals of all kind!

Your tall grass baskets sound interesting and bet they would be good sellers for ya! I've found that with panic conditions it's best to keep both hands and mind busy and you've found a good way to do that! I've been crafting/sewing most of my life and family knows it's my "therapy" to help calm these nerves! I know only too well how you feel about going out, etc. Feel free to email if you'd like to share more, ok!

Meanwhile, a warm welcome to you! Would love to hear more about the basketmaking you plan to do, I've crafted many things but never a basket but it sounds like fun!

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  06:00:56 AM  Show Profile
good morning annika from missouri!

welcome, welcome. this is a cool place-lots of support and kindness from other "sisters" from all over.

there are some interactive kind of posts here too. there is a mail art list, a charm block quilt list and a button list-all of them through the good old US postal system. look through the posts and you'll find them. it's lots of fun.

sending big hugs and a prayer for peace.

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Another would-be farm girl drops in Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page