grammy-o
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lisa
Greenville WI
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  12:54:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy to meet you all. I actually have two small farms just south of Green Bay. 4 daughters,2 step daughters,7 horses, a St. Bernard and 2 guinnea pigs. Seems to be a problem keeping my horses in the township where I live. The town clerk doesn;t like horses so everytime I move a fence, put one up or take one down, she gets all upset. Fortunately, the neighbors, and the law are on my side. TOO Bad for her!

Let's keep FARM LAND as FARM LAND!

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  2:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Lisa,
What do you do for fun besides make the town clerk mad?
I know you will enjoy the forum.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

grammy-o
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lisa
Greenville WI
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  2:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Well, lately, for fun I've been putting up fence at the "new place", and doing a LOT of weeding in what I imagine used to be a beautiful raised flower bed.

The new house has 7 bedrooms, 2 family rooms, a formal living room, formal dining room, eat-in kitchen an office and 4 bathrooms. I've been trying to get some decorating done to make it feel like home, but everytime a find a new box to unpack I wander around trying to figure out which room it would look best in...

I've also been working on the "old place", painting, wiring, plumbing, putting up walls, etc to get it ready for renters. Come to think of it, guess I haven't been having much "fun" lately:) Although, now my new fence is up and I can move some of the horses so I'll be able to ride and break in the 2 year old stud I just bought. Then the FUN will begin! As long as I don't break anything but the horse that is!

By the way, I already LOVE the forums, I'll have to call my sister to thank her for turning me on to Mary Janes Farm.

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  08:35:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lisa, Molly in Beaver Dam here :) Welcome to the group!!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

grammy-o
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lisa
Greenville WI
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  07:09:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Mollymae in Beaver Dam! Have you started or do you belong to a farmgirl chapter? If not, maybe we could start one and meet in Fondulac or something?

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  08:14:39 AM  Show Profile
I thought I sent this already...hmmm...if I have a double-post, I apologize!! Yes, that would be great, I have a chapter here (of one...me...) I have another gal who might be interested in joining. Email me and we'll chat about it!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New in WI Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page