Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  05:21:38 AM  Show Profile
CarolC, AnnieT, and Meadowlark,

Please e-mail me with your snail mail addresses and color preferences (if any). I already received a chicken card and I just finished cutting stacks of 6-inch squares to send out to everybody listed on the card. There were 8 farmgirls listed, but you three weren't on the list. I'll add you and send you some charm squares and buttons.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  05:31:07 AM  Show Profile
I don't have your email address. No color preferences for me...I would love a variety...a surprise.
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  06:15:28 AM  Show Profile
CarolC, AnnieT, and Meadowlark,

You can e-mail me and the other farmgirls through MJF. Just click on their user name in that left panel by their reply. Their user profile will come up and there is a place to e-mail the farmgirl through MJF. It's safer than putting your e-mail address in the entries on the forums.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  08:20:46 AM  Show Profile
Jane,
I emailed you. Thanks!
Annie
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  10:33:42 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark,

I found your address on the mailart list. I'm including you when I send out charm squares this afternoon. If you have a color preference, please just post it on here, and everyone else can add it when they get the address list I'm going to enclose.

Jane

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  10:36:27 AM  Show Profile
Jane, I just emailed you! Thanks for doing this!Color favorite is red.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre

Edited by - MeadowLark on Sep 02 2005 10:37:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  2:07:22 PM  Show Profile
I sent an email for the charm square exchange, but haven't heard anything. What do I need to do?
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  2:57:50 PM  Show Profile
I am with Jan. I sent an E to Diane, but haven't heard anything either.
Julia

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  4:02:16 PM  Show Profile
Jan and Julia, From what I gather Diane is on vacation. There were 2 other girls besides myself that did not get on the charm square list that is circulating. Jane (QuiltingQueen) kindly offered to put us on the list and send out some squares and buttons so we can get started on the exchange. Email her from this site with your snail mail address and color preferences so you can get involved. Hope this helps!

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  5:32:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Meadowlark for the info. Your great!

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  5:32:49 PM  Show Profile
AnnieT, CarolC - Email me too and I will add you to my list. I worked on some of mine this morning and finished 6 so, with all of you added, I have five more to go. No problem, the more the merrier I always say!

Meadowlark_ I already added you since I have your address from Mail Art. I'll race you to the mail box! Ready, set ...GO!!!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  5:53:02 PM  Show Profile
All these farmgirls ROCK!!! Have a safe and fun holiday weekend! Bramble, I got my track shoes on!

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  05:36:20 AM  Show Profile
Whew!!
I have no idea what is happening here..........
I sent my info FOUR separate times and havent even rec'd a reply, let alone a list.
I just sent all my info to Carol...
maybe that will get me on the list.

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  09:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Let's take a TIME OUT, girls, and hang loose until further instructions arrive from the farm on the protocol of the list keeping... everyone take a deep breath. Thank you.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Sep 06 2005 12:47:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  12:39:16 PM  Show Profile
Quilting Queen Jane! Thank you so much for the fabric squares and buttons! I love them! Thanks for the list too! I am sending fabric out this week and buttons! This is so much fun! Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  9:40:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey Diane, Not to add the kerfuffle, but while you were on holiday, Jane offered to send squares to me. I got them today, but now I read Clare's post to "hang loose". What should I do? Should I go ahead and send squares on to the gals on the list or should I wait? Julia

Thanks Jane for the square's and buttons. The fabric is beautiful and buttons are great. You're a sweetie!

Edited by - Julia on Sep 06 2005 9:44:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  1:59:57 PM  Show Profile
This is a repeat of sorts of a message I posted on the "charm square kerfuffle"...kind of confusing having the same topic in 2 different places. Anyway, I got my first squares today (birds tweeting, fawns frolicking, music playing!!!) and lovely buttons and I'm just delighted. It's been a rough week for the whole nation and, quite frankly, I needed something to cheer me up. This sure has helped! I can't get back into town until Monday and will sit down Sunday and get everything cut and put together. I have the 11 addresses Jane Hubner sent and the 12th which was on the envelope, and I'll make sure I get them all. When and if I get any other addresses, I'll get those taken care of to! Thanks so much, Jane. You made my day!!!

I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque..Bugs Bunny
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  5:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody! I'm new and I'd like to join the exchnge but I don't know what to do. I've quilted for years but never exchanged with anybody. Do we just send 6" squares to someone or do we quilt them first? Please help. Thanks!
Utahfarmgirl
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  6:51:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patricia and welcome! Right now we are in the process of having the list kept by the farm so the transition is happening and it is confusing. If you would like to email me with your info I will add you to my list and send you a "sample " mailing so you have an idea when you get started. We are just sending 6" squares of fabric so that by the time we all swap we will each have enough to make a small charm square quilt. Some people are also including buttons( we also have a button swap) to make it more confusing! Just log in , click on members, find me and click , there will be a spot that the site will send me a message from you. Include your name , address and I will add you to my updated list. Nice to have you with us!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  11:52:20 AM  Show Profile
I agree with CarolC, with all the heartbreaking news coming from the hurricane and crying everytime I watch the news, we need something to balance our emotions and disconnect for a bit. And leave it to farmgirls to have a solution, thank you all........and blessings remain to be counted.....

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art....

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  3:25:42 PM  Show Profile
I realize this is a repeat but we now have 3 "topics" for the same charm square project, and I don't want to miss anybody. My question is...if I want to stick in an extra square of holiday/seasonal fabric, would anybody be offended or prefer that I not? Sometimes I forget not all holidays are celebrated by everybody and not all holidays are even approved of. If you would prefer I not stick in something Halloweenish or autumnal or Christmasy, please let me know. If I accidentally send some to somebody who doesn't care for it, hey, use it for a very small dustrag!

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  5:13:41 PM  Show Profile
I can't imagine somebody being offended by your gift of generosity. Seasons and holidays are so much fun to decorate for. Personally, I'd accept any squares anybody sends with thanks and send back blessings!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2005 :  10:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Your very considerate. I figure if someone get a square they don't like, seasonal or not, they can always share it with a friend.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  1:26:31 PM  Show Profile
I'd love whatever anyone sends, and I agree, the seasonal prints are fun and festive, and could make nice dust rags!!!LOL A BIG thanks to Jane for sending me a list along with her charm squares, it's so neat to see different patterns, since the only place around here for me to get material is Walmart, I hope I don't end up sending the same prints???? Jane, your super for catching us up!!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile
I sent my first 12 envelopes out with charm squares and buttons yesterday. I understand I'll soon get the list with the remaining 5 or 6 names and I'll get to them as soon as possible. I already mentioned this to Diane, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of this. The guy at the post office was weighing and "fondling" each envelope and he asked what was in them (those fabrics and buttons give off an interesting texture under manilla, apparently). Since I wasn't sending plans for a nuclear submarine or anything like that, I told him, and he stood there in stunned silence for a moment and then said "Why? Why would anyone do that? You can go to the store and buy all the fabric and buttons you want!!!" He just kept shaking his head and looking at me like I had lost my ever-loving mind! Like I told Diane, you really can't apply logic to a charm square exchange and that's another reason why it's fun!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page